[#1]
Anyone down here in the hills of SEOH?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not exactly colocated, but @DimaChado.  He was a groomsman at Jenzilla and I's wedding. Good dude.
View Quote

I'm on the northern end of the -natti.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone down here in the hills of SEOH?
View Quote

I don't live there but spend a lot of time in the Laurelville, McArthur area.
I belong to an dirt bike enduro club there, we had a big event last weekend. Will be camping there this weekend to clean up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Butler county.

I have access to a very nice private range including a 200 yard rifle bay.

You can shoot dynamically, run drills, props, etc.

I also like the fitness side but have been careful lately as I had back surgery about a month or so ago.

I don't want to put out my number yet but I'm down with meeting and going from there.

If you want lets get a headcount and eventually pm a place to meet and go from there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm in Butler county.

I also like the fitness side but have been careful lately as I had back surgery about a month or so ago.

I don't want to put out my number yet but I'm down with meeting and going from there.

If you want lets get a headcount and eventually pm a place to meet and go from there.
View Quote

That sounds like a good time. I’m in West Chester. 7-8 years ago we had a good meet at Willie’s in Mason.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That sounds like a good time. I’m in West Chester. 7-8 years ago we had a good meet at Willie’s in Mason.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in Butler county.

Cool!

So far...

Fuchi

DieselNut

AR_Dale

We can let this run for a bit and then set it up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cool!

So far...

Fuchi

DieselNut
View Quote

I'd be interested in a meet and greet with some shooting.

I'm 45 min north of Lake Bailee, I did a class there last year. Place is different. Private is best.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Did you read that BB is now called or in conjunction with American Pioneer Corps?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/American-Battle-Buddies-American-Pioneer-Corps-Guidelines/5-2291145/?page=1
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did you read that BB is now called or in conjunction with American Pioneer Corps?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/American-Battle-Buddies-American-Pioneer-Corps-Guidelines/5-2291145/?page=1
View Quote

I didn't know that, looks more formal than what I have time for.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Cool!

So far...

Fuchi

DieselNut

AR_Dale

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in Butler county.

That sounds like a good time. I'm in West Chester. 7-8 years ago we had a good meet at Willie's in Mason.

Cool!

So far...

Fuchi

DieselNut

AR_Dale

Loveland area here
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Cool!

So far...

Fuchi

DieselNut

AR_Dale

View Quote

Let's do this before deer season, eh?
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Let's do this before deer season, eh?
View Quote

Bow starts in a week. Not that it matters to me, just saying.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I would be up to meet up with some like minded individuals.  I'm in Maineville and free most weekends.  Miss the old days of hanging with the Miller's crew.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bow starts in a week. Not that it matters to me, just saying.
View Quote

Shit... time flies when you're after squirrels. I'm busy the 3rd too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Cool!

So far...

Fuchi

DieselNut

AR_Dale

View Quote

That sounds awesome; Butler County here as well.

I don't know you, but I've met FritzTKatt and have known Ben for years.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would be up to meet up with some like minded individuals.  I'm in Maineville and free most weekends.  Miss the old days of hanging with the Miller's crew.
View Quote
I'm probably right down the road from you, north of Loveland, south of Maineville, right off of 48.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#19]
And I'm now active on Signal, pretty easy to set up.  But not sure who/how to reach out?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm probably right down the road from you, north of Loveland, south of Maineville, right off of 48.
View Quote

Yes you are, I'm over across from Kroger on 48.  Guess I need to download signal also.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes you are, I'm over across from Kroger on 48.  Guess I need to download signal also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, not far.  I have it installed and installed the desktop version too.  Seems pretty easy, I've read about it for years.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cool, not far.  I have it installed and installed the desktop version too.  Seems pretty easy, I've read about it for years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've downloaded Signal but what do you do next?

Does everyone want to meet somewhere?

Maybe something between Hamilton and Loveland?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Im in Warren county, Springboro area here.

JLE
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!  Lots of restaurants in the Mason area.  Kind of depends on what we are looking to accomplish.  Is everyone on Signal?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes!  Lots of restaurants in the Mason area.  Kind of depends on what we are looking to accomplish.  Is everyone on Signal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've downloaded it but that's about it.

My thoughts are getting outdoors, doing some hiking, some shooting and networking on the format below.

I do think that meeting face to face is important and I'd rather not give out personal info till we met.

This was posted on the first page and was good advice (I thought).

One helpful piece of advice gentlemen.

Nuke the signal group, nuke the email list, nuke the phone number list.

Anybody can just ask to be added and might be there to just data mine. Whether it's lefties or the government. Keep communication to arfcom threads and PMs

One of the BB groups in Southern Virginia had a guy interested, he got all the information, then ghosted. They are still working on who he is and why he wanted the information.

