Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/17/2003 1:46:42 PM EDT
Let me start out by saying that I have always liked Bill Pryor. He has always been friendly and personable when I have had occasion to interact with him personally, and I believe that overall he has been a good Attorney General. In particular (since this IS ar15.com), he has been pro-gun - he wrote an official letter of support for John Ashcroft's 2nd-Amendment-affirming AG's opinion and he has actively worked to assure & publicize our carry reciprocity with other states. I have a few good friends who work in the AG's office, and they think a lot of him.

BUT - I am very conflicted over his role in Roy Moore's ousting from office - especially how his "official" stance completely changed. I realize it was the duty of his office to prosecute the case before JIC - that's not what bothers me. Historically, he had defended Moore, his actions, and his legal standing. But everything changed, and I am not convinced that the timing of said change was coincidental. As soon as he was nominated for the federal bench & it became clear that his confirmation was going to be politically contentious, he seemed to start backpedaling from his prior (no pun ) statements and distancing himself from Moore. His speeches and sound bites the last couple of weeks (rule of law over personal beliefs, etc.) sounded less pertaining to the Moore case than calculated to appease Congressional Democrats regarding his stance on abortion (the very thing that will keep him off the federal bench, in the end). I guess it was really the timing of his 180 that concerned me.

I have mixed feelings about this & I can sort of see both sides of the argument, so I'm honestly asking your opinions: Did he try to sell out (too little, too late, IMO) for the federal appointment or did he really change his mind about Moore, the monument, the Alabama Constitution, et.al.?...

* FWIW & with all due respect, we've already discussed the whole Moore isue at length so let's all be good little Air Marshalls (i.e., avoid highjackings) and keep this one about Pryor, if we can...
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:50:13 PM EDT
For the record, I wouldn't base my opinion of Pryor (or anyone else) solely upon where they fell in the Moore debate, any more than I would categorize any public official based upon a single issue. For example: Fob James vocally & tirelessly defended Moore's position, and I can't stand Fob...
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:05:00 PM EDT
Not too sure about his 2nd stance. I've written him several times asking if I can have an HK93 cut to 53 for trigger pack swapping since Al. does not allow sbr. No answer yet.

I will never vote for him again. I think he sold out to try and get his federal judgeship. Interest of brevity, will not go into reasons he was wrong. Just another politican selling out the people for his own advancement.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:32:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2003 10:40:12 PM EDT by Bign]
I think it is blatantly obvious that he sold out...

I'm sick to death of this "rule of courts" we have these days...

God forbid Pryor upold The Constitution(s)...

Pryor pissed me off a while back when he was envolved in that whole crusade against a woman's right to vibrators... WTF???

Like Alabama aint already got plenty more real problems.

Kinda off the subject, but does anyone in Huntsville ever listen to Darla Jay on AM770??? She hung up on me one day while I was trying to get it into her head that courts don't make laws... Some folks just have no concept of how the government is "suppose to work" according to The Constitution(s)....

Just becasue ol' Pryor may be pro gun, doesn't make him a friend of The Constitution.

The way he and his buddies handled that whole "tribunal" last week was complete BS!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:27:00 PM EDT
I never could get my friends interested in smuggling vibrators from Georgia. I mean, what a great way to meet horny chicks. I think since all my friends are married now, that kinda let the air out of that balloon.

IronFish
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:39:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2003 12:40:16 PM EDT by alaman]
Love this A.G. He says 10 Commandents can be legally displayed but fought Judge Moore. Says Al. will not recognize sexual perverts arrangements as marriages even though Full Faith and Credit Clause of Constitution requires it and knowing his stance will be outlawed by federal courts unless Constitution amended. Guess he is now trying to get back on the good side of those 75% of Alabamians who supported Judge Moore. Wish election was near.
Top Top