Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2004 12:33:57 PM EDT
The title says it all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The title says it all.

Not quite.

Is it the "big show" (i.e., AGCA event) or one of the others ("Great Southern Gun & Knife" etc.)?  I always try to make the AGCA events - don't care much enough for the others to make the trip.

Edited - it sounded harsher than I meant it the first time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry...I have no idea, I just saw a bright green billboard....
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the smaller show - I just found it: greatsoutherngunshow.com/gsgunshow/calendar.php

It's usually a pretty good show, I just don't make the trip up to B'ham unless it's the AGCA show.  When I lived in B'ham, I never missed any of them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#4]
It is the small show.

I will be there working for at least part of the weekend.  Mainly Sat AM and Sun PM
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
i'll be there saturday afternoon
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got the card in the mail today about the gunshow. I think I will go, but I did not like the prices I saw during the last show (the first I had been to since the ban expired) I saw stuff like butler creek 10/22 25 rnd mags for 30-40 bucks....these are 19 bucks at all of the Acadamy sports.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 5:11:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just got the card in the mail today about the gunshow. I think I will go, but I did not like the prices I saw during the last show (the first I had been to since the ban expired) I saw stuff like butler creek 10/22 25 rnd mags for 30-40 bucks....these are 19 bucks at all of the Acadamy sports.

+1 but I may go anyway for the thrills.

James - did you get that grip and sights on your Mak yet?
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I'll probably be there, if you gus see someone with a red 3 point sling on an AR thats me.  Maybe we can have our own darth vader incident
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I'll probably be there, if you gus see someone with a red 3 point sling on an AR thats me.  Maybe we can have our own darth vader incident

Gucci-Tactical!

Link Posted: 12/31/2004 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gucci-Tactical!

"the only 1" webbing you have on hand tactical"
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Is this show any better than the one they usually have in Montgomery or should I wait till they have one here.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#12]
You can bet that the Birmingham tax man will be there to make sure that the new illegal sales tax is collected and paid.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Beetle, I put the Pearce grips on, and it made all the difference in the world, I love em. I also bought some M91`s and a crate of 7.62x54r for two friends for Christmas from AIM we took them to the range and they shoot well. Vary little recoil compared to my 30-06 so Now one for my self maybe at the gunshow.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:11:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You can bet that the Birmingham tax man will be there to make sure that the new illegal sales tax is collected and paid.

Ya, hooray for taxes.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Hokay, One main AR small parts dealer, one other US military guns (M1 etc) dealer.

2 or so commercial ammo dealers, 1 mag dealer, and 2 milsurp dealers.  One has AR mags he is selling in packs of 3 in a mag pouch. Looks like a good deal, but I dont remember the prices( were reasonable IIRC).

I will be there till 1030 or 1100. Ill be wandering around. look for the REALLY tall guy in a bright red shirt that says "CARTBOY" in black letters

No jerky dealer or beanie babies that I saw.

Gotta get to bed, gonna have to be there at 730

See yall there!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Y'all be sure to let us know what we missed...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#17]
If any of you see wolf 55 or 62gr cases (1000) for $90 or cheaper why don't you pick it up for me and I'll hit you back...  

+ if any of you are in the Gardendale area I'll be shooting briefly this afternoon if you care to join.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Y'all be sure to let us know what we missed...

Not a thing.  

I'm not sure why I continue to go to these things.  I can't handle listening to some redneck with a name badge try to convince me that a BSA red dot is the same as an AImpoint and all you're paying for is a name.  

Or better yet, I was looking at an AR10 (Eagle with a POS burris on it) that was $1500.  This poor guy said he had another just like it for $875.  I looked around and didn't see it so I asked him where it was and he pointed to a DPMS AR15 that looked like it had been dragged behind a car going down I-59.  The AR10 even had rust spots in the end of the barrel.

My all-time favorite was watching a vendor handle a handgun and never took his finger off the trigger...where do these guys come from.  I was also disappointed to see a big representation of Airsoft.

And finally...as usual...not a one ACOG to be found.

What a waste of $6.00.  I'd rather have been burning some powder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Well I went to the show today and picked up my first AR15. I got me a Bushmaster
A2 with a 16" barrel. Now I just need to feed it. Also picked up 2 more mags and a
1000 rounds of ammo. his Huntsville. A lot more guns and gear in B'ham.

Otto
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok, If any of you guys going tomorrow need AR mags, there is a guy with lots of milsurp clothing who has 3 USGI mags in pouches for sale. Tell him that Aaron The Cartboy sent you and he said he could do $20 for a set.

just FYI
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#21]
The best thing I saw was an xd for almost 600....the XML drove the price up. I was able to pick up a new charging handle for my explorer II and or AR-7 for 2 bucks.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey did anyone there have Bushmaster lowers for sale?  I am trying to buy one from someone who actually has some.  I have had 2 orders cancelled due to the fact noone has any.  So if anyone up there does have a few I may make the trip.  If I have to I'll go for a stripped lower but I really want a complete lower.

Thanks,
Wes
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well I went to the show today and picked up my first AR15. I got me a Bushmaster
A2 with a 16" barrel. Now I just need to feed it. Also picked up 2 more mags and a
1000 rounds of ammo.

This show was really a whole lot bigger and better than the ones we have here in
Huntsville. A lot more guns and gear in B'ham.

Otto

Congrats on your first AR15, and welcome to the site!

I will be going to the show today with my daughter.  Were there any reloading supplies there?

Balming
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:34:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1000 rounds of ammo. his Huntsville. A lot more guns and gear in B'ham.

Otto

Congrats on your first AR15, and welcome to the site!

I will be going to the show today with my daughter.  Were there any reloading supplies there?

Yes there was reloading supplys there. Brass, bullits, powder, primers, dies ,presses. Good luck hope you find what your looking for.hr
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:07:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Southeastern Guns had a DPMS stripped lower for $130( don't quote me on the price) about a week ago.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:18:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
1000 rounds of ammo.

This show was really a whole lot bigger and better than the ones we have here in
Huntsville. A lot more guns and gear in B'ham.

Otto

Welcome, now come to the FOP range shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top