Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:13:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 8:19:51 AM EST by RomeoBravo]
There is a marched planned for ATL on 04/10/06. It is supposed to be on Buford Hwy. The flyer I saw was written in spanish. It said something to the effect of come out and march to protest immigration reform. Some local (SE GA) hispanics are refering to it as the Million Mexican March. It is going to be @ 9:00 A.M. Just a heads up for those of you in the ATL area.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:56:03 AM EST
It is really going to piss me off if they are carrying Mexican flags like they were in L.A. What happened to American pride? Immigrants used to want to become Americans. Now, it seems like everyone wants America to become something else. I think it's time we take back our country.

Anyone else pissed off?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:16:56 AM EST
Yup.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:31:15 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:01:57 AM EST
It says it will be at the Northeast Plaza Shopping Center.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:09:14 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:15:30 AM EST
You notice these aren't scheduled for a Friday (payday)?

If this is about immigration policies,the wtf does a Mexican flag have to do with it?
That does annoy me.It seems that Mexico thinks they have a right to reclaim the parts of the USofA that we took from them,plus the rest of it that is a lot more productive land than the desert.

As for taking back our country,I am all for it,but I fear most people couldn't take the pressure that will come from it.

There is simply a lot more going on than most people know.
It's sort of like the ports deal with the Arabs.Most people don't have a clue how much this country has become dependant on outside investment.
I dare say that there is almost as much outside control over our economy as there was when were were still colonies of England.
It would be like going on a water only fast to loose weight,most people aren't that dedicated.

But were are paying a price right now for all the cheap Chinese goods we have bought.
Ths Chinese economy is growing so fast,and they are willing to outbid us on oil to keep their factories and products moving.So OPEC can charge what they want.........

So,how can we "save" our country without bankrupting half of it?
The large scale manufacturing base is almost gone as are the machines (sold cheap to China and the employees when the doors closed).The older guys that were running those machines are retiring and the younger people don't want a job getting stinky oil and hot metal chips on them.

The whole economy is now being driven by retail sales and "service industry".

If goods suddenly jump in price because of paying more for raw materials ( steel prices have about doubled in the last two years,mostly because of China buying all they can get at almost any price) and wages,wages need to rise and if in case you weren't working in the seventies,that leads to inflation,which is a vicious cycle.(Anybody remember Gerald Fords' "Whip Inflation Now" catch phrase?).

So I',m all for taking control of this countries borders and economy back,and can sacrifice more than most.
But how many of you can stand for the price of consumer goods to double in 12 months while your paycheck stays almost the same?
Most people can't,and unlike the seventies,most people are paying way to high a percentage of their income on mortgages and car notes.

This is a mess,and it has been building for too many years to simply stop now.I am not suggesting we give up,simply that it will take a lot longer to undo this than it took to get in the spot we're in now.
It's sort of like running up a credit card when the car breaks down or you are out of work for a month.It takes a lot longer to get out of a hole than it took to fall in it.
Sorry if this seems like a rant,and it isn't directed at anyone in particular,more just the frustration that I can't do much about it.I don't even have the option of not buying Chinese made things most of the time,except for my tools I use in the shop.
Like Red Green says,"I'm pulling for you,we're all in this together".
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:00:44 AM EST
So there is going to be a shoot meet on Buford Hwy thrusday?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:01:16 AM EST
JK but damn crap like this pisses me off.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:02:54 AM EST
Excellent points, gamachinist. I wouldn't call your post a "rant." It made perfect sense.

It's shocking what has been happening with the illegal immigrant issue. America is dealing with criminals that are showing their asses and are going to get away with it.

I remember when they used to be all quiet & low-key many years ago. Now there's enough of them here to cause all kinds of problems and they realize no one is going to stop them. We're going to be like France, soon.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:03:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 11:04:11 AM EST by A-Train]
Yeah, I think most of you know where I stand on the Immigration fense (due to my situation). That being said, The morons that are carrying the Mexican flags need to stay at home. I can understand needing immigration reform, but thats about as un-american as shaving your head and puting a schwastica tat on your chest. I hate morons like that, go back to the bario with your mexican flag if thats what you love. Dont come here and make America something that it isnt. I saw some of the pictures on the news of the guys carrying the Mexican Flag and they looked more like the bangers that walked across the boarder with "coke" strapped to their backs not hard working illegals.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting because these morons that are doing this with these flags are only hurting their situation not helping it and giving people something to actualy say bad about them.

