Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2004 12:52:25 PM EST
anyone have a kit to do a AR BARREL in NVA
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:05:25 PM EST
ditto...
dd
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:14:53 PM EST
If only I had a garage or basement where I could set up a lathe...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:41:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:

For your sake I hope it is a garage at ground level. The lthes I have seen for gunsmithing weight at least a ton if not two. I'd hate to carry that down to basement. Unless you have a loading bay there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:13:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:19:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 5:20:12 PM EST by Hoplophile]

Originally Posted By metalrocks:

For your sake I hope it is a garage at ground level.

It's difficult to get a car into a garage on the second floor.

I'd hate to carry that down to basement. Unless you have a loading bay there.

Most houses around here have a back yard that is way below the level of the front yard and have walk-out basements.

As it is, I'm about -that- close to saying to hell with it and putting a lathe in the dining room. It's on the ground floor and it's not like we ever eat there.

Actually, between my desire for large power tools and my wife's desire for a kiln and some other large, messy equipment, I give it a year before we either move into a place that can support our needs or we take a lease on a small piece of business/industrial park.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:45:23 PM EST

For your sake I hope it is a garage at ground level.

It's difficult to get a car into a garage on the second floor.

I'd hate to carry that down to basement. Unless you have a loading bay there.

Most houses around here have a back yard that is way below the level of the front yard and have walk-out basements.

As it is, I'm about -that- close to saying to hell with it and putting a lathe in the dining room. It's on the ground floor and it's not like we ever eat there.

Actually, between my desire for large power tools and my wife's desire for a kiln and some other large, messy equipment, I give it a year before we either move into a place that can support our needs or we take a lease on a small piece of business/industrial park.

Ummmm I could upgrade my FFL to a Type 07 with a industrial park slot
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:00:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:

Leadeth me not into temptation, for I can sure as hell find enough of it on my own.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:54:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:

Leadeth me not into temptation, for I can sure as hell find enough of it on my own.

But Sir,

Me havith my foot in thy door for thy papers, just thy kings crown shall not let thy build ye arms in castle.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:38:32 PM EST

For your sake I hope it is a garage at ground level. The lthes I have seen for gunsmithing weight at least a ton if not two. I'd hate to carry that down to basement. Unless you have a loading bay there.

Been there, done that. It is not fun! Unfortunately, the basement and lathe are in MI. If I come up with anybody locally, I'll post it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:33:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 9:38:31 AM EST by TSC_CO]
We can thread most anything you need threaded, no BS work, no taps or dies. All work done in a lathe. See link for work we have done. Call for pricing, I don't have the time for answering a lot of e-mails. Mike @ TSC CO 804-994-5478 totalsharpc@aol.com
TSC M16Machine
TSC M11 Machine
TSC HK machine
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-11/64578/9mmupperHKG3KB009.jpg

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:16:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 2:17:41 AM EST by gotm4]

Originally Posted By TSC_CO:
We can thread most anything you need threaded, no BS work, no taps or dies. All work done in a lathe. See link for work we have done. Call for pricing, I don't have the time for answering a lot of e-mails. Mike @ TSC CO 804-994-5478 totalsharpc@aol.com

So after your big RANT of Class 1 firearms owners at your at the machine-gun shoot at the Hite Hollow last spring at a public range you're now willing to work on Class 1 firearms ? I thought Class 1 firearms were beneath you. Silly me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:50:44 PM EST
He answered the question of who can do barrel threading and he does excellent work. You don't know what happened that day to piss off Mike, neither do I, but everyone can have an off day and piss and moan. Give him a break.

I know a few people who needs their barrel's threaded and I'm gonna send them down to see Mike even though it isn't really in Nova. He is down near Kings Dominion.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:41:42 PM EST
mike does a very good job at threading barrels, he cut my barrett m82a1 barrel to 18 1/2 inches and threaded it back perfectly, muzzle brake is perfect. JASON IN VA 757 715-4689
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:34:22 AM EST
Top Top