Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 11:32:13 AM EDT
Today Sniperm88 and I went down to Mike @ TSC  and he threaded 2 Bushmaster barrel's for Sniperm88.  I took a few photos, some are good and some blurry but here are a few.  He did an excellent job in a short time.  If anyone is interested here is his #804-994-5478.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
So what is a thread job running?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Give him a call but a standard thread job is 50 dollars.  Might be more if there is a pressed on or welded muzzle brake.   Can't beat 1 day service.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks really nice. Where is the picture with the flash supressor?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I should have taken before and after photos but forgot.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like I'll go down and see him to get my 9mm upper threaded for a plain old suppressor.  The gemtech bilug is like $120 each.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Mike really did nice work.  He also has some nice toys around, you may leave with something you did not intend on doing.  I may have to get that form 1 going for a SBR sooner than planned...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#7]
What is the length of the portion of the barrel that has been turned town and the lengh of the threaded portion?  (e-mail the response, please).

Thanks.

Sarge
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What is the length of the portion of the barrel that has been turned town and the lengh of the threaded portion?  (e-mail the response, please).

Thanks.

Sarge

It was SNIPERm88's barrels.  So I'll ask him to reply back to you with the necessary info.

Btw, reading the other thread about doing threading work makes me almost shake my head.  Yes it is cheaper but when you add in shipping it is almost the same cost.  Oh, not to mention 3 weeks!?!?  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Sarge

It was SNIPERm88's barrels.  So I'll ask him to reply back to you with the necessary info.

Btw, reading the other thread about doing threading work makes me almost shake my head.  Yes it is cheaper but when you add in shipping it is almost the same cost.  Oh, not to mention 3 weeks!?!?  

I have to take exception to this since I started that thread you are referring to, for one the person doing this work was bashing everyone that did not attend a shoot with a select fire weapon at Hite Hollow and constantly has never apologized for the ranting.

As an owner of full auto weapons I feel that TSC showed a very poor approach and has never rescinded his pompous atitude of the incident, to include that a person should never bash anyone’s weapon just because it is not as expensive or form of fire. In other words, TSC needs to rethink his ways about persons attending shoots that do not have a FA weapon since it was a public range and anyone is allowed to shoot whenever it is open, just because he set up the shoot, does not make him the king of the range.

I am not making a penny for helping others in the barrel threading and do not intend on asking or accepting any money for assisting in it, as far as the company doing the work they have been very helpful and have agreed to do the work for labor only. To include that if you 7 care to take over the barrel threading, be my guest.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#10]
He was pissed off becase some yahoo's were coming over and taking his "transferrable" MG's and shooting them without his ok or knowledge.  That is bad manners, not to mention illegal as hell.    For that I can understand being pissed off and his 'rant'.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He was pissed off becase some yahoo's were coming over and taking his "transferrable" MG's and shooting them without his ok or knowledge.  That is bad manners, not to mention illegal as hell.    For that I can understand being pissed off and his 'rant'.

For some reason I missed that part of his post.

Me too! Maybe he ment to include after he didn't include it.

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe he didn't want to talk about that.   Anyway who give a shit.  Back on topic.  This is just another option for people to get their barrel's threaded.   Quick, same day service and you can probably go watch for free.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Me too! Maybe he ment to include after he didn't include it.

Bomber

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Maybe he didn't want to talk about that.   Anyway who give a shit.  Back on topic.  This is just another option for people to get their barrel's threaded.   Quick, same day service and you can probably go watch for free.

You still have not answered my question about why you slammed my post when you had nothing to do with it, nor did you have any barrels done.

So go ahead and shake your head all you want, since the next time you need a Starlight case it will cost you far more than you could ever afford.

Never stick me in the back after I do you a favor.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ok, I see this thread heading down hill fast so I'm going to try to put the brakes on it. Take this post as a friendly warning not to let it go any further down hill please. I don't like having to lock threads, so please play nice.

No problem here
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You still have not answered my question about why you slammed my post when you had nothing to do with it, nor did you have any barrels done.

So go ahead and shake your head all you want, since the next time you need a Starlight case it will cost you far more than you could ever afford.

Never stick me in the back after I do you a favor.

Wow I've been attacked, for what I do not know.  

Lets see, I did not slam your thread in the first place.  I posted something in this thread saying I don't understand why go the 'other' route and wait 3 weeks for a barrel to be threaded.   No harm no foul.  

As far as the case, I thank you again for the price you gave me.  

See you Saturday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top