Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Where will this shindig take place?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#6]
DAMN already?

The last show was kind of a disappointment - lots of empty tables.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I will not have any empty tables...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
DAMN already?

The last show was kind of a disappointment - lots of empty tables.

YEP -That is why I am skipping this one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#9]
    No Empty Tables....................................................... That means that I will be able to buy a load of beef jerky, find that long lost beanie baby, wear my NBC suite to take a crap......................Sounds like cheap intertainment to me......

WELL..I'm in    
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be there, if I can get some money rounded up.hinking.gif

Anyone here get the North Texas Gun Club invite to the show? What's up with having to attend 9 shows in 06 to be eligible to win their contest?
I guess it's great for all 30 of the guys that can make it to nine shows.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#11]

I'll be there. I like that show, beanie babies and all. There are always several big dealers there and more guns to look at than I ever have time for anyway. In any other town this would be a premier show, but here it's overshadowed by Market Hall (naturally).

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there.  Time to stock up on ammo without paying shipping/tax.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I will go only if Lonestar Wholesale has my 9mm RRA lower for me...............
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#14]
So I'm fairly new to Texas and this show is just about 15 miles from me.

When I lived in California, I didn't see the point in going to gun shows.  But here... hell.

What can I expect to find at this gun show?  One poster made reference to ammunition.  Are we talking about internet pricing available locally?

Are there truly deals to be found on guns?  Or is pricing pretty standard with what you can find on gunbroker or gunsamerica?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#15]
You can find some great deals on guns there, buy from people walking around if you want to.There will be 2 or 3 ammo dealers there also.Some dealers sell cheaper there than in their stores[laws]?
See ya, Wayne.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Be careful of the hordes of rioters/protesters near downtown this weekend.  Traffic will be a mess so go around 635 or something...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there early Sat morning...with my buddy tannerite so if anyone is interested in some just IM me here and we can meet up at the show.

Of course my woman will tag along to buy me some things...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Ill be there
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:34:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'll be there early Sat morning...with my buddy tannerite so if anyone is interested in some just IM me here and we can meet up at the show.

Shouldnt you be a dealer on arfcom by now.........
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:52:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shouldnt you be a dealer on arfcom by now.........

No
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Don't sell it all before the Hun Farm John!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I need to go and pick up some ammo from DRS.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

When I lived in California, I didn't see the point in going to gun shows.  But here... hell.

What can I expect to find at this gun show?

Guns, ammo, jewelry, airsoft, jerky and maybe a radio station.

One poster made reference to ammunition.  Are we talking about internet pricing available locally?

Some of it is pretty close. Dallas Reloading Service sells 1,000 round cans of 5.56 for about $150

Are there truly deals to be found on guns?  Or is pricing pretty standard with what you can find on gunbroker or gunsamerica?

Couldn't tell ya. I don't really check either of those sites.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Blinky- What part of California are you from? I too was a Californian till I came to my senses and got to Texas where I belonged. I'll probably go out to Big Town this weekend if you decide to go.-Keith
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What can I expect to find at this gun show?

Guns, ammo, jewelry, airsoft, jerky and maybe a radio station.

One poster made reference to ammunition.  Are we talking about internet pricing available locally?

Some of it is pretty close. Dallas Reloading Service sells 1,000 round cans of 5.56 for about $150

Couldn't tell ya. I don't really check either of those sites.

Not no more.. it has been jacked up to 170/1k and that is the reason why I do not buy from them anymore. The price is too high for reloads.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Go see SanJohn for reloads, he is to the far right when you walk in. He has reloading supplies but is cheaper then DR and doesnt have any bad rounds in his lots as it was posted previously about DR.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone check out this show?  was it worth going?

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Anyone check out this show?  was it worth going?

I went today, it was actually a pretty decent show, lots of vendors.  All the regulars and a few new ones.  No empty tables and no really wide aisles.

Unfortunately for the vendors, it is also the 6th show in 6 weeks....that combined with the Nascar race, Dallas Auto Show, race riots downtown, and taxes being due.  Sales looked pretty light, except for the snack bar and ammo guys.

mm
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#29]
It looked pretty light going in - got there at 0930. Seemed to be a bit more crowded as the morning progressed, maybe I just hadn't had enough coffee yet....

Thanks John for the Tannerite, hopefully I'll be able to make the Hun farm....

FWIW, SanJohn had some nice looking Lake City .223 for about $17.00/100. Haven't seen the LC in a long time, so I got a bag, looked like he had plenty of that to go around...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

FWIW, SanJohn had some nice looking Lake City .223 for about $17.00/100. Haven't seen the LC in a long time, so I got a bag, looked like he had plenty of that to go around...

I picked up a case of Q3131.

I'm not going to tell you what I paid though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#31]
how was the ammo situation?

did anyone see 7.62 or 5.45x39?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
how was the ammo situation?

did anyone see 7.62 or 5.45x39?

In one word " unfrigginbelieveable !! "

Not a lot there but when the price has doubled in two months that is BS !

I will be sticking with my surplus .308 at a great price plus my reloads.

They can shove all the out of their mind priced stuff for themselves...
I wonder how the ammo price will affect the sale of AKs..I would think it would put a damper on sales.

In the past that was a strong selling point for 762x39 cheap ammo at 60 per 1K  !!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#33]
    Went there Sat and my expectations of cheap entertainment came through.  For me it looks like alot of Mauser and Mosin-nagant shooting for awhile, 4.00 to 5.00 a box for Wolf shit ......Well my 3 poly's and 4 Norinco's can sit in the safe and diddle each other.  I will just have to be conservitive with all my 65.00 a case fuel...............................................All in all the show was very good................

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I didn't make it. I had been to the last 3 or 4 in a row and what I really needed was 5.45. Didn't expect to find any out there. -Keith
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Go see SanJohn for reloads, he is to the far right when you walk in. He has reloading supplies but is cheaper then DR and doesnt have any bad rounds in his lots as it was posted previously about DR.

I know this guy, he supplies brass to DRL.........and the ammo he sells comes from them too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top