AFTER you've been on several hikes with someone, THEN swap information. Keep that information only to guys that have actually showed up and rucked. Is it possible ANTIFA or the FBI could just go on four 6 mile hikes and then get your info? Yeah, but it's much less likely.

If you have a signal group or phone or email list you're just aggregating information for guys you don't know, with unknown intentions.

You'll find much more guys express interest in going then guys who ACTUALLY show up and ruck.  Less still that will be constantly showing.

Protect your information. I know we're just hiking and exercise isn't illegal, but still. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions about anything

Here is the Battle Buddy/American Pioneer Corps guidelines:

American Battle Buddies Handbook

1.Rules for participation.

a.ABB is an apolitical public service outdoors/scouting organization.  Any person participating with ABB must refrain from engaging in partisan political speech or activity during ABB activities.  This does not, however, restrict discussing legislation which would directly impact ABB activities or the organization as a whole.
b.Participation is limited to persons 18 years of age or older, except persons 16 years of age may participate with their parents notarized written consent.  Individuals aged 13 through 15 may participate only if their parent or legal guardian is physically present during the activity in which the minor wishes to participate. Any commissioned officer of the armed forces, or public notary, may certify a parent’s consent for their minor age 16 or above to participate.
c.No person who has been convicted of a felony may participate in ABB activities without being granted a waiver, with any specific restrictions, in writing from ABB senior leadership.  Senior leadership who may grant such a waiver will consist of a board made up of at least one law enforcement officer or former law enforcement officer, one armed forces commissioned officer or former commissioned officer, and either one ABB civilian rated Leader or Senior Leader or enlisted/former enlisted E-6 or above ABB member. The board will seek advice from an ABB lawyer if necessary when rendering a decision.

2.Battle Buddies Ratings.
a.Ratings are not ranks, they are an indicator of a member having achieved proficiency in certain basic tasks to a given level.

b.Ratings Available to Civilian and Military Members.
-Provisional
-3rd Class
-2nd Class
-1st Class
-Junior Leader
-Leader
-Senior Leader

c. Other Ratings.
-Any member of the organization may choose to adopt the title/rank held during their most recent term of honorable military service.
-Any member who is a medical doctor by profession may choose to adopt the title of “Doctor”, and any member who is an engineer by both degree and profession may select the title “Engineer”.

3.Standards to achieve ratings.

a.Standard Hike Conditions: Minimum 35lbs pack (dry weight, excluding water) and long gun, or 45lbs pack without long gun; covering a minimum of 6 miles while maintaining an average pace of no less than 3mph (including any rest time).  Two witnesses unrelated to the hiker are required.*

*this means no immediate family may act as witnesses ie sibling/parent/spouse.

b.Provisional.
1.In order to achieve a Provisional rating, a prospective member must complete one hike, 3 miles in length, with at least two other persons unrelated to them as witnesses. The prospective member must complete the hike in under an hour while carrying 25lbs (excluding water weight) in a pack, and a long gun.  The prospective member may choose to omit the long gun and instead add an additional 10lbs dry weight to their pack.

c.3rd Class
1.In order to achieve a 3rd Class rating, a Provisional member must;
-Within 90 days of their first hike, complete at least two additional hikes, each covering a minimum of 6 miles while maintaining an average pace of no less than 3mph (including any rest time),
-Have completed cumulatively 18 miles of qualifying hike distance, not including any hikes of a distance less than 3 miles, and
-Complete the above 3rd Class requirements while carrying a minimum 35lbs pack (dry weight, excluding water) and long gun, or 45lbs pack without long gun (Standard Hike Conditions).

d.2nd Class
1.A candidate for 2nd Class must complete one of the following;
a.Complete a Navy Physical Fitness Test based upon the male standard (regardless of the candidate gender) for their age group with a minimum score of “Satisfactory” in each event (or Army or Marine Corps PFT equivalent) or,
b.Complete a NRA or CMP Service Rifle Match (whether firing “in” or “out” of competition due to equipment restrictions) with a minimum score of 70%.
2.The candidate must also complete at least one additional hike of no less than 3 miles, with the same weight and pace requirements above listed as standard hike conditions.

e.1st Class
1.Candidates for 1st Class must complete the second option from the 2nd Class qualification ("a" or "b", whichever was not selected for their 2nd Class qualification), and complete at least one additional hike of 6 miles or more under standard hike conditions.

