Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 7:24:00 PM EDT
I guess real men fire from the shoulderar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=229604
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Just out of curiousity....

What's the obsession with FA all about?  Am I the only one that just isn't impressed by full auto fire at all?

I fired it all in the Army...16, SAW, .50, etc.  Is that why I'm not impressed?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Because its a forbidden fruit here in this state!  Like anything else when you are not allowed to have something you want it that much more!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What's the obsession with FA all about?  Am I the only one that just isn't impressed by full auto fire at all?

I did same in Army and still love em
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Different strokes for different folks.

Ford/Chevy, 9/.45, AR/AK, Semi/FA.

IMO, of course.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Guess so, fair enough.

Variety is the spice of life, but I'm, in a way, glad I don't have any FA toys!  My ammo bill is high enough!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Whew!!!

I sure am glad you reconsidered. I just couldn't live with myself if you didn't think it was OK to shoot MG's.

It is kind of a lame time. Thanks for letting us off the hook on that.

JR
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Same reason some people prefer AR's over  bolt actions....Glocks over 1911's.....Ford's over Chevy's....sheep over inflatable love dolls (oh crap..I gave Rebel13's secrets away again!)....  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Cosmic??

Where were you?

JR
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been allowed to shoot legal full auto on few occasions....  class III is def. requirement next time I move...

was able to keep M14 on target at 40 yds or so w/doubles/triples (only time I've shot w/ the buttplate flipped up)

M4 w/can-no recoil at all, was like spray painting...

what I CAN'T understand, is why someone would want a PISTOL caliber carbine that isn't full-auto and short barreled....  

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what I CAN'T understand, is why someone would want a PISTOL caliber carbine that isn't full-auto and short barreled....  

With the ballistic ineffectiveness of pistol calibers in general, I can't understand at all why someone would even waste their time with a pistol caliber carbine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Cosmic??

Where were you?

JR

Wifey to ER a week ago sat for throwing up every 15 minutes, 2 year old daughter threw up all over me and wifey and our bed Monday night, 4 year old son throwing up all night thursday night, and my turn was all day sat....double barrel, full auto....  Fugured it best to stay at home and not share....although I did manage to lose over 7  pounds in 5 hours.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Same reason some people prefer AR's over  bolt actions....Glocks over 1911's.....Ford's over Chevy's....sheep over inflatable love dolls (oh crap..I gave Rebel13's secrets away again!)....  

Where the hell was you saved you a spot on the line
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With the ballistic ineffectiveness of pistol calibers in general, I can't understand at all why someone would even waste their time with a pistol caliber carbine.

Tell that to my MP5 with a EO Tech at 100 yards
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell that to my MP5 with a EO Tech at 100 yards

?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:09:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like a Thompson? Ask the GI's from WW2 through Vietnam their opiniion on that. I think you will find that .45 ACP is quite effective.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:58:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like a Thompson? Ask the GI's from WW2 through Vietnam their opiniion on that. I think you will find that .45 ACP is quite effective.

News flash.  World War II ended in 1945.  Time to move on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:44:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

News flash.  World War II ended in 1945.  Time to move on.

Yeah patriot, didn't you hear?  The .45 stopped working after 1945, it's practically worthless now.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't know where this myth came from that subguns have suddenly gone obsolete but it's just a myth.  An MP5 is still lighter than an M4 and as accurate out to 100 yards.  Go shorter in that M16 platform on the barrel and the MP5 will have more effective ballistics.  Go larger in the caliber on the subgun and it may be more effective on everything except armoured opponents and I suspect that's where a lot of the myth is coming from.  U.S. military doctrine seems to focus on a simplification of the logistics associated with supply and maintenance (less types of different guns and calibers) and the notion that bad guys will be wearing body armour so the M4 is good enough to fill all roles.  PD's tend to emulate the military's lead as well as society in general, which doesn't have access to SMG's.  Couple that with the fact that no new SMG designs are really being offered for a variety of reasons and that HK can't supply all the demand, especially not as cheap as Colt, BM, and others can pump out M4's and well there you have it.