Either way, I promise yall you'll never see my wife marching down the street with a Brazilian flag screaming about immigration. Quite the opposite actualy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:05:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By GeorgiaBII:

Hell, why not? We can meet and The Gun Store or David's Gun Room.

-Scott
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:19:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 11:20:08 AM EST by thompsondd]
where are we immigrating toand why do we have to march there?

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:05:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By GeorgiaBII:

Sweet, a group shoot on my day off. Sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:45:56 PM EST
It's not just in ATL, it's nation wide.
I'm flying to Phoenix on Monday and they're estimating over 100,000 will be there.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:09:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By RomeoBravo:
It is really going to piss me off if they are carrying Mexican flags like they were in L.A. What happened to American pride? Immigrants used to want to become Americans. Now, it seems like everyone wants America to become something else. I think it's time we take back our country.

Anyone else pissed off?

+a billion

I used to be all for easy immigration, the free flow of people, stronger international connections, and all that. I thought that anybody who would make the effort to come here would be a gain for us. But then I saw half a million people marching in LA carrying the flag of a different nation. Imagine how fast the S would HTF if that happened in any other time or any other place. They don't want to be Americans, they just want our stuff. Not cool at all.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:36:29 PM EST

Anyone else pissed off?

Unless they are waving the Mexican flag on purpose they aren't doing a good public relations job.

If they all were waving US flags it would be a powerful message that they want to become citizens of the US. It would be hard to condemn them for wanting and valuing what we have.

They don't seem to convey that message, but then again when has the media ever portrayed any situation well. The media will focus on the most violent, insolent and provocative message it can get.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:47:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 1:48:02 PM EST by RomeoBravo]

Originally Posted By PaintItBlack:

Anyone else pissed off?

Unless they are waving the Mexican flag on purpose they aren't doing a good public relations job.

If they all were waving US flags it would be a powerful message that they want to become citizens of the US. It would be hard to condemn them for wanting and valuing what we have.

They don't seem to convey that message, but then again when has the media ever portrayed any situation well. The media will focus on the most violent, insolent and provocative message it can get.

+1 I agree 100%. I wouldn't care if they were carrying U.S. flags. I think it would be great(even though I don't think we should reward the lawbreakers). They would be saying "hey I love this country and I want to be here. This is the flag I will fight for." But, carrying the flag of another nation on U.S. soil says something totally different to me. I see it as a threat/insult to me and my nation.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:24:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By PaintItBlack:

Anyone else pissed off?

+1 I agree 100%. I wouldn't care if they were carrying U.S. flags. I think it would be great(even though I don't think we should reward the lawbreakers). They would be saying "hey I love this country and I want to be here. This is the flag I will fight for." But, carrying the flag of another nation on U.S. soil says something totally different to me. I see it as a threat/insult to me and my nation.

I agree. If they (as in organized protesting illegals) are a "movement" as such they need to select and repeat a consistent and positive message. A mixed message pandering to the various nationalist interests will get them nowhere. If they keep behaving like a mob they will be treated like a mob.

Additionally, it doesn't help that a disproportionate number of illegals are male. That imbalance spills out into the world the rest of us live in and causes a lot of animosity.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:08:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By A-Train:
Yeah, I think most of you know where I stand on the Immigration fense (due to my situation). That being said, The morons that are carrying the Mexican flags need to stay at home. I can understand needing immigration reform, but thats about as un-american as shaving your head and puting a schwastica tat on your chest. I hate morons like that, go back to the bario with your mexican flag if thats what you love. Dont come here and make America something that it isnt. I saw some of the pictures on the news of the guys carrying the Mexican Flag and they looked more like the bangers that walked across the boarder with "coke" strapped to their backs not hard working illegals.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting because these morons that are doing this with these flags are only hurting their situation not helping it and giving people something to actualy say bad about them.

