Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 12:09:59 PM EDT
www.oregonfirearms.org/commentary/aftermath1.html

Long story short: Guy protects a trailer park girl from her abusive boyfriend when she calls him for help, and kills abusive boyfriend in a justified shoot. Cleared of criminal charges. 2.5 years later, the ho, pregnant with the dead BF's baby sues him along with the BF's family in a civil suit and the poor guy is broke as hell.

Anyway... I was wondering, who here has an attorney/lawyer to represent them just in case? And what's their telephone number? Will they charge me for calling them?

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
www.oregonfirearms.org/commentary/aftermath1.html

Long story short: Guy protects a trailer park girl from her abusive boyfriend when she calls him for help, and kills abusive boyfriend in a justified shoot. Cleared of criminal charges. 2.5 years later, the ho, pregnant with the dead BF's baby sues him along with the BF's family in a civil suit and the poor guy is broke as hell.

Anyway... I was wondering, who here has an attorney/lawyer to represent them just in case? And what's their telephone number? Will they charge me for calling them?

Call the WA NRA Rep, they have a list of gun friendly lawyers that can at least point you in the right direction.  Many lawyers will do a basic consult over the phone for free...a Detailed in person consult for some cash.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
So you live in a trailer park and want to make sure your bases are covered?

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
pregnant 2.5 years later?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha, i don't live in a trailer park but happen to live in Tacoma, otherwise known as Tacompton. As of late, our little college has become the target of many unsavory individuals from Hilltop, and one of my friends was mugged and taken hostage... they walked him at knife point to his car before he escaped, and this dude is a lean 200 pound rugby player.

And just to clarify, the girl in the story was pregnant with the asshole BF's at the time and gave birth to it. Of course, a lady of her character and social standing wasn't able to raise it properly so she decided to sue for cash money bling bling.

What I thought was interesting about the story was that I feel the same way that guy did about his friends, but luckily, don't happen to have any trailer park/stripper friends. It never hurts to cover all your bases though, haha
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
First of all I would try to make sure the event even happened, then make sure what they are saying on that website is actually true before I would get too involved.  As a rule I never beleive anything I read on the net without something to colaborate it, especially 1st person naratives without full names.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
^

True, but the situation seems true enough as people have gotten sued in more ridiculous situations before.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
First of all I would try to make sure the event even happened, then make sure what they are saying on that website is actually true before I would get too involved.  As a rule I never beleive anything I read on the net without something to colaborate it, especially 1st person naratives without full names.  

Regardless, It's not a bad idea to know a good firearm friendly lawyer. Just in case.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a good reason not to get too involved in others people's problems.  Domestic violence is a very sticky web, stay out of it if you can.  The guy who shot the BF, at the most, should have called the cops, brought the GF into his home, and then shot the raging BF if he tried to break in get in after them, presumably to do someone in the home harm.  That is a damn clean shoot.  Not a pretty one, but better than a parking lot shooting on neutral ground, where the shooter met up with the BF.

This is also a good reason to get invloved with the NRA's ILA's effort to get "Castle Doctrine" laws passed in every state.  NRA ILA Page on Florida's Castle Doctrine

Read down to the bottom where it states the law will keep someone that uses force to prevent or stop an attack from being sued and forces prosecutors to put their focus back on protecting crime victims.  Good stuff, good law.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is a good reason not to get too involved in others people's problems.  Domestic violence is a very sticky web, stay out of it if you can.  The guy who shot the BF, at the most, should have called the cops, brought the GF into his home, and then shot the raging BF if he tried to break in get in after them, presumably to do someone in the home harm.  That is a damn clean shoot.  Not a pretty one, but better than a parking lot shooting on neutral ground, where the shooter met up with the BF.

BIG +1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top