Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 11:21:00 PM EDT
There is guy named Leon Nowack who runs Centermass firearms in Henderson Nevada. He was selling LEO Colts that  he striped out for parts, to sell uppers and stocks to make $$, and then rebuild with various uppers to sell to public at 1750.00 a piece !! The day before the price was 1350.00. But why gouge one eye when there is two !!! I have been in there before and to top it off he is an arogant EX Army Ranger kind of like the David Schwimer character in Band of Brothers...
who knows everthing.

I know this is not the best place for this but it really ticked me off, I got my LEO's somewhere else. But when I heard this, I wonder who is worse  guys like this or people like Fienstien. None of the rest of the dealers in this county pulled any crap like this.

Everyone should call this guy and thank him for good dealer conduct....

Centermass Firearms  702-558-7890
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats funny, Ive never had a problem with Leon, Ive always found him to be quite honest and very professional. Hes always done right by me in all of my transactions with him. You can say that hes arrogant, but the man has been there and done that.  You might thing hes a know it all, thats because he knows what the fuck hes talking about. I think hes a good guy and will continue to do business with him in the future.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I too have never had a problem with Leon. I've tried to patronize his business at times but he was always sold out of the "good" stuff everytime I stopped by. Leon's shop is a true "mom and pop" place. His wife runs the counter when she is not working (critical care nurse) and his oldest son Victor is taking classes at the Henderson campus and works in the store part-time. I myself have never found Leon to be arrogant, but takes the time to explain things to me.

I hope that one situation doesn't keep you from ever going back. Plus, if you are heading out to the Boulder City range he is the last gunstore you hit before turing on Memorial Drive.

thanks,
Ron

P.S.   Leon lives two houses down from me. I like the guy
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I think its also bad form to smear someones name on an open public forum such as this. I think if you have a problem with Center Mass Firearms, keep it to yourself.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think its also bad form to smear someones name on an open public forum such as this. I think if you have a problem with Center Mass Firearms, keep it to yourself.

Actually, this would be the EXACT place i'd expect a fellow gun owner to post about a potential fraud being performed on the public. Now, I've met him too, and shot with him when he used to do the BC 3 gun matches, and shot the shit with him when i hit up his store.  Prior to Citadel, he had some cool military stuff that others didn't, but like Wolf said, $$$$.

Jacking a price up $400 is one thing--that's capitalism, and you have a choice to buy or not to buy. But cobbling together a gun with unknown parts and passing it off as a Colt is entirely different.

Anyhow, IF it's true, it's not a smear. And IF it's true, i'd damn well like to be made aware of it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have never had a problem with Leon either. He has always been very informative. I dont go there much but he has always been good to me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I've found Leon to be a decent guy. His prices are high and he says he won't do transfers any more so I don't do business with him, but he's always been very polite and straight forward with me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Leon's is OK. He is NOT the cheapest in town but does carry some things the others don't. Living in the Northwest part of town he is a long ways away so I don't visit often.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Locked - Please don't use the site for attacking people or businesses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top