Either way, I promise yall you'll never see my wife marching down the street with a Brazilian flag screaming about immigration. Quite the opposite actualy.

A-Train,
Please dont think I have any animosity toward you or your wife.
Your wife came here for a better life and planned on staying to contribute to out society,just as my ancestors did many generations ago.

Did she come here to get away from the problems of Brazil?
If you are coming here to escape something,then why would you want to make it just like home?

Many northern transplants are here by choice,and the ones that come here and want to blend in make fine neighbors.
But the ones who were transfered here just to keep a job are the ones who complain about everything and want to make it "just like home".
This isn't a problem on this board since so many people from the north that post here are happy to be in a part of the country where they can own firearms with little hassle,and are willing to give up something in exchange for that freedom.

This is a parallel to the people who come here and want to wave Mexican flags.Many come here and want to stay for a better life for them and their children.
I can understand having a Mexican/Brazilian/Cuban/(insert other Latin American culture)/whoever festival on a regular basis,like the Greek festival (and others) that are held in Atlanta annualy.
It is good to have some reminders of your culture.
But to expect to be embraced by your new neighbors,it is best not to demand they accommodate you and your language is a bit much to ask of the people you are trying to blend in with.

If you want it to be just like Mexico,sooner or later it will be:
No jobs and the ones that do pay little to nothing.
Corruption in all forms of government( we are really close on that one already!).
Rampant crime.
Restricted freedom of press,assembly,means of self defense,etc.

I veiw most of the illegals who come here to make money and send it home so they can return there and retire like kings as little better than the carpet baggers of the reconstuction period.
When they first started coming here I understood what they were doing,but that was before I started to see all the negative after efects.

I guess easiest way to slow the tide of illegal workers would be to make it less profitable for the employers to use them.
As much as I hate to see the IRS on anybodys case,it could be easy enough to audit a company that uses an excessive amount of 1099 forms.
(A 1099 form is used to report payment to a subcontractor that you paid for a job or a day hire that wasn't formally hired).
If the employers have to start deducting taxes,they have to pay the extra payment they make on Social Security and unemployment insurance and workmans comp.
The workers would recieve less net pay,making them work for less,or wages would have to rise.
This would make the whole system unattractive to most of the construction industry (and there would be fallout for US citizens since so many construction companies pay cash with 1099 forms)and many other businesses.

I may be way off base with this theory.
And if it was implemented,many things we buy would rise in price,most noticably food and homes,but the trickle down would affect almost anything else because of increased construction costs.
Home builders would either charge more for the cheap houses they throw up now,or make less money.(Which one do you think they will do?)
The increase in prices might burst the real estate "bubble" ( it wouldn't take much imho),which could make life really hard for anyone who had to relocate or refinance.
Many people now are having a hard time selling a house at market value if there are new ones nearby that the builders are discounting heavily to move them.You have to be in a "hot" neighborhood that is built up to make any money on a house that you haven't been in for a while(this is from what I've been told,not personal experience).

So I am at a loss as to handle the whole situation.We have become spoiled in some ways,and in others we can't compete and mantain our current standard of living.

If anyone has a better idea,I'd love to hear it!

(I hope this doesn't ramble too much,I've been interupted abut five times while trying to write it!)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:05:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 6:12:32 AM EST by JS2071]
I've got to jump in here.

How come nobody has mentioned the criminal illegal aliens? These are where we should be focusing on. Do you people realize what is coming across the borders? Children sold in to slavery and prostitution (think 3-10 year olds). Coyotes (guides for people crossing the border) hold families hostage until they get big $ from other family members... What about gangs? There is a gang along the US/Mexico border that will kill somebody and will never think twice about it.... I'm not trying to make you nervous but this crap needs to be stopped. These people could be your neighbors, they could be riding right beside you on I-85, they could be sitting next to you at Burger King...

Of course I realize this is a smaller percentage of the people but I just want people to see the whole picture.

Sorry I can't get rambling. If somebody has the time to read I want you to check out this book. http://www.barbedwireborder.com/ This book was written by a former Border Patrol Agent. This book is fictional but is very close to being true. After reading this, I had a very uneasy feeling in my stomach.

