Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2013 5:17:57 PM EDT
Shameless pug time.

Any members know anyone with any pull that works for the city of Bellingham? I applied for a warehousing job with the city and I'm just hoping to get an in. WHat you know will only get you so far, who you know, gets you the edge.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#1]
And posting on a public forum, asking for inside assistance... 'tis no wonder many people loath government employees.

PS - Good luck, should your resume and experiences qualify you for an interview.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Whatever pays the bills. I'm doing everything I can to get a job in my home state of Washington, so the wife and I can exodus from our current location.

Judge not...
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whatever pays the bills. I'm doing everything I can to get a job in my home state of Washington, so the wife and I can exodus from our current location.

Judge not...
View Quote

What's so bad about Ireland?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not in Ireland, I'm Irish.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not in Ireland, I'm Irish.
View Quote

No I'm Irish, but good try. (I had to do it. Sorry cant help on the job front, but I also cannot miss out on good sarcasm, haha. good luck!)
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 12:51:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And posting on a public forum, asking for inside assistance... 'tis no wonder many people loath government employees.

View Quote

PS - Good luck, should your resume and experiences qualify you for an interview.
So... you're advocating what?
You make it seem like leveraging all available resources to get a job is a bad thing, especially in a tough employment market.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You make it seem like leveraging all available resources to get a job is a bad thing, especially in a tough employment market.

Quoted:

Shameless pug time.

Any members know anyone with any pull that works for the city of Bellingham? I applied for a warehousing job with the city and I'm just hoping to get an in. WHat you know will only get you so far, who you know, gets you the edge.

OP states he's hoping someone who works for the city can help him get hired.  

Now imagine you're the hiring official and you see this post.  You've reviewed all of the applications and you're down to the top 3.  You connect the post to one of those applicants and hire him.  THe other applicant see's who was hired (he had an in) and files a complaint with the city.  Now, do you want to be that guy?

Think of the bigger picture.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Shameless pug time.

Now imagine you're the hiring official and you see this post.  You've reviewed all of the applications and you're down to the top 3.  You connect the post to one of those applicants and hire him.  THe other applicant see's who was hired (he had an in) and files a complaint with the city.  Now, do you want to be that guy?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Shameless pug time.

Filing a complaint with the city because you weren't hired, who does that sort of thing? That seems a bit asinine.
Is that the same as complaining about not getting hired due to Affirmative Action?
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Dude... Good luck, should your resume and experiences qualify you for an interview.

You found out about the job and applied.  Good luck.

Beats me why anyone in their right fucking mind would go on a public forum and asks for inside help in getting hired.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

snip

View Quote

Man, with an overactive imagination like that, you must be a stress ball.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top