Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 4:15:27 AM EDT
I've been reading up on CMP/IDPA/USPSA, etc... and trying to find links to sites or clubs in and around the Houston area but they seem kinda few and far between. I have the main organizations sites bookmarked but can't find anything local. You guys know of any? Once I'm finished with all this contract work in the sandbox I thought shooting would be a good thing to get into when I'm home.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about Houston, but I shoot matches in Beaumont.  It is sorta in the area.  I can let you in on their schedule.

First saturday of the month, is 50 x 600.  You can shoot this in either irons, or as F class.  The cost is 15 bucks.

Second saturday of the month is 200 yard mil. rifle match.  50 rounds at 200 yards.  The cost is 5 bucks.  

Third saturday of the month is mil. bolt rifle match.  Same scenario as the above match.  The cost is even the same.  

Fourth saturday of the month is across the course match.  Service rifle or match rifle.  Cost is 15 bucks.  

Tagged for other places to shoot, because I need the practice.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's some links for USPSA/IPSC
Local Houston USPSA Matches

Club infor for IDPA
IDPA Clubs in Texas

I think Impact Zone has an IDPA weekday shoot (Close to Katy area), and 59 Gun Range has an IDPA shoot on Mondays, or Tuesday (cant remember).  I Like 59 Gun Range cuz the times I have shot in USPSA matches everyone was friendly and VERY helpful to new shooters.  Top Gun range (off Richmond/Chimney Rock area) also has an IDPA style shoot during the week (call and find out the day).  

Hope this get you pointed in the right direction  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a new forum for IDPA in TX.  It's also got links to the various clubs and a monthly schedule.

http://www.texasidpa.com/

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Now if I can just get home...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top