Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 9:00:11 AM EDT
Stopped by Bass Pro Shop on 119th street today. Didnt spend much time in there, and dont think I will. Its definitely a duck hunters paradise though.

Its a cool store and worth a visit, but in the short time I was there I saw no EBR's of any type. The ammo selection wasnt all that good and I could find any bulk ammo at all. Win white box 9mm was going for 10.99 a box.

Not a bad store by any means and worth a visit if your in the area, but I'll still stick with Cabelas I think.

UPDATE

Well swung by again today. Needed a bullet puller and figured they'd have it.
WRONG.

I spent some time and looked around, outside of the shooting stuff its on par with Cabelas near as I can tell. The animal display isnt nearly what Cabelas is, the fish tank is smaller as well but is nicely done with a waterfall. They do have nice little sitting areas around the store making it feel a bit cozier then Cabelas however.

Then we get to the shooting. I asked a guy if they carry reloading supplies after I couldnt find a simple damned bullet puller.
"Only for shotgun"
Well, I aint reloading for a scatter gun.
Asked if they carried bulk ammo, thinking maybe it was stashed in a corner or something.
"Only for shotgun"

Its a nice store, its a duck hunters wet dream but I'll pass it by every time to go to Cabelas.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Stopped by Bass Pro Shop on 119th street today. Didnt spend much time in there, and dont think I will. Its definitely a duck hunters paradise though.

Its a cool store and worth a visit, but in the short time I was there I saw no EBR's of any type. The ammo selection wasnt all that good and I could find any bulk ammo at all. Win white box 9mm was going for 10.99 a box.

Not a bad store by any means and worth a visit if your in the area, but I'll still stick with Cabelas I think.

I think I even prefer Scheels to Cabelas when it comes to guns and ammo maybe not for other things but when I was in Cabelas they were not that cheap either.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the report.  I was thinking about wasting a day to drive over and check it out but I'll wait until I'm in KC for some other reason.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I even prefer Scheels to Cabelas when it comes to guns and ammo maybe not for other things but when I was in Cabelas they were not that cheap either.

No, Cabelas aint the cheapest game in town but so far they seem to be the best for variety.
Virtually anything I need they have, outside of very specific things like an AR lower or parts kit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the report.  I was thinking about wasting a day to drive over and check it out but I'll wait until I'm in KC for some other reason.

No problem.

It definitely worth going to though. They have a very nice waterfall. All the gun stuff is on the second level right hand side.

But I wouldnt go there expecting to pick up a case of Wolf on the cheap either.

On a side ntoe, they did have Win Q3131 for 5.99 a box. I almost grabbed all of it till I realized it was Q3131 and not Q3131A
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Wait, how did you get the 9mm ammo for 10.99 abox of 100?
I bought the ammo for 11.88-100rounds of 9mm ammo.
If they were 10.99 a box of 100, I got ripped off
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I regularly shop at Bass Pro's main headquarters in Springfield and their Tulsa store. Cabela's in KC has a much better gun / ammo / accessories selection than any Bass Pro I've been to. Cabela's isn't cheap, but they have the widest selection of "on the shelf" gun stuff other than buying via the net. Their prices also seem to be slightly cheaper than Bass Pro.

You KC guys are lucky to have a Cabela's
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#7]
 The name Bass Pro says it all. Even the headquarters store in Springfield doesn't carry anything but hunting guns and ammo. Woud I go to Basspro for guns and ammo? no, but Basspro cannot be beat on fishing tackle, boating assesories or clothing.
I guess its something the Basspro corporate folks feel isn't necessary.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Went there today.  So, who's the ammo whore that bought all the Q3131!!!!

Not me, I didnt grab a box of it.
Q3131 != Q3131A

That said, Cabelas does have some Q3131A in stock. I even went so far as to grab a box and go over to the salesman. I held it up..
"This is a little box of ammo"
"Yes"
"It came in a bigger box of ammo? Do you sell the bigger box of ammo?"
"Nope, thats the only way we sell those"
"Can you order a case of it?"
"No, thats all we have"

Why didnt you swing by on the way by we could have had a beer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I rolled by there on Fri as well, and pretty much agree with the initial report form Spec Op. It is a nice addition to the area with a decent selection of outdoor supplies, but not geared towards the shooter. Cabela's may be pricey, but the vast selection shooting and reloading supplies gets the nudge from me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:Wait, how did you get the 9mm ammo for 10.99 abox of 100?

Box of 100 or a box of 50?  When I was at Cabelas I thought I saw a box of 50 for something like 10.99 but if they were 100 counts then I retract my statement about price.  I buy all my Hydra Shok rounds online but I have not been able to find anywhere that could beat the price per round of Wally World and Scheels but if it is 10.99 per 100 round box then that is pretty good and I might have to make the drive again!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait, how did you get the 9mm ammo for 10.99 abox of 100?

Box of 50.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll go ahead and agree.  Wasted the trip out there today out of sheer boredom, and was disappointed.  Not much there I really enjoyed.  Definitely not geared towards shooters.  Did pick up a couple boxes of .30-30 for $9.99 though, which is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:Box of 50.

Dang man stop wasting your money!!  You can get a 100 round white box of winchsster at Wally word for I about $14 or so now that they raised thier prices or you can get the 50 round boxes at Scheels for $7.99 they raised thiers too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:Box of 50.

Dang man stop wasting your money!!  You can get a 100 round white box of winchsster at Wally word for I about $14 or so now that they raised thier prices or you can get the 50 round boxes at Scheels for $7.99 they raised thiers too.

You can about $15-30 cheaper if you order off Bass Pro Shops website.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:You can about $15-30 cheaper if you order off Bass Pro Shops website.

Interseting  I will have to look, I have looked at Cabela's site and they are still more expensive online but maybe Bass Pro will be cheaper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top