I've been told by a few that have spend time in Iraq that they often wished for and SMG, as most distances for engagement now are relatively short and controllability along with compactness are much better than with the M4 or M16 on full auto.  Also, there's more than a few "rumours" about U.S. troopers making use of battlefield pickups in Iraq.  

The SMG still has a lot of life in it and will probably be floating around battlefields for some time to come, even if we're not officially using them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:37:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Timm's right again. This thing is totaly useless.

Might as well be a throwing rocks

Before he got kicked out of AIT he used to joke about all the crappy designs that the oldtimers had to put up with before the M16A2.

JR
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Got to shoot a full auto Glock 17 with the WI home town crowd 2 winters ago. Damn that thing was awesome. Easily chewed targets apart at 100yds and was very controllable.

Also have a shot a couple of Krebs full auto toys. Mmmm full auto KTR03.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I don't know where this myth came from that subguns have suddenly gone obsolete but it's just a myth.  An MP5 is still lighter than an M4 and as accurate out to 100 yards.  Go shorter in that M16 platform on the barrel and the MP5 will have more effective ballistics.  Go larger in the caliber on the subgun and it may be more effective on everything except armoured opponents and I suspect that's where a lot of the myth is coming from.  U.S. military doctrine seems to focus on a simplification of the logistics associated with supply and maintenance (less types of different guns and calibers) and the notion that bad guys will be wearing body armour so the M4 is good enough to fill all roles.  PD's tend to emulate the military's lead as well as society in general, which doesn't have access to SMG's.  Couple that with the fact that no new SMG designs are really being offered for a variety of reasons and that HK can't supply all the demand, especially not as cheap as Colt, BM, and others can pump out M4's and well there you have it.

I've been told by a few that have spend time in Iraq that they often wished for and SMG, as most distances for engagement now are relatively short and controllability along with compactness are much better than with the M4 or M16 on full auto.  Also, there's more than a few "rumours" about U.S. troopers making use of battlefield pickups in Iraq.  

The SMG still has a lot of life in it and will probably be floating around battlefields for some time to come, even if we're not officially using them.

Well Said In close I will allways take my MP5 100 yards plus mavbey my g3 na to heavy take one of my 4ARs

Friend on left me on right with my RRAs

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Timm's right again. This thing is totaly useless.

i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/Rotor_/th_827247c4.jpg

Might as well be a throwing rocks

Before he got kicked out of AIT he used to joke about all the crappy designs that the oldtimers had to put up with before the M16A2.

JR

then 9mm must really suck
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#24]

A friend with a friends FA 5906 1 of 15
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Got to shoot a full auto Glock 17 with the WI home town crowd 2 winters ago. Damn that thing was awesome. Easily chewed targets apart at 100yds and was very controllable.

come on up to the next one WE Will ROCK YA just bring much ammo Dem bitches is hungry
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 Over penetration with rifle ammo

2 LE Larger Magazines

3 Less recoil

4 longer sight radius

5 longer barrel better ballistics

6 Choice of caliber 9mm 45acp 357 Mag 44 Mag  Many KIA deers with 44 Mag

7 Some indoor ranges  do not allow rifle ammo

8 Better for surpressed weapons

9 Size and weight

10 yadee yadee yadaa
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#27]
So if the thompson is like throwing rocks
This FA Broom Handle Mauser must be a pea shooter

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:33:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well Said In close I will allways take my MP5 100 yards plus mavbey my g3 na to heavy take one of my 4ARs

Friend on left me on right with my RRAs

i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/hkmp5a2/RRARs.jpg' target='_new'>i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/hkmp5a2/RRARs.jpg

You guys look like a Comedy duo from Gatlinburg or Branson.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

come on up to the next one WE Will ROCK YA just bring much ammo Dem bitches is hungry

Has the snow melted up there yet?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Has the snow melted up there yet?

Ya hey der
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top