Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/11/2005 6:19:58 PM EDT
The next Tactical Rifle Match will be held at the Carolina Star on August 6. Registration for the match will begin at 0830, with a safety briefing to be held at 0900, and shooting to begin immediately thereafter. The match will consist of three COF's, with a minimum round count of 70. Targets will consist of standard IDPA silhouettes, bowling pins, and steel plates; steel plates and bowling pins will be scored "up or down", and IDPA targets which will require a minimum of two scoring rounds, will be scored per standard procedure. The fee for the match will be $17.

The first COF will be our standard "warm up", but with a little more action. The shooter will engage bowling pins, and steel plates positioned between 30-35 yards while activating two NO-SHOOT bobbing targets and engaging the four IDPA targets behind them.

The second COF will be an engagement drill consisting of three IDPA targets and steel plates placed at 75 yards. The shooter will engage each of the three IDPA targets with a minimum of two rounds, perform a mandatory reload, and re-engage each of the three IDPA targets with a minimum of two rounds. The shooter will then perform a second mandatory reload and transition to the prone position to engage the steel plates.

The third COF will be a Shoot House which will consist of "Lots of Friendly Faces."

Hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 6:40:21 AM EDT
Bump
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:54:57 AM EDT
Bump
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:03:37 PM EDT
Free bump, not that I think any one from outside our area will show. Russell ED and Mark, I quess word is out about the spanking issued by ya'll at the FDCC match last year and at the Fun shoot the last five years. Hell, I am afraid to come now. See ya Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:57:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ScooterP:
Free bump, not that I think any one from outside our area will show. Russell ED and Mark, I quess word is out about the spanking issued by ya'll at the FDCC match last year and at the Fun shoot the last five years. Hell, I am afraid to come now. See ya Saturday.

Hey, nobody told me there'd be spanking at this one! Maybe I need to head east!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:42:43 PM EDT
Match Next Weekend!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:52:41 PM EDT
Doesnt anyone play with guns on Sunday?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:28:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By A-Train:
Doesnt anyone play with guns on Sunday?

There are Sunday matches being held at Pinetucky Gun Club. You can check out www.csrapistol.com for all of the local CSRA venues / matches.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:38:41 PM EDT
Yeah, but only three Sunday's a month, unless it's a 5 week month, then it's four Sunday's a month at Pinetucky.I tried to get a post stickied with last months schedule but it didn't work.

Here's the rundown one mo' time.

1st Sunday IDPA
2cnd Sunday Mouse(SOC) Tactical Rifle/Pistol match
4th Sunday Modified PPC
5th Sunday CMP

The CMP's are kind of up in the air right now though, noone showed up for the one today and it gave me time to get interested in shotgunning. Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:03:06 AM EDT
Sorry about the no show. Got a injured late last week and was scared to do anything till I saw the Doctor today.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:02:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 12:03:32 PM EDT by Bill_Z]
No worries J, I'm just whining. I just hated to spend a bunch of the clubs money on targets and scorecards and have nothing to show for it going back to them, it makes it harder to go to the well the next time.

I did get some cool targets for the next Mouse(SOC) match that I was pleasently surprised they went for and that's one worth making, but we always get a pretty fair turnout for those matches.

I'm playing with the idea of a tactical shotgun match one Saturday evening in October, might even do it the Saturday before the Mouse(SOC), kind of a two day Three gun match. Hmmm, now that's an idea.

Hope everything is well with your visit to the doctor. We do have an IDPA match this Sunday as far as l know. I'll look for you there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:34:37 PM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:27:45 PM EDT
j3_, hope all is well with you!

Hope everyone has fun at the match!!! Scott, you need to skip downrange for me, sice I can't be there...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:12:50 PM EDT
Looking forward to tomorrow. How about some new faces?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:52:49 AM EDT
Been thinking about you guys today! How did the match go?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:34:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2005 10:37:00 AM EDT by j3_]
I was last as usual but had a great time. I think we had around fourteen shooters. I spent most of the first portion praticing clearing jams. Had more unfired rounds on the ground than I sent down range.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:47:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By j3_:
I was last as usual but had a great time. I think we had around fourteen shooters. I spent most of the first portion praticing clearing jams. Had more unfired rounds on the ground than I sent down range.

YOU DID NOT FINISH LAST.....

NEXT to last, but not last..

We had a great time as usual.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:55:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 3:58:24 AM EDT by F15H]
Scores, Photos, any information?

Rabbit9,
You're SLACKING...... OH let me guess.....you're the one who............ "GOT SPANKED"!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:37:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By F15H:
Scores, Photos, any information?

Rabbit9,
You're SLACKING...... OH let me guess.....you're the one who............ "GOT SPANKED"!!!

I can't shoot, you know that.

Our resident photographer was MIA due to work. I think that SCOOP snagged a few pics of the COF's, but that's about it. The scores will be posted at www.csrapistol.com as soon as they are compiled.

When are you going to quit being such a slacker and join us?
You aren't out hearding sheep again are you?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:44:08 PM EDT
He said SHEEP!!
Top Top