Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 7:47:45 AM EDT
I first posted in October, and although I've found time to type and post, it is only recently that I've been able to followup on this project.

I have an A4 upper with a Colt Gov't. A2 barrel needing installation.

I have an M16A1 upper with the proper barrel, also needing installation.  (I'm still short a gas tube, bolt carrier, and charging handle, so I won't be shooting it same day, but can install the tube myself).

I don't have anything to attach my vise to and lack the tools to torque the barrels properly - no vise insert/blocks or wrench.  Never done it before.

I am planning on running out to NRA in Fairfax Saturday AM to run a carbine and 1911; it'd be nice to get my A4 running.

To complicate matters, the A4:

1) Has a MATECH rear sight installed, and

2) I may be short the gas tube roll pin.

Other than that, it's ready to run, and I'm eager to test some Wolf/Prvi Partizan M193; you're welcome to help ;)

I live in Alexandria, work in Fairfax.

Can anyone assist?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Figures Robb would be able to help out. He is the jack of all firearm trades. How did you go about getting such a great  job anyways Robb?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
IM received and replied to - thanks!

I'll be back online about 2100 tonight. BT
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Many thanks to GotM4 for your willingness to assist.  Nice to have met you!

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Many thanks to GotM4 for your willingness to assist.  Nice to have met you!

No problem, it was good to meet and shoot with you as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top