Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 7:12:48 AM EDT
OK, who is going? I need some ammo (and jerky ).
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I never even knew about this one  Too bad I'm stuck at work all weekend otherwise I'd look for you there.  Have fun man!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:56:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Yarrr.. was planning on going but I got screwed into working on the 4th.

Tell the boys from R&L that Kienan sends his regards
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, just got back. Eek. There was ONE gun there that I wanted (SVT40 for $425) but someone got to it first. Everything else was either over-priced ($156 for 260rd of Lake City 30.06 ) or a rusted hulk.

Almost every table was priced with suckers in mind.

eta: If I am going to pay retail prices for ammo, I'd rather give my money to Bill at the Powderhorn (where I am going now).
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah man, Bill is a pretty good guy.  His ammo prices are a little high but his gun prices are pretty dam good and hard to beat on some things.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah man, Bill is a pretty good guy.  His ammo prices are a little high...

Yeah. I was shocked when I went in for .30 carbine and found it to be $4.50/box more expensive than online retailers. I don't mind paying 20% more in order to support my local shop, but 50% more?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Ill be going with a few of my rook buddies tomorrow. I dont know how we got approved to go but our PSG is letting us go. If you see a few Norwich Recruits running around say hi!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you see a few Norwich Recruits running around say hi!

You guys weren't maning the United Way food drive box at the Shaws at Berlin Corners today, were you?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Greetings from Maine....

Barre is my home town and I worked at the Barre city auditorium for many years...used to go to every gunshow..and was able to shoot the shit with vendors before and after the doors were open.  Wish I had seen this before today, I would have made a trip home...

If anyone is up in this neck of the woods , look me up and we'll go shooting....

BD
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#9]
It wasnt my company but it was probably another company.

I went to the show, not many good deals but I picked up a few mags for my ar15....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Fellas,

I thought it was a decent show.
Plus one for Powderhorn, though. Fair prices. Great selection.
I base all shows against the Harrisburg, PA shows w/ 1500 tables.
This website allows us to know which prices are for suckers.
The following items were not.
I saw a NIB Beta mag for $200.
There was a Beretta PX4 under $500.
The action was smooth as glass.
(Comparable to my well-worn 92)
They've done a lot of work since the Cougar.
I picked up a Ciener 22 kit w/ spare mag for $200.
I found a used Mil Contract predecessor to the Tasco SS scope for $100.
I had to get it.  It had a side focus instead of the front bell.
I boxed it at 50 yards and was very pleased.
The Mrs. preapproved the items I got as the Christmas tree was meager this year.
We all need to shoot together sometime.

sk

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This website allows us to know which prices are for suckers.

True enough.

Quoted:
The following items were not.
--good deals--

Crap. My problem is that I end up going to look for firearms (C&Rs mostly). I never look for parts, etc because I just assume that I can find them online for a good price. I need to start paying better attention...

Quoted:
We all need to shoot together sometime.

Agreed!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Big time agree with the need to shoot together sometime.  I'm always looking for shooting buddies.  Perhaps we can get something rolling in the spring.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ill be going with a few of my rook buddies tomorrow. I dont know how we got approved to go but our PSG is letting us go. If you see a few Norwich Recruits running around say hi!

Who the hell is your drill?! LoL, shit we couldn't even get walking leave my freshman year and you guys are allowed to go to a gun show? Careful who see's those AR mags, some people here don't appreciate that and will get you in trouble for having gun parts or claim you stole them from the Army department.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I just moved here from NC, and that was the 2nd worse gun show I have ever been to. I didn't see much for deals on anything. I met some guys from IPSC though, which was kinda cool because I have been looking for the comp shooting around here.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I met some guys from IPSC though, which was kinda cool because I have been loking for the comp shoting around here.

I saw their "booth" but I didn't stop because it was packed. Where do they have competitions? I'd love to find out if there are any IDPA matches around.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I got a list from him, but I don't have it on me, I'm at work now. But he did mention they were thinking about starting something up in White River Junction area if they found enough people who were interested. I told him I'd be there as long as I didn't have to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top