f.Junior Leader (JL)
1.After having achieved ABB 1st Class, a prospective JL must organize (3) ABB hikes with participation by at least 3 other attendees not related to them.  During each of these hikes at least 3 of the 4 or more participants (including the prospective JL) must complete the hike under standard hike conditions, and

2.Complete accredited Basic Life Support (BLS) and Stop the Bleed medical training, and

3.Obtain a license to operate amateur radio of Technician Class or higher, and

4.Have been an active ABB member of Provisional rank or above for a period of six months.

g.Leader (in progress)

h.Senior Leader (in progress)

Pioneer Corps Skills Test

It is recommended that pioneers achieve proficiency in the following skills.  Be advised that in the near future the standards for specific ratings will likely be revised to include proficiency in the following skills.  Standards for training and evaluation of the below skills to shortly follow.  In the interim, most of the below can be found in the USMC Battle Skills Test.

Basic civil defense skills:
Conduct observation
Defend a position
Describe the use of deadly force
Employ a map and compass to navigate in day and night conditions
Handle detainees
Identify anomalies
Perform actions with a service rifle
Perform immediate action upon contact with the enemy
Perform weapons handling procedures with a service rifle
Search an individual
Stand a sentry post
Visually identify indicators of improvised explosive devices
Communications:
Communicate using hand and arm signals
Operate a VHF radio
Submit a message
First Aid:
Apply a tourniquet
Describe phases of tactical combat casualty care
Treat a cold weather injury
Treat a heat injury
Leadership:
Apply the components of the decision cycle (OODA loop)
Describe combined arms operations
Describe operational security
Describe stresses of emergency response
Describe The Code of Conduct
Describe rights of a prisoner of war/Describe rights of a domestic prisoner
Prepare for combat
Legal Knowledge:
Explain the explicit rights detailed in the Bill of Rights.
Explain explicit rights contained in your state constitution.

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#26]

AFTER you've been on several hikes with someone, THEN swap information. Keep that information only to guys that have actually showed up and rucked. Is it possible ANTIFA or the FBI could just go on four 6 mile hikes and then get your info? Yeah, but it's much less likely.

If you have a signal group or phone or email list you're just aggregating information for guys you don't know, with unknown intentions.

You'll find much more guys express interest in going then guys who ACTUALLY show up and ruck.  Less still that will be constantly showing.
View Quote

In this signal group OP decides who gets in based of your history on ARFcom.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I've been "vetting" those that wish to join by join date/post count, EE feedback and coherent posting. Not much else you can do. We don't talk about anything that we wouldn't here on arfcom.

I'm not terribly worried about it. The fedbois have my ass. They know everything about me, not to flatter myself, but I'm sure they have me on more lists than they don't. Wish they'd let us know what lists we're on, so we can turn it into a pissing contest I'm not on facebook, and I don't really care if some dipshit neo-communists want to play games.

Can we agree on October 10? Somewhere down in-between cincy and dayton. Sorry north guys, we're all down here. I'm passing it off to you SW guys to determine a property or public land to use, since yall are actually on site and know the area. Bonus points if the area is huntable. Think I won't pick off some squirrels along the way.

Hike in the morning, and go to lunch after. Bunp it back a bit if we have a bunch of guys coming from far away so they don't have to leave the house dummy early.

How's the arfcom presence in NKY and SEIN?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Along 75 and in the middle is Caesar Creek and Hueston Woods.

I know Hueston Woods very well.

Caesar Creek not so much.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been to Ceasars creek once, I think 3 years ago for dove.

I checked the DNR site, apparently there is a convenient 3.3mi trail there, the "fifty springs loop".
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've been to Ceasars creek once, I think 3 years ago for dove.

I checked the DNR site, apparently there is a convenient 3.3mi trail there, the "fifty springs loop".
View Quote

I'm down with Caesars and ther date as well.

I've been reading the regulations and it would seem that its ok to carry rifles in a state park.

Especially so if I was carrying my pistol AR 15.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm down with Caesars and ther date as well.

I've been reading the regulations and it would seem that its ok to carry rifles in a state park.

Especially so if I was carrying my pistol AR 15.
View Quote

I wasn't even worried about it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#32]
For those in SW Ohio, I started section hiking the Buckeye Trail each fall a few years back and have started up again.  I have hiked from Caesar's Creek up to Piqua and this year have just started Ceasar's creek going south.

I generally ruck about 8-10 miles early on Sunday morning.  I am not terribly regular but if anyone would like to join me send me a PM and Ill ping you if I go this (or other weekends).
I am currently in Morrow and heading south. By myself I have to double hike it out and back to my car so progress around the trail is slow.

I generally zone out with an audio book or podcast but some good company is fine also

JLE
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Then I suppose you know a good 3mi loop around Ceasars creek.

