Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2013 10:31:08 AM EDT
Bolt Carrier Groups $99

Just bought one of these from AIM. Free shipping.

Anyone have experience with their BCGs? Likes, dislikes? Good buy?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The only thing i would be worried about is the bolt not being Carpenter 158. But in all honestly i think it would be just fine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only thing i would be worried about is the bolt not being Carpenter 158. But in all honestly i think it would be just fine.
View Quote

Carpenter 158 is harder 8820 and I know BCM bcgs use it and work quite well.  I don't think its anything to be afraid of at all.

That being said Rainier just had theirs on sale for I think 115 for a Labor Day sale, gotta get on 'em.  There are plenty in stock all over nowadays though so it shouldn't be hard to find one or ten.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
They use 9310 for their bolts, which most vendors rate as an "upgrade"
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Palmetto has cosmetic blem 158 for $99 free shipping ending at midnight.

They allso have a 8620 one for $79.99 free ship ending at midnight.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/bolt-carrier-groups.html
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Palmetto has cosmetic blem 158, mpi, etc etc for $99 free shipping ending at midnight.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/bolt-carrier-groups.html
View Quote

Which is why I would (and did) go with AIM.  Palmetto is becoming famous for the bait and switch.  I'd hate to order the $99 one and end up with an 8620 bolt, which is what their $79 one has.  With AIM, you know you are getting a 9310 bolt, and it is also $99 shipped.  Mine arrived this week, and looks great.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Palmetto has cosmetic blem 158, mpi, etc etc for $99 free shipping ending at midnight.

View Quote

Where exactly does it say the $99.00 BCG is MPI? I can't find it anywhere on the product page or in the description.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where exactly does it say the $99.00 BCG is MPI? I can't find it anywhere on the product page or in the description.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmm my bad.  I must have read it in a different product description.

As for psa involved in "bait and switch", I've never experienced anything of the sort and have had nothing but good transactions with them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As for psa involved in "bait and switch", I've never experienced anything of the sort and have had nothing but good transactions with them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am 1 for 3 on hassle free PSA orders, and there are many people who ordered 7075 buffer tubes only to receive 6061, and more recently "complete" uppers that show up without BCG.  That said, I hear they have a new process of accounting for the packing of orders.  That and their weekend sale led me to make a fourth order, albeit one that would be hard to screw up.  Fingers crossed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top