Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2014 11:06:02 AM EDT
i need to get an AK barrel cut, crowned, and threaded. Looking to go from 16 to 14.5 and threaded to 1/2x28. This will be used for a suppressor so I'm looking for reliably concentric threading. Anyone recommend a smith? ADCO won't touch AK barrels. This will be an in the white never mounted barrel.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Theres a member here called Redtazdog that does great work I have used him before,dont know if he does AK stuff but it doesnt hurt to ask.I will try to find his email if you want.He usually hangs out
over in the rimfire section
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Any good gunsmith can do that for you (any other qualified machinist).  Try Delta or JOJO's.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any good gunsmith can do that for you (any other qualified machinist).  Try Delta or JOJO's.
View Quote

+1 this.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i need to get an AK barrel cut, crowned, and threaded. Looking to go from 16 to 14.5 and threaded to 1/2x28. This will be used for a suppressor so I'm looking for reliably concentric threading. Anyone recommend a smith? ADCO won't touch AK barrels. This will be an in the white never mounted barrel.
View Quote

I take it you're going for a Rifle Dynamics type front end with a Venom Gas Block? I believe JoJo's has done this in the past for a friend of mine. If I remember they charged around $125 to cut, crown, and thread the barrel. They also made the treads concentric to the bore so you could use a suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I take it you're going for a Rifle Dynamics type front end with a Venom Gas Block? I believe JoJo's has done this in the past for a friend of mine. If I remember they charged around $125 to cut, crown, and thread the barrel. They also made the treads concentric to the bore so you could use a suppressor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much. I've got an AK105 front end on its way to me and a 74 kit on its way as well, so I'm toying with the idea of building up a 105 clone and a rifle dynamics style rifle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#6]
AK-105 is best AK
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
AK-105 is best AK
View Quote

I am rather excited about that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top