JS2071
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:44:04 AM EST
I didn't read ALL the posts here, but I want to make a point.....

THESE PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST HERE! THEY AREN'T CITIZENS~!

The first amendment is for citizens of this country. If anyone can come here and legally organize a protest, why not let all the convicts out to protest not having PayPer View!

They should be rounded up by force and deported. Tell them if they are found in this country again, they'll be shot on sight.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:34:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kletzenklueffer:

The first amendment is for citizens of this country. If anyone can come here and legally organize a protest, why not let all the convicts out to protest not having PayPer View!

They should be rounded up by force and deported. Tell them if they are found in this country again, they'll be shot on sight.

+1 I am sick and tired of these people not wanting to assimilate into our society. Look at the problems France is having with their Muslim population. They do not want to be a part of the country that they inhabit. This has led to riots and vandalism in the major cities of France. We as a people have done a very good job of assimilating the Muslim population into our society; this is why there are no problems here.

The same cannot be said for the Mexican/Latin American culture. They enter Our country illegally, they work to earn money that they don't pay taxes on, and then they send the money back home. They are not willing to learn the English language, and they feel that they have a right to the freedoms that we hold dear.

First of all, show me where in the Constitution it says that anyone has a right to work. This goes for illegals and unions alike. Secondly, there is a process for gaining citizenship in this country. If you are not willing to follow the rules, you are not worthy of the rights afforded you under the Constitution.

There are instances where the Mexican Army is crossing the border and harassing American Citizens who are making it hard for the illegals to cross. We can't stand for this shit. When the sovereignty of our nation is threatened, there should be hell to pay. I feel sorry for the farmers and landowners along the border. That is where the first shots will be fired.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:36:54 AM EST
www.coxandforkum.com/

From TIA Daily's Robert Tracinski: America's Real 'Assimilation' Dilemma.
tiadaily.com/php-bin/news/showArticle.php?id=1083

I agree that the phenomenon of "political correctness" and the attacks on American history -- most notably, the attempt to portray slavery and racism, not the fight for liberty, as the essence of our history -- are real threats to the process of assimilation. And this paves the way for anti-American leftist groups, like ANSWER, to sponsor pro-immigration rallies at which some illegal immigrants have waved the flags of their home countries -- an odd way to make the case for becoming a citizen of this country.
But the argument about political correctness and multiculturalism is not really an argument against immigration. In fact, it only connects to immigration very incidentally. If the ability of our culture to induct people into the values of our civilization is in doubt, then what happens to 11 million illegal immigrants is a relatively small problem. What we really ought to be worried about is a group of 75 million people who desperately need to be assimilated into America's culture of individualism, taught the essential facts about America's history, and encouraged to appreciate the virtues of our political system.

I am talking about 75 million people who are, you might say, on an automatic track to citizenship, and all of whom will become newly eligible to vote in the next two decades.

I am speaking of the 75 million Americans under the age of 18.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:41:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By gsu2720:

Originally Posted By Kletzenklueffer:

+1 I am sick and tired of these people not wanting to assimilate into our society. Look at the problems France is having with their Muslim population. They do not want to be a part of the country that they inhabit. This has led to riots and vandalism in the major cities of France. We as a people have done a very good job of assimilating the Muslim population into our society; this is why there are no problems here.

The same cannot be said for the Mexican/Latin American culture. They enter Our country illegally, they work to earn money that they don't pay taxes on, and then they send the money back home. They are not willing to learn the English language, and they feel that they have a right to the freedoms that we hold dear.

First of all, show me where in the Constitution it says that anyone has a right to work. This goes for illegals and unions alike. Secondly, there is a process for gaining citizenship in this country. If you are not willing to follow the rules, you are not worthy of the rights afforded you under the Constitution.

There are instances where the Mexican Army is crossing the border and harassing American Citizens who are making it hard for the illegals to cross. We can't stand for this shit. When the sovereignty of our nation is threatened, there should be hell to pay. I feel sorry for the farmers and landowners along the border. That is where the first shots will be fired.

