Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 6:50:42 PM EDT
A freind of mine just got a BUSHY assault rile, one of those half AK half AR type rifles made back in the day. I always seen these things even during the pre-ban days sell for next to nothing as if they werent worth anything. I read somewhere the receivers crack on them and what not but i got to shoot this thing today and it was a blast. It has all the internals of a AR15, the bolt is a AR bolt but has the AK gas rod instead of the gas tube spitting gas and powder back into the bolt fouling it up. Any one know anything about these, spent any time playin with one, anything of that sort? Why are they so cheap? Im thinkin of gettin me one, it bumps real easy like.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#1]
im not sure i know what your talking about....??  or i could just be dumb.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#2]
i think there under rated, i like them, but then i also like my ar180 i had at the last shot. i think the armlite is a little better built, but the problem is the ar180 mags, they dont use ar mags. i think the ticket will be the new ar180b, that use ar mags once the new version comes out with a folding stock. i also like a deewoo. i feel like the gaspiston upper is a better design. INMHO.

i know CMMG had one at one time the picked up. i dont know if they still have it.  its the only one i have seen up close. i love a gas piston upper.

Ronald
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
belt, I have an old article from (IIRC) 1980 on the Bushmaster. It was in Pistolero Magazine, which is somewhat, shall we say, brutally honest, in the reviews. I would be glad to scan and send you copies, if you like.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:30:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys, hotlead yes i would be interested in that article.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I need you email addy so I can attatch file and send to you. IM me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:32:51 AM EDT
[#7]
E-mail on its way!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top