Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 1:04:37 PM EDT
Don't know if you saw this or not on the ammo page.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=166633

Bass Pro has Q3131A for $2.88 a box.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, I just bought 20 boxes at Dunn's in St. Charles at 2.99 a box.
Oh well, I would rather patronize Dunn's, Bass Pro is like the walmart of the sporting goods world.

BTW, that is not meant as an insult, simply meant that wally world carries a bit of everything but doesn't specialize in anything.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, I was looking for a 1911, the pistol that is most often used in shooting sports, and I got told "We don't carry combat weapons.  You probably should go look somewhere else."  Skinny older white guy with no facial hair, and a grey, professional, haircut.  Was really interested when I said I needed 8 cleaning kits, 8 pistol cases, 8 gun rugs, a pistol safe for about 20 pistols, and 4000 rounds of ammo, but I told him that since it was for carry weapons, maybe I should "go look somewhere else."

Prick.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep. Bass Pro, borderline anti's...

Does anyone remember when they sold actual "combat" handguns? I do. I got my first there (Glock 22). Then they went thru a phase and pulled ALL handguns. Then people stopped patronizing, so they put out "hunting" handguns.

When I'm in Spfld., I highly recommend Ozark Shooter's Supply. They are a little high (on most everything), but they do good on trades, and have a very nice selection. Lots of ARs!

For an FFL transfer, check Duren Gunsmithing in Republic. If you find what you want, pay for it (private transaction), and need an FFL to recieve and to do paperwork, NO CHARGE.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Bass Pro is selling the Q3131a, I don't believe that's what Dunn's has in stock but correct me if I'm wrong
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, at 4 p.m., 8-2-03, the price for Q3131a is $3.99 a box. What gives?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:33:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bass Pro is selling the Q3131a, I don't believe that's what Dunn's has in stock but correct me if I'm wrong

Q3131A, says so right on the end of the box.
Hot-lead, were you refering to Dunn's or Bass Pro? Dunn's probably has the old price tag on it along with the sale price. Just tell the clerk and she will take care of it.
Bass Pro is computerized, I have no idea what might be a problem there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I got my share today for $2.88 each.

Pretty good day.  The wife and I walk in, I go grab a basket, and she responds "Why don't you just grab a cart honey?"

Life is good
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#8]
If it wasn't for my young lady who wants me to get a .45 for her, I'd say that you had the best possible woman!

YAY, ANNE!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
WTF?! They had a large display on the end of the aisle where centerfire ammo is, all Winchester stuff. Value packs, and Q3131A. Plainly marked $3.99. Down the aisle, more Q3131A, $3.99. I took a box to the cashier, and he scanned it... $3.99 a box.

Is there a minimum? We are talking Bass Pro in Springfield, right? What gives, guys?! I wanted in on this!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
WTF?! They had a large display on the end of the aisle where centerfire ammo is, all Winchester stuff. Value packs, and Q3131A. Plainly marked $3.99. Down the aisle, more Q3131A, $3.99. I took a box to the cashier, and he scanned it... $3.99 a box.

Is there a minimum? We are talking Bass Pro in Springfield, right? What gives, guys?! I wanted in on this!

Nope, St Charles.

Quote from the other thread:

It also varies by geographical location. The Bass Pro Shop in Houston doesn't have it on sale, but he said it should be in two weeks...

Maybe Springfield is doing it then also. I'm surprised the cashier wasn't more helpful.  Give em a call and ask a manager what's up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Ah,ha! ShakyJake, you have (temporarily) ended my confusion!

BTW, the cashiers up there are not exactly the most knowledgable/helpful. Nothing but headache when I visit there. I just made a special trip to check on the ammo...

Again, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#12]
No problem dude.  But headache or not, I still plan on visiting the home store soon.  From what I've heard, it's too awesome to put into words.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Minor thread hijack.  Got the new catalog in the mail today, but it's the Red Head catalog.  What gives?  Did Morris sell control?  Very strange.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#14]
ShakeyJake, yes, it is worth the trip to see the Original store. I just grew up with it, so it is somewhat blahse.

Be sure to visit the wildlife museum, in the store. Lots of displays. Don't miss the Wonders of Wildlife Museum (seperate building). Great stuff in there, I especially like the Fishing simulators. Oh, and don't forget the "Fine Gun Room"; amazing that someone bought a Parker sxs for $29,000...

Best time to avoid crowds, early (8 or so) Sunday mornings. Hit the store first, as it fills quick. One bit of advice from a crowd-hater, unless you absolutly have to, avoid going during the "Fall Hunting Spectacular", coming up. Shoulder to shoulder thru the whole store, all week.

MissouriBob, B Pro puts out multiple mini-catalogs. Don't sweat it. Ask them to send you a Master Catalog.

Sorry for the hijack, but at least it was about Bass Pro...
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#15]
It is a Master Catalog.  Says Red Head Master Catalog Fall 2003.  Johnny Morris is also listed as the "founder" instead of the owner.  Can't find anything about it on the web though.  Just kind of weird.

edited to add pic:

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#16]
As of 1500L, 05 Aug 2003, They had plenty in stock at $2.89 a box. St. Charles, MO.

I picked up a bunch. Unfortunately i didn't have enough scratch for a case.

They had approx. 3000 rnds sitting on the shelf when i was there.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#17]
MoBob, wierd. I haven't got that one yet. Maybe Redhead forked out the $$$ for something big...

No ideas here.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#18]
St. Chuck was 2.88 a box, thats where I got mine.

On the Redhead name, I think Bass Pro bought the name from what I remember. I think the "old time" Redhead went out of business. Bass Pro just re-badges a bunch of their stuff "Redhead".
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
St. Chuck was 2.88 a box, thats where I got mine.

On the Redhead name, I think Bass Pro bought the name from what I remember. I think the "old time" Redhead went out of business. Bass Pro just re-badges a bunch of their stuff "Redhead".

that's right...my wrong. $2.88.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#20]
The Winchester Q3131A goes on sale for $2.88 at the Springfield, MO BassPro 8/9/03 to 8/17/03.  My brother just got a flyer from them detailing what they have for the upcoming "Fall Hunting Spectacular" sale and that was on it.  
Time for a road trip, I'd say!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top