Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 1:16:08 PM EDT
Hey fellow ARFCOMERS,

My fun little trailer bbq pit was stolen sometime today (Sun 08/14/2005) from a locked, fenced in residential area down around Bergstrom Airport.  It's a one-of-a-kind pit that started life as a Dilly boat trailer, then went from there.

I'm guessing it will be repainted but there's some pretty specific things worth noting.  They include:

· Texas Plate:  63Y-JTZ  Expires 09/05 and NOW UP FOR RENEWAL
· Dilly Boat Trailer as basis, white in color.
· Welded box steel for tongue/ball mount.  Welded at pivot point.
· Safety Chain welded in place.  Chain is quite rusted and rough.
· 20MM Ammo Can bolted in place at Pivot.  Two Master Locks on box.  Four holes in box and frame to hold box in place.
· 2” ball coupler welded to box steel.  “Remove Before Flight” ribbon on Master Lock.
· New Braunsfels Offset type smoker/grill bolted to angle iron cross members.
· White (basis) grocery store rack welded in place to trailer frame for bottom
· Angle iron ‘feet’ welded to trailer frame, corners rounded.
· Primer (pinkish/red oxide)  over hand sanded white original paint.
· Paint OD #24087 with stencils “45BDEX  145G” and “US ARMY” with Stars.
· New 4.80 tires/wheels.  Original wheels painted white, then OD.  Rim area inside tire is WHITE.
· Dustcaps will have red epoxy primer present.
· Nose jack welded in place (Harbor Freight).
· White/Clear plastic wire loom at pigtail.

If Anyone sees this, please IM me or email at:  scott "AT" m38a1.com with the subject as BBQ PIT

Thanks-

ETA:
Plate is now listed as Stolen Vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you file a report w/ the local authorities?  Does the trailer have a stamped VIN?

Good luck, I hope you get it back.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Any traffic cameras in the area the cops could check to see if they could get a tag # from?  Not likely but worth a try.  I'm in DFW but if I see it I WILL hold the MFers at bay 'till the popo get there.  Sorry there are such asshats in the world!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did you file a report w/ the local authorities?  Does the trailer have a stamped VIN?
quote]

Report filed and pictures provided.  Trailer didn't have a stamped VIN, but since it was built and very well documented start to finish, there's enough pics of welds, holes, building methods and little things only the builder would know to positively ID it.

Time will tell, but I'm not holding my breath...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I posted this info on the Gator Pits forum.  I see that you've found the Texas BBQ Rub forum already.  I'll keep my eyes open at the cookoffs.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this still a hangin' offense in Texas?

I'll get the word out to my uncle and his friends, most of whom do the S. Texas cookoff circuit with him.  I'll also keep my eye out at the assorted and sundry events I attend around the state.

Jake "Get A Rope" [surname withheld]

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I was only going to put some camo paint on it
Sorry for your lose...nice BBQ Pit
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Got family and friends in Austin.  Will forward this link with pics to them.  Hope you find the SOB's
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry about your loss. Hope you get it back.  You have given me a great idea about what to do with my smoker and this old boat trailer I've had for years.  Will keep keep an eye out up this way for it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, that sucks!!!!!   I'll keep my eyes open.  wish you luck and a safe return .  I don't know what I'd do without my pit!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:48:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope you find it, I miss Texas so much since being stationed away from her but things like this make me mad about the liberal laws that have crept into her.  Most likely a career criminal involved knowing he could load it on his way to somewhere else and sell it at a flea market.  It may have been AlQaida and your bbq could become the first Texas IED,  let hope not  I will keep this in my prayers.  
GOD bless Texas

Very Respectfully,
David
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I hope you find it, I miss Texas so much since being stationed away from her but things like this make me mad about the liberal laws that have crept into her.  Most likely a career criminal involved knowing he could load it on his way to somewhere else and sell it at a flea market.  It may have been AlQaida and your bbq could become the first Texas IED,  let hope not  I will keep this in my prayers.  
GOD bless Texas

Very Respectfully,
David

If yer username is any indicator, you should retire, move back, and run for office (or work for change some other way from the inside).

Please?

Oh, and:

TYFYS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top