Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 9:25:22 PM EDT
Thought I'd put the word out for anyone interested.  I was in Pop Guns in Indianapolis yesterday ad they had three new Benelli M4's for sale in there.  one of them had a collapsable stock, it was $1100, not sure what the tag was on the other two.  

Wish I had the funds
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought they were closed on Sundays.  Did they open back up?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I was in there drooling over them Friday. If I only had the money....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
...one of them had a collapsable stock...

I'm still leery of that set-up, as I have a letter from the BATF stating that adding a working telestock to a Benelli M4 is a violation of 922(r). I have one with the faux telestock and wrote the BATF right after the AW ban expired asking them about the legalities of adding a real one, to which they replied that it would be illegal since it is an imported shotgun.

I was told by the customer service manager at Benelli that it was illegal to do so as well. He stated that the LE models with the real telestocks are not for civilian ownership. When the AW ban expired, LE model AR-15 rifles were legal again because they are domestically produced. People have wrongly assumed that LE-marked imported shotguns fall under that same category, but they do not.

Unless the BATF has recently reversed its stance, I'd stay away from the LE model.

Dear Mr. *****:

This refers to your letter of September 21, 2004, to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), in which you ask about adding a telescoping stock and a magazine extension to a Benelli M1014 shotgun.

A shotgun with a telescoping stock or a magazine greater than 5 rounds is prohibited from importation into the United States under the provisions of section 925(d)(3) of Title 18, United states code (U.S.C.). Assembly of such a shotgun from imported parts is prohibited under 18, U.S.C. Section 922(r). The implementing regulations in Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 478, Section 478.39 (formerly Part 178, Section 178.39) prohibit assembly of such a shotgun that contains more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of the regulation. Assembly of such a shotgun using 10 or less of the listed import parts is not prohibited. The shotgun is also subject to whatever State laws and local ordinances may apply.

We thank you for your inquiry and trust that the foregoing has been responsive to your request.

Sincerely yours,

(signed)
John A. Spurgeon
Chief, Firearms Programs Division
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I don't ever remember them being closed on Sundays.  Sunday mornings - any mornings, for that matter - are a good time to use their range.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#5]
*****CORRECTION*****

I just left Pop guns and I must have read the tag wrong.  The telescoping stock model is $1600, standard stock is $1400.  Sorry about that guys, I hope no one made a trip based on my bad information.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Then waht about that goofy looking FN shotgun that's got the 6 position collapsable slapped on the back of it? I mean I'm just curious or what about the SPAS-12 with the top folders? I thought those were made in Italy as well? Now I'm all sorts of confused on it all I know is the M1014's we use are pretty kick ass and I want one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Then what about that goofy looking FN shotgun that's got the 6 position collapsable slapped on the back of it?

It's a pump-action, thus it's "sporting".

What about the SPAS-12 with the top folders? I thought those were made in Italy as well?

Yeah, but anything imported before the sporting purposes clause is legal in a banned configuration.

It's a crock that US-made shotguns can have all the "evil" features, while an imported one cannot.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
what about the SPAS-12 with the top folders?

They have not been imported since the Bush import ban.
thanks G.W.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw a Fixed stock Benelli M4 at Albros, not sure when they'll have it instock as a regular item.  Might be already.  Much much lighter than a M1014.  But very nice tactical shotty.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't ever remember them being closed on Sundays.  Sunday mornings - any mornings, for that matter - are a good time to use their range.  

I went a few times this late summer/fall.  There was just a note on the door saying they were closed Sundays.  There was also a note looking for part-time help.  If I didn't have a full time gig and school, I would have signed up!  I guess it was just a temporary thing.

They do have a nice range.  I wasn't busting on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top