Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 10:14:36 AM EDT
How hard is it to change out the barrel on an AR.  I just got a liteweight from bushmaster and would like to replace the 14.5 M4 that is currently on my upper.

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Push out  the push pins and put new barrel on. If you have large screw, unscrew. Very easy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I am wanting to change out the barrel.  I believe you are describing changing out the upper.

For the barrel I think you need barrel wrench and vise and little roll pin punch thingy.

If someone knows there stuff could this be done rather easily??, Like in time to test out at the FOP range in B'ham this weekend???
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:09:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Black adder, are you near Athens in north Alabama? If so get with me, I have the tools and equipment to do this in my shop. Call the shop if you wish and I can help out (256-771-0710).

Tony G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top