Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 7:09:08 AM EST
Hello all just moved to Prescott from S. Calif. can anyone steer me towards local shooting ranges and clubs if any. also want to be sure before i do, open carry is legal here?
thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:20:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:27:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2004 12:01:38 PM EST by geocon]
Welcome. But, x-nay on the alifornia-k!!! Do not tell people here that you are from Kali. Especially so-kali. Many here have an attitude with kalifornians moving over to AZ. Many like to blame all of Arizona's woe's on us. The last bashing I heard was the lack of rain this season. We got the blame for that one too. I moved here 6 months ago from San Diego. Best move I ever made. I couldn't afford to live in Kali anymore and I hated the politcal atmosphere there. When people ask where your from, tell them your from Texas and they'll welcome you with open arms.
George
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:52:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2004 10:52:34 AM EST by TopCrest]
howdy. hows the weather in prescott doin?

and you do know how to pronouce it, right?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:02:24 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:16:12 PM EST
Lucky bastard!!! Where is So Cal are you from and how does Prescott look? is it like Orange County? San Diego? What?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:50:26 PM EST
Welcome to Arizona leadpoisonr.
Glad you made it out of communist Kali.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:15:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By TopCrest:
howdy. hows the weather in prescott doin?

and you do know how to pronouce it, right?

Presskit
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:17:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:51:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2004 12:52:31 AM EST by glockguy40]
Another liberated soul... they should give our state a medal for all the people we are saving from our Communist neighbor.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:51:12 AM EST
Welcome.
Plan on giving J & G Guns lots of your money.
They're in Prescott on Miller.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:59:52 AM EST
Damn, another Kalifornian in Prescott.

Close the border already!

­

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:12:42 AM EST
Yes, open carry is legal.

But, by doing so, you're gonna ruin it for the rest of us.

Well, that's what some folks will tell ya.

Long story...search the Az section for the thread on AMC theater and you'll get the gist of it. :)

My opinion:

Carry Open, Carry often. :)

TimW
Phoenix
Practical Tactical, LLC
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:09:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:

If they post on this board and they are CA---> AZ transplant. There is a GREAT chance they are on YOUR SIDE! Stop picking on them!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:09:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By DrFrige:

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:

If they post on this board and they are CA---> AZ transplant. There is a GREAT chance they are on YOUR SIDE! Stop picking on them!

Then they need to produce ears from two different liberals that they have removed from Arizona Territory.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:43:39 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:43:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By TREETOP:
I didn't know I was supposed to keep the ears. When battered and fried they remind me of those Calimari rings, I didn't save them.

[Homer] M,mmmmm.....Liberal ears........ [/Homer]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:05:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/15/2004 5:09:13 AM EST by napalm]

Arizona Gun Owner's Guide

Edit to add:

Don't shoot at saguaros. They retaliate.

The Saguaro Strikes Back!

In 1982, roommates David Grundman and James Joseph Suchochi decided pack up the guns and go wandering in the desert two miles north of Arizona 74, just west of Lake Pleasant. One or both of them was struck with the brilliant notion of taking pot shots at saguaro they found growing there. Maybe it was the Devil in them. Maybe it had to do with the eerily manlike shapes these monstrous plants can grow into.

Grundman shot a small saguaro in the trunk so many times that it thudded to the ground. "The first one was easy!" he cried, according to Suchochi. He next chose a specimen which stood 26 feet high and was estimated to be a hundred years old. Before the ringing in his ears had stopped, a four-foot spiny arm, severed by the blast, fell on Grundman, crushing him.

Grundman's demise is chronicled in "Saguaro," a song by the Texas rock band, the Austin Lounge Lizards.

There are other stories in urban lore about Nature's children taking revenge on their human tormentors (the dynamite dog and Gucci kangaroo, for instance), but this is the only one where a plant strikes back. Then again, the saguaro is one very special plant.

Saguaros are tall cactuses that can reach heights of 60 feet and grow only in the Sonoran Desert in the southwestern United States. For the first 75 years of their lives, they have only huge central trunks; their distinctive outstretched and upwards-bent arms develop later, if at all. Their usual lifespan is 150 to 200 years, though some have lived to be 300.

Oh, one other fact about saguaros; they can weigh up to 8 tons. As Grundman found out.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:46:30 PM EST
That ain't no lie!

This photo, which is a popular postcard here in Arizona, was taken about 2 miles from where I live. All you East Mesa Mongrels know where it is. http://www.inet-link.com/downloads/cactusfell.jpg
Top Top