Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2009 6:50:56 PM EDT
The wife and I were going into Rio Rathole the other day to visit some friends and I noticed that August Arms is no longer.

Did he finally close his tent forever?

I have known the guy and his dealings for over 17 years and am lucky that I never made a purchase from him.

Did he move his overpriced shit somewhere else, close shop, get sent to the big house or join Jimmy Hoffa?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting!

I met him once at a show in Albuquerque. Not impressed to say the least.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I googled his biz, and it seems that he moved.

I can't believe that he is still operating.  

Must be quite a few dumbasses with too much money out there, willing to get themselves ripped off.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I think he is still selling out of his house. I went to pick up a lower parts kit and was not happy with what he tried to sell me. (rusted w/ missing parts) I do not recommend him.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#4]
It's true.  He moved back into his home sales position.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw them at the last show I went to. Definitely not impressed with his prices.  HIs table looked like shit too, just had guns piled on the table on top of each other and everything.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I saw them at the last show I went to. Definitely not impressed with his prices.  HIs table looked like shit too, just had guns piled on the table on top of each other and everything.

And not a one had all the parts or was clean.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#7]
The movie business and class lll, I believe ,are his stock in trade. We used to be business neighbors.

Chuck
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The movie business and class lll, I believe ,are his stock in trade. We used to be business neighbors.

Chuck

Yeah, I heard he pissed off quite a few of the movie prop people awhile back.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I get along with He and Shirley. Before I dumped my partnership in AC firearms, I talked to Shirley fairly regular. Like I said, we got along. I have no firsthand bad experience.   Chuck
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, his business is being run out of his house now.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#11]
They got broken into about a year or so ago and lost a ton of hardware. Then got audited with some discrpancies coming out.  Atleast that is what I heard from a friend who did a bit of business with him and still uses him for C3 transfers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I was two blocks up the street and we got broken into as well. idiots went for the computer. at a gunshop...lol. all those bank safes paid off!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top