BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 6:10:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I definetely want to get a suppressor-actually a few suppressors as it does make the shooting experience quite enjoyable. I recently got talked into buying an M203 though and am waiting on the paperwork for that to go through.

$6-$8 every time you pull the trigger-OUCH!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
My AAC Pilot from Polite Society Inc./TTS, rocks! Cheap, quiet, and fun as hell.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...Accountant?  Where are you?

I figured you'd have popped out by now to kick me in the nuts...  You're slacking!

JK

Just busy preparing and delivering tax returns. I will be back to my old tricks on Tuesday. Until then the_reject is filling in for me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Until then the_reject is filling in for me.
Fuck you, man, do your own dirty work.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay this may be a dumb question but what kind of LEGAL steps are involved in buying a suppresor?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm patiently waiting for my Form 4 to be approved so I can pick up my Pilot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Okay this may be a dumb question but what kind of LEGAL steps are involved in buying a suppresor?

AMENDED:
Step one: pay for device and leave it with vendor
Step one point one: fill out form
Step one point two: get two finger print cards made
Step one point three: get local CLEO to sign your form
Step one point four: get passport type photos

Step two: submit a form, photos, fingerprint cards and $200
Step three: wait
Step four: pick up your new suppressor

Where do I get one of these "Forms", where do I get fingerprints? CLEO? get passport type photos? and where do I go to complete step 2. Sorry for the dumb questions but you know how us noobies are.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMENDED:

Where do I get one of these "Forms", where do I get fingerprints? CLEO? get passport type photos? and where do I go to complete step 2. Sorry for the dumb questions but you know how us noobies are.

The vendor (did I mention Polite Society?  <SHAMELESS plug - great service>) has all of the forms, cards, etc...  Call your local LE folks and find out where to go get fingerprinted - my fellas over here did it for free.

CLEO = Chief Law Enforcement Officer...  Call the local LE and tell them you need to get sign-off on a Form 4 and they will tell you who to see.

You can get the photos done at most post offices for $15.

Step 2 is completed by mailing in the form to the address provided.

Thanks for the help man, I always have heard people talking about getting forms for NFA items but I never knew what the process was. I am not really sure what the LEO is like in paulding but I guess it never hurts to give it a try!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMENDED:

The vendor (did I mention Polite Society?  <SHAMELESS plug - great service>) has all of the forms, cards, etc...  Call your local LE folks and find out where to go get fingerprinted - my fellas over here did it for free.

CLEO = Chief Law Enforcement Officer...  Call the local LE and tell them you need to get sign-off on a Form 4 and they will tell you who to see.

You can get the photos done at most post offices for $15.

Step 2 is completed by mailing in the form to the address provided.

Thanks for the help man, I always have heard people talking about getting forms for NFA items but I never knew what the process was. I am not really sure what the LEO is like in paulding but I guess it never hurts to give it a try!

You're kidding right?

I live in Paulding.  This area is KNOWN for its appreciation and support of the right to keep and bear arms.  Have you considered full-auto lately?

<EDIT: if any of you other folks are looking to move any time in the future, I encourage you to consider Paulding.  We wanna be Kennesaw when we grow up.>

Sweet! to bad there are not any good places to go shoot around here (that I know of, only been here for a little while) And yeah full-auto would be great, if you feel like donating to my get KJCA3 a nice M60 fund let me know. Do you ever go to that range in temple? it is the only rifle range I know of around here
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:59:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Kiser, didga know that you can get one 'dealer sample' with your 01 and save the 200 bucks? Unless things have changed recently, I'll follow up this weekend to make sure it's still okay, but I was talking with a local class three a month ago about it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#16]
A suggestion for the wait period- buy another gun that the suppressor can't be used on (so you're not thinking of how cool it'll be when the can comes) and play with it for the couple months. It'll preoccupy you a bit, and when the can finally comes you have one more gun than you already did.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:32:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow.

Thanks for the love.     We make every effort to be the best in customer service.  Unlike most C3 dealers, we make recommendations based on what we've tested ourselves, and can demo many of the best solutions on the market.  

Me, Bookhound, and muddy are doing our best to 'quiet' the GA gang .    Supressors are a lot of fun, and the market has some products that approach Hollywood quiet.   It is also the world's best flash hider.  I heard a story where some go-fast guys were doing a night op, and only the guys with unsuppressed rifles were receiving return fire .  

GAcop: I called NFA Branch yesterday, still no joy.  Please email me the date they cashed your check.    

I say make the time to visit the 4/29 shoot.  You'll be as surprised as we were how good the new stuff is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I can feel the love!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:49:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been sucked into the vortex too.
Y'all will be getting my order VERY soon.

I'm going with the M4-2000 for my AR, .22's ans for my future .17 (10/17?)

My plan is to thread all the barrels and use one adaptor to move the can around.

I was going to wait for the shoot but my ADHD got the better of me

I'll be at the shoot anyhow.

Put one aside for me!

eta:sp
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I see that I need to have a long talk with my troll account.

Excuse me for a minute............take that   and that and that and that and that and finally .

Now I fell much better!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#23]
 Now you guys get me all pumped up about my Pilot, but I think it will be another 2 months before I get the approval back from the ATF.

Polite Society got one of the best customer services, thanks Bookhound and zzxx99 for all the help to get my first can. My next one will be .308 can.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#24]
2 questions guys....What would it take to silence the wifes 5.45 vepr and how long of a wait are we talking about? This could get cool really fast......
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm patiently waiting for my Form 4 to be approved so I can pick up my Pilot.

You have been more than patient.  Allen is still calling NFA branch though.  

PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I CANN"T BE PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!  Book, I need(want) it NOW! How did my paperwork look?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
2 questions guys....What would it take to silence the wifes 5.45 vepr and how long of a wait are we talking about? This could get cool really fast......

I think I got the last AAC Krinkov can they had.  Even one of their employees was unable to get them to make another run.  It's no longer listed in their catalog.  After they get caught up on having all their listed 2006 cans in stock, we -might- be able to get a run of 5.45 cans.  Further, only the Krinkov front sight base fits properly with the can, so you'll probably need to replace it.

I'm not aware of any other manufacturer with a 5.45 AK threaded can, but I'll look around.

As to time frame, for suppressors in stock it's about 30-60 days to get the paperwork back from NFA Branch.

fyi

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top