Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 5:05:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you say John Willey Price? The Dems are in power in Dallas city proper. But I don't know about being worse than Austin.

The burbs are conservitive.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep... I'd have to think about that before calling BS.   They just might be correct.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I won't comment on Austin....but Big D (in the city limits proper) has definitely got a bad liberal stench to it....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Heh.

Arlington is the 14th most conservative city in the nation

I knew I liked it there for a reason!  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I won't comment on Austin....but Big D (in the city limits proper) has definitely got a bad liberal stench to it....

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:24:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Couple of things here.  The margins of victory in Dallas County are a little too close for my liking.  City of Dallas is pretty liberal compared to its neighbors.    Arlington as being the 14th most conservative city in the nation is interesting for a couple of reasons.  The first thing is that Arlington susally has a very small voter turn out.  The swing neighborhood in Arlington is the area west of Cooper and north of I-30.  Arlington's demographics go very much against a conservative voting record.  Arlington has changed drastically since I left for college in the summer of 1990.  I think Arlington has the ability to stay a conservative city, but it needs to figure out how it is going to redevlop east Arlington and address what to do about aging apartment complexes.  Arlington got screwed in 1991-1992 when the city was not made its own congressional district, but removed from Dick Armey's, and the conservative sections were placed under Martin Frost, and the other sections under Joe Barton.  The Dems in the legislature gerrymandered Arlington to keep it from being a Republican seat

P.S.  Done a little reserch on this.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Well......I live in Austin, I've never lived in Dallas, but I do keep up with politics and Austin consistently makes me want to puke.

To make things worse I have gone to UT for the past 5 years, that's like a liberal oasis within the larger liberal oasis of Austin.

I can't say for sure that the city of Dallas isn't worse, but I definately see more pro-Bush stickers on cars driving in Dallas than I do in Austin.

I personally call B.S. on this one, but that's just my opinion. And it's not such a bad thing when these liberal so-called "think tanks" get it wrong.......let the liberals get a big head and think they are taking over Texas, just to be shot down again the next election.

Ahhhh, liberals..........they make me laugh.....and cry sometimes.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top