Looking at Oct 10, 08:30, Ceasars creek.

Check your PMs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like Baddle Buddies aka APC has got a web page and looks pretty interesting.

https://americanpioneercorps.org/
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks like Baddle Buddies aka APC has got a web page and looks pretty interesting.

View Quote

A bit confusing their open statement about the "organization"

. APC is an apolitical public service outdoors/scouting organization. Any person participating with APC must refrain from engaging in partisan political speech or activity during APC activities
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

. APC is an apolitical public service outdoors/scouting organization. Any person participating with APC must refrain from engaging in partisan political speech or activity during APC activities
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Also says this,

Chapters operate largely independently and have widely varying goals and focuses based upon their location and the makeup of their participants.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the group wants to avoid being tied to a President or optics thereof.

That isn't surprising.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Yall should focus more on the networking side of this than worrying about an organization name or mission statement (not to take away from what Ben is doing).

Literally, show up, meet n greet, hike. Easy. Me, I don't care if you're not physically capable of rucking 45lbs. Show up with what you can do. If you're in a wheel chair, be prepared to get turned into a Technical

Let's get a date together for the masses of NE guys. 99% chance I won't be driving 3+ hours to make a hike up there, but you're all grown men. I know y'all came out of the woodwork to shoot machineguns at Kevin's, so figure it out.

@shotar
@drake
@safe1 (who actually has an excuse )
@coyote115
@johnnyscience
@afcarbon15
@greyguy
@engineer
@mcnizzle

@ohio_bill
@sgt_lord
@g-lisch
@webman
@dirkericpitt

Afaik the above are all in the area, to name a few. Sorry if I got your AO wrong.

Also, ETA; good going for Fuchi and AR_Dale this morning. Glad to meet you two. We'll have to work up to it with for sure, but damnit they showed up. We all know I'm no standard of fitness, so it is what it is.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yall should focus more on the networking side of this than worrying about an organization name or mission statement (not to take away from what Ben is doing).

Literally, show up, meet n greet, hike. Easy. Me, I don't care if you're not physically capable of rucking 45lbs. Show up with what you can do. If you're in a wheel chair, be prepared to get turned into a Technical
View Quote

I'm good with this, a man has to know his limitations and at 56 I do. Had a good time this morning.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That isn't surprising.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't surprising.

Although the Michigan group leader put out a video calling Trump a tyrant, and the governor blames Trump, and the media goes along with her
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:26:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We are an IRS recognized 501c3- donations to us are tax deductible. As a 501c3 we cannot legally advocate for a specific political party or advocate- we can only lobby against or for specific pieces of legislation which would affect us and our activities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't surprising.

We are an IRS recognized 501c3- donations to us are tax deductible. As a 501c3 we cannot legally advocate for a specific political party or advocate- we can only lobby against or for specific pieces of legislation which would affect us and our activities.

I figured it was something along those lines. Not a criticism towards the President or APC.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Let's get a date together for the masses of NE guys. 99% chance I won't be driving 3+ hours to make a hike up there, but you're all grown men. I know y'all came out of the woodwork to shoot machineguns at Kevin's, so figure it out.

@shotar
@drake
@coyote115
@johnnyscience
@afcarbon15
@greyguy
@engineer
@mcnizzle

@ohio_bill
@sgt_lord
@g-lisch
@webman
@dirkericpitt

Afaik the above are all in the area, to name a few. Sorry if I got your AO wrong.

Also, ETA; good going for Fuchi and AR_Dale this morning. Glad to meet you two. We'll have to work up to it with for sure, but damnit they showed up. We all know I'm no standard of fitness, so it is what it is.
View Quote

It was good.

That was my first hike in awhile and the first real test of my back after my surgery.

It felt good and I'm gonna do more of the same.

I think I'm gonna make something of a bug out bag in my pack and get the weight up to #35.

I also found out my thin strap on my AR sucks againist my neck and my boots need new inserts.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@shotar
@drake
@coyote115
@johnnyscience
@afcarbon15
@greyguy
@engineer
@mcnizzle

@ohio_bill
@sgt_lord
@g-lisch
@webman
@dirkericpitt

View Quote

NE crew, let’s figure out who’s interested and get some tentative dates arranged for a hike. We can discuss locations once we have a few commitments and try to find someplace convenient. I’m in summit county.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:19:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't surprising.

That would explain things..

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#47]
I'd be in for a NE hike.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm in Summit County and would be into some hiking.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#49]
I am in NEO and would be interested in joining a hike.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#50]
I hike a lot, but its usually to get away from people.  Kinzua, Allegheny, Dolly Sods, etc.
Page / 5
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top