Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 1/26/2014 3:28:05 PM EDT
Who all has been?  On a whim I went today and was impressed.  Anyone else taken an SUV through the trails there?  I saw a LOT of purpose built trailered trail rigs out there, but very few actual daily driver type vehicles...is this common?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:11:39 PM EDT
Pic in my avatar was taken there on Twister.  It's one of the few parks I have been to.  Mostly because it is less than an hour for me to get there.  We were up there three weeks ago and had beautiful weather.  I would like to get back up there next month, but I am in need of a new front drive shaft and have a trip to Superlift ORV Park in March.  It seems like the percentage of trailered rigs increases every time I go out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:34:41 PM EDT
I have not been there in a long time but need to get back out soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:51:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2014 6:51:50 PM EDT by pumbaajk]
North of gilmer Barnwell mountain?
Is so, trailered rigs are a dime a dozen. Got the 60k daily drivers pulling the 100k custom rigs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:55:00 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By carsandguns:
I have not been there in a long time but need to get back out soon.
View Quote

Sold my toy. Too far away for me to enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:11:04 PM EDT
My buddy and I took our H1's out there. It was fun. We both have since sold our trucks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:06:48 AM EDT
I go on occasion. My '96 XJ is my DD so I usually don't take it on anything above a 3. It's good fun and the wife enjoys going so its a shared activity with her. Grab a couple of friends all DD's and we spend the day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:25:41 PM EDT
Went a couple of times about 10 years ago. Had a great time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:21:54 PM EDT

my buddy Craig took me out to Barnwell about 8 years ago with the Jeeps of East Texas club.  We were in his purpose built, TJ based crawler.  It was an AWSOME experience, but that was my first trip to a true off-road park so I didn't have much to compare it to.  A few weeks later I took my stock '99 extended cab Z71 out there - was having a blast until I got high-centered just as I was ready to call it a day and drive home.  Came home with LOTS of "Texas Pinstriping" and a big dent in the cab below the pass. back door.    Anyway, I was hooked and I've been trying to build up a rig of my own ever since.  Unfortunately, my firearms habit keeps soaking up what little discretionary funds I have.    

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:38:40 PM EDT
Was out there all weekend with the Land Rover club, almost all of the trucks we take out there are daily drivers. Great place and only about 2 hours from Dallas. It was nice to finally see new bathrooms and showers by the pavilion
Top Top