Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/15/2009 5:50:56 PM EST
The wife and I were going into Rio Rathole the other day to visit some friends and I noticed that August Arms is no longer.

Did he finally close his tent forever?

I have known the guy and his dealings for over 17 years and am lucky that I never made a purchase from him.

Did he move his overpriced shit somewhere else, close shop, get sent to the big house or join Jimmy Hoffa?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:05:32 PM EST
Interesting!

I met him once at a show in Albuquerque. Not impressed to say the least.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:24:38 PM EST
I googled his biz, and it seems that he moved.

I can't believe that he is still operating.

Must be quite a few dumbasses with too much money out there, willing to get themselves ripped off.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:10:35 PM EST
I think he is still selling out of his house. I went to pick up a lower parts kit and was not happy with what he tried to sell me. (rusted w/ missing parts) I do not recommend him.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:33:36 AM EST
It's true. He moved back into his home sales position.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:32:10 AM EST
I saw them at the last show I went to. Definitely not impressed with his prices. HIs table looked like shit too, just had guns piled on the table on top of each other and everything.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:50:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By SISUltra:
I saw them at the last show I went to. Definitely not impressed with his prices. HIs table looked like shit too, just had guns piled on the table on top of each other and everything.

And not a one had all the parts or was clean.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:13:18 PM EST
The movie business and class lll, I believe ,are his stock in trade. We used to be business neighbors.

Chuck
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:59:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By Dbllvr:
The movie business and class lll, I believe ,are his stock in trade. We used to be business neighbors.

Chuck

Yeah, I heard he pissed off quite a few of the movie prop people awhile back.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:30:19 PM EST
I get along with He and Shirley. Before I dumped my partnership in AC firearms, I talked to Shirley fairly regular. Like I said, we got along. I have no firsthand bad experience. Chuck
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:56:14 PM EST
Yes, his business is being run out of his house now.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:46:26 PM EST
They got broken into about a year or so ago and lost a ton of hardware. Then got audited with some discrpancies coming out. Atleast that is what I heard from a friend who did a bit of business with him and still uses him for C3 transfers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:32:16 PM EST
I was two blocks up the street and we got broken into as well. idiots went for the computer. at a gunshop...lol. all those bank safes paid off!
Top Top