Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 10:06:49 AM EDT
Well, I'm still single and my family still lives 3000 miles away.  No, this isn't a bid for sympathy, nor a hint that I need an invite anywhere.  I just want to see if there is anybody else in this area who would like to get together on Christmas day.  We could either make it a party or we could go hunting.  I've got access to a 750 acre farm in Rappahannock Co that is crawling with deer (well, at least does) and does will be in season by then.  We can do an all day thing or just the afternoon.

Give me some suggestion guys.  If y'all want to just meet up for a party, or food or anything else, let me know.  Let's have some fun!

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:33:14 AM EDT
Anybody?  I figured 2 weeks would be enough notice.  There's got to be more than 1 single guy here who doesn't have local family on the holidays.  Let's make the best of it and have some fun!  Who knows, maybe this will be the start of a new tradition!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:56:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cliffy109:
Well, I'm still single and my family still lives 3000 miles away.  

you can have my wife and kids........please??  ill pay you.
my wife IS hot, but you know what they say, "marry a beautiful woman....."

just kidding. (sorta)  i would like like to go hunting w/ someday.  the seasons over down here
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2003 2:36:52 PM EDT by themadhatter]
no take my wife and kid and i'll drop them off just let me know when.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:35:55 PM EDT
Cliffy...I am heading to Richmond for the holiday, but am off on the 23rd and 24th.  I'd love to go check out that land with ya.  Does eat just fine.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:48:36 PM EDT
I have too much running around for Christmas day but how about the 26th?

BTW I have been dropping hints to the wife about a FAL..
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:56:20 PM EDT
Well, I'm also off on the 24th, but for a variety of reasons, I was trying to keep the hunt to Christmas day.  If there is enough interest for a Christmas eve hunt but nothing for Christmas day, I'll do it.  The main reason I wanted to avoid that is because when we hunt with several guys, we will run the deer off for a day or two.  That means if we are there on the 24th, I have nohting at all to do in the 25th.  I don't really mind a solitary Christmas in the woods, but I'd prefer to know I have a real shot at seeing a deer.

We'll put a "maybe" on the 24th hunt.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:00:54 AM EDT
I might be able to swing an afternoon hunt Christmas Day.  The wife is going out of town and my son goes to his mom's at some point Christmas Day, so it may just be me that afternoon.  I'll hit you up with more details once we get everything hammered out on the homefront.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:56:08 AM EDT
That sounds great.  Let me know.  

Anybody else going to be free on Christmas afternoon?  If we get 4 or 5 guys, we can have some awesome "pushes" for deer.  It works with 2, but is unbelieveable with 5.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:24:01 AM EDT
Anybody else for a Christmas afternoon hunt?  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:23:52 PM EDT
So far, looking good for me to make it out there for an afternoon hunt.  Question, is it rifle territory or shotgun only?  I'm too lazy to look it up.

I could always bring my dobie to help run some deer.  She's spastic enough to make anything jump and run.  Gotta get her a blaze vest though since she's a red dobie and somewhat looks like a doe herself.  

Can you email me some directions?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:14:56 AM EDT
Its a rifle county.  Its also a bear legal county and while I've never shot a bear on the farm, they have been seen from time to time.  Turkeys are also in now.

The way I've always done the "push", a dog isn't such a great asset if we have more than 2 of us out there.  Half the time, it is the drivers who get the shot but that only works if they are taking it easy in the woods.  

There are two ways to meet up.  Either you can meet me at my house in Woodbridge (right near the PW parkway and Old Bridge) or we can meet in Warrenton at the Sheetz.  Let me know what is best for you and what time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:13:53 PM EDT
Kilt him a bar when he was only three.  Cool deal and sounds like a good time.  

I was joking about bringing my dog.  After the last adventure in the woods, I'd be hard pressed to actually let her run without some serious training.  There's a thread on here from a couple months ago about her getting loose out in Cumberland.

ANyway, I'm down in Richmond, so meeting up at Warrenton would work better for me, but I just saw I got an email, so the rest will go in that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:40:03 AM EDT
Are you still in Brad?  I sent you an e-mail on Friday but haven't heard back.  Its not a big deal if not, but I just need to know.

Is there anybody else who is interested in a hunt on Christmas afternoon?  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:03:02 PM EDT
I'd sure rather be hunting on Christmas day than sitting around my mother-in-laws place bored out of my mind, but if I back out now then I'll probably be a bachelor next December.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:56:10 AM EDT
Alright guys... today is the 23rd and I will not be working on the 24th so this is my last chance to set anything up. If you are interested or think you may be interested, send me an e-mail by 7:00 PM and I'll get you my phone number.

Brad had to cancel. He had a sudden change in plans.  

Just a reminder, if you want to hunt, I've got 750 acres with deer and turkey and the occasional bear. It is a rifle county and is about 20 minutes West of Warrenton. I'm up for an all day or just an afternoon hunt. Pushes are great but if you prefer stand or still hunts, that works well too.

If you don't want to hunt but just want something to do Christmas afternoon or evening, I live in Woodbridge and would be glad to host several folks for some Christmas cheer.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:12:14 AM EDT
How did the Hunt go? Any pics of the quarry?
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:42:16 AM EDT
I don't think it happen
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:58:38 AM EDT
That's correct.  No hunt.  I couldn't find anybody to join me.  I went out for an hour and a half on Christmas eve with my dog and saw a ton of deer.  I didn't shoot anything and I was really just out to have fun with the mut.  I did raise the gun 6 different times and said "bang."  I call it catch and release hunting.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:26:41 PM EDT
Cliffy, so sorry to hear that. I endured being adhered to integrating with the inlaws, oh joy[>Q]
I did try to find a way out but when they come from Hawaii every time I am stuck at home.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:55:44 PM EDT
Cliff, what do you have planned for New Year's day?  I was gonna go to my hunt club, but if you want to do some pushes up here, I could stay around.  

BTW, I shot a monster 15 pointer yesterday at my club..the old timers say it is the biggest deet that they have seen in 25 years...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:30:42 AM EDT
A 15 pointer?  Holy crap!  I'd love to see pics of that.

My dance card is full up for New Years Day.  I think we've already got 6 or 7 guys already.  Thanks though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:06:48 PM EDT
Cliffy,
I will post some pics when I get em back...my digital cam crapped out, so I had to use film.  
I dropped it off at the taxidermist yesterday...he had quoted me 10 months...but when he saw it and I told him I wanted to display it at the outdoors (REDNECK) show in Richmond in August, he said he'd push mine ahead in line a bit.  Couldn't argue with that.
Top Top