Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 9:33:55 PM EDT
Is there a such thing? I have family property in the middle of no where near Millersburg MI, and its pretty flat (flat compared to other Back country
spots Ive been too in other states) and was wondering if there is any good backcountry spots with lots of powder and drops within a few hours of there?
Hiking not a problem

Will be going to Quebec for some good back country in January but until then....
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:25:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the state is rather flat.  There are places in the U.P. where there are significant elevation changes but there are too many trees to drop in without looking like this before you get to the bottom ––––––>
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Most of the state is rather flat.  There are places in the U.P. where there are significant elevation changes but there are too many trees to drop in without looking like this before you get to the bottom ––––––>

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:54:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I personally have not been there, but I believe Mount Bohemia in the U.P. has what you're looking for.   Also some of the bigger L.P. places have ungroomed glades runs.... I recommend a helmet...
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I personally have not been there, but I believe Mount Bohemia in the U.P. has what you're looking for.   Also some of the bigger L.P. places have ungroomed glades runs.... I recommend a helmet...

I don't do back country or park without one anyone. Concussions make you rethink the whole "do I look cool" thing

I'll look into it. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top