Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 6:24:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
This happened 2 miles from my house.  I went to hight school at the one that was locked down.  Looks like the SRPD was just itching for some action!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
i guess the cops couldn't use a pair of binos or spotting scope to see it was just a bb gun. another chance for the cops to play army.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Two men shooting pellet guns to scare birds from a vineyard BULLSHIT!!! They were killing birds. Grape growers kill everything that even comes close to their grapes. They can do it legaly with depredation permits too. Its funny a lot of them are anti hunters/guns too.
  I contacted a landowner on a  beautiful piece of land I wanted to hunt,told them I would pay cash or construction work if I could hunt there and harvest one old buck probably every 2 or 3 years. And that it wouldnt hurt the deer population at all.They flipped out on me they hated guns would never do anything to harm their poor deer.Two years later then they found out how much money there is in grapes, they dozed their property till it looked like the moon.Built a high fence,killed every thing that was caught inside the fence.Now all the mexicans there have rifles and shoot everything that even comes close to the fence.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]

"I think they the asshole neighbor with the ability to "spot" a "high-powered sniper rifle" went overboard," said Doughty. "It was pretty severe."

Fixed. Not the cop's fault that they responded to an idiot's call to 911.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]
its nice to Monday Morning Quarterback from the comfort of your desktop or notebook, but as a former SF Bay Area LE Officer, im not sure we can scrutinize them.

imagine yourself responding to the report of a hilltop sniper.  most likely one you can't see.  are you going to just scan the hilltop with binoculars, and, upon seeing just a pellet gun, turn around and clear the scene?

how careless would that have been if that happened, and the cops left, and as soon as they did, the bad guys brought out a Rem 700 PSS .308 and started sniping?  wouldn't you guys be complaining about how they were too "lazy" to go up and find out what was really happening?

for those of you who question the tactics of the SRPD, let's take some roll call here.  how many of you are current or former law enforcement or military, who have had to respond to the call of an active shooter?

im former LE, 7 years, SF Bay Area.  i think they did not overreact.

let's see who else has former or current military/LE credentials?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
its nice to Monday Morning Quarterback from the comfort of your desktop or notebook, but as a former SF Bay Area LE Officer, im not sure we can scrutinize them.

imagine yourself responding to the report of a hilltop sniper.  most likely one you can't see.  are you going to just scan the hilltop with binoculars, and, upon seeing just a pellet gun, turn around and clear the scene?

how careless would that have been if that happened, and the cops left, and as soon as they did, the bad guys brought out a Rem 700 PSS .308 and started sniping?  wouldn't you guys be complaining about how they were too "lazy" to go up and find out what was really happening?

for those of you who question the tactics of the SRPD, let's take some roll call here.  how many of you are current or former law enforcement or military, who have had to respond to the call of an active shooter?

im former LE, 7 years, SF Bay Area.  i think they did not overreact.

let's see who else has former or current military/LE credentials?

They response to the call with the proper action, what if some cop just showed up and got shot by a sniper with a real hi-power rifle, then you can say they did not react with proper force, the caller said sniper with hi-power rifle, why did you just send a street cop in a patorl car??  So this can go either way...  those guys are lucky the cop were well trainned and did not take them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top