Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 11:00:54 PM EDT
Look what's coming to Northern MN!  

http://www.shootingsportspark.org/downloads/Shooting_Sports_Park_Feb12_2009.pdf

Directions From Bemidji

http://www.shootingsportspark.org/

I'm just passing the word on and do NOT stand to profit from this whatsoever. It's county land, leased to the shooting clubs, which are non-profit organizations. Details are yet to be ironed out but it's my understanding there will be shots fired at this location in the Fall of 2010.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
That's pretty cool, wish I was closer. There needs to be a lot more of these around...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
right next to the trailer courts... it is sad what that area has become. i used to live about 2-3 miles from where that is going up. the woods are being trashed, and more and more kids think they own the woods when they come up from the twin cities for camping/ partying. :( :( :(
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
right next to the trailer courts... it is sad what that area has become. i used to live about 2-3 miles from where that is going up. the woods are being trashed, and more and more kids think they own the woods when they come up from the twin cities for camping/ partying. :( :( :(

There's no trailer park there. A mile to the South, yeah, but that's not exactly a trailer park even, more like a subdivision with mobile homes.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
just to the south of the "mobile home park" there is a little white house. my Great Grandma lived there for many years. and the lake behind her house was great until the "park" was made. I'm glad for the shooting range, but sad at the type of people that have moved into the area. Sorry for my off topic rant.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
just to the south of the "mobile home park" there is a little white house. my Great Grandma lived there for many years. and the lake behind her house was great until the "park" was made. I'm glad for the shooting range, but sad at the type of people that have moved into the area. Sorry for my off topic rant.

I'm not going to gripe about being off topic, it's keeping the thread at the top anyway.

There is a house South of the park, but as I recall it's yellow. And there's not a lake behind it. I'm afraid we must be thinking of different locations.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#6]
i couldnt find the address, how far is it off of 89 and on what road? jackpine?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i couldnt find the address, how far is it off of 89 and on what road? jackpine?

It will be on the corner of State Highway 89 and Jackpine Road.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Gotcha! To be honest I was thinking of that as a pond.

Do you know if they're accessing it via Mayflower or from the railroad grade?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#10]
true i should of said small lake, but it used to be a great little one to fish on if you like to fish for pike. we used to put the little boat in the middle and cast in all directions and pull in some nice pike. but now the like is fished out, and has been replaced with beer cans/bottles. i still 4 wheel back there, there is little logging roads through there. RR tracks seem the best for trucks sense it is nice and wide. that is near where i hunt. less than a mile away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top