Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2014 10:06:43 AM EDT
My wife has 2 paper routes, and for the past two days we've been fighting to package those damn BLACK FRIDAY inserts...

The other night we had the unfortunate experience of dealing with two meth-headed foul mouthed scumbags who decided we butt ahead of them in line picking up the inserts at the newspaper.

While dealing with that we had a sick 4 y/o Adirondack 1/2 in his car seat sleeping.... I was so mad I wanted to FO and BLADE 45 Degrees on the two...

Their "Buddy" was ahead of us in the lined up cars waiting to load, and let them butt ahead of him... supposed injustice solved!

Last night we were up til 11:30 banding the inserts for todays paper.... She has to be up by 2:30 AM to pick up at 3....

Well today she's 3/4 thru her route and now I'm getting calls from people bitching that their papers aren't on time!!!! COME ON PEOPLE!

Tip the paper carrier WELL tomorrow folks, you don't know what they have to go thru to get that bigass paper out!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I never see my paper carrier because I only get a sunday times union free from my Adirondack Explore subscription.
I always get the mail lady at christmas because I get a lot of stuff throughout the year.
My parents get the paper people good at christmas because they get a times and the gazette. They live next door so they make up for my lack of paper carrier gifts.

side note
I hate people. They will get their paper in time to buy the Chinese shit from walmart with all the other fat fucks.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#2]
My local paper was always a communist rag, but after they went full retard from Sandy Hook, I cancelled my subscription.  I literally told them to fuck off when they kept calling to get me back.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the internet. Will not be tipping anyone.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
600 /yr for the NY Times.
fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Long time lurker, first post
I work for the News and the only thing people give me and other workers is problems lol.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I work for the News and the only thing people give me and other workers is problems lol.
View Quote

As it should be.

Damn journos.

Just kidding. You're probably a decent human being. Happy Thanksgiving and welcome to the HTF.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, I actually work in a warehouse for them. I don't think I could deal with being a journalist.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought that was a job for young kids?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought that was a job for young kids?
View Quote

It's a job when your husband was out on disability for 6 months, and you're scraping by.....
Thats why she started it, now she'll be done January 1st. She gave them 30 days notice to train her replacement.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which news?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Which news?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which news?

The Buffalo News
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#12]
First job was a paper route at 12 with 70 customers, all walking with the paper bag over the shoulder. Taught me a lot about dealing with people. Great experience though. Still see some of my old customers now and then and they always say hello if they recognize me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top