Good point GSU. You should hear the stories of the Mexican army when they are discovered on U.S. soil. Usually they play the "we didn't realize we crossed the border" story. This is if they don't open fire on you. They have been spotted numerous times on US soil. I'm not talking about a foot or two either. They have been seen 20+ miles north of the border. This should be stopped also. Technically they are invading the US and they just get their hand slapped. Of course the Mexican government has no idea that their soldiers are doing anything like this....

JS2071
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:02:18 AM EST
Bottom line here politically is this..

The Dems are getting behind the push, because if these people are given a feww pass to citizenship, they WILL be reminded by the Dems "We helped you, so give us your vote!"

That's 11 million more votes for the socialists.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:05:29 AM EST
BTW, I heard on Boortz at lunch, there is a Russian guy from NYC that is organizing an anti-immigration march. He came through the system as he should have and is worked up that all the 11 million illegals want to protest, so he's organizing his own. Boortz siad he'd link the guys website if the guy sent it to him.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:19:14 AM EST
tiadaily.com/php-bin/news/showArticle.php?id=1083

America's Real "Assimilation" Dilemma

by Robert Tracinski
Apr 06, 2006
Robert Tracinski is the editor of The Intellectual Activist and TIA Daily.
Recently, in response to the string of pro-immigration comments in TIA Daily, a reader wrote me to ask:

1) Does TIA Daily and/or the Objectivist movement support unlimited legal/illegal immigration? Some of my specific questions are:
Is it in the US's interest to import large numbers of Muslims, a people's whose ideology is antithetical to Americans'?

Since most immigrants are not of European stock, is there any advantage to changing the racial/religious composition of the US or should this not be a concern?

To answer: I am in favor of "open immigration." That means: no quotas or limits on the number of immigrants, only screens to block anyone with a criminal record (which would include those with terrorist connections, radical Muslim imams, and anyone else who poses a risk to national security). I think all immigrants should be able to become citizens after living and working here for a number of years, but they should be required to demonstrate a knowledge of the American political system and its basic principles.

Although I wouldn't presume to speak for the Objectivist movement as such, Objectivist intellectuals do seem to be unanimous in taking a pro-immigration stance. I would particularly recommend a thorough defense of immigration by Objectivist philosopher Harry Binswanger. I agree whole-heartedly with its basic philosophical argument:

To forcibly exclude those who seek peacefully to trade value for value with us is a violation of the rights of both parties to such a trade: the rights of the American seller or employer and the rights of the foreign buyer or employee.
Immigration is about the right of an individual to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," which is universal and applies to all men, whether they are born in America or not. And that includes a foreigner's right to come to the United States, to rent or buy a home from an American, and to accept a job from an American employer—his right to pursue "the American dream." If you want to interfere with these voluntary transactions, then the burden is on you to say: what gives you a moral right to do so?

Note that no one in the current anti-immigration movement ever bothers to stop and ask that question.

But I'm not pro-immigration just on theoretical grounds. As Harry Binswanger points out in his article, the moral is the practical. Immigration is not just a moral right, it is a practical benefit. It's good for us.

I've been providing examples of this in TIA Daily, along with some good statistics that refute the slanderous caricature of Mexican immigrants in particular. (Most recently, Larry Kudlow recaps some of these statistics in his latest column.)

The only really interesting practical objection I have heard against immigration is the fear that an influx of immigrants would "change our culture," that these immigrants would fail to become assimilated.

The crudest variation on this is the idea that immigrants would change the racial makeup of America, to which the only legitimate answer is: so what? The glory of America is that it is based on universal ideas—the ideas of individualism and liberty—not on a racial identity.

The less-crude version of this anti-immigration argument is the fear that immigrants would not assimilate into American culture—that is, that they would not accept the ideas that form the essence of America. But this fear is, I believe, ultimately based on the same mistake as the cruder, racial variant: the idea that culture is determined by racial or ethnic background.

I have mentioned recently that I think the anti-immigration hysteria comes partly from a failure of "civilization confidence" on the part of the right. The reason for that, I suspect, is that for conservatives, America is not based on universal ideas; for them, our country is based on tradition, traditional customs, traditional institutions, traditional religious affiliations. This last is crucial: conservatives refuse to acknowledge that this nation was founded on the philosophy of the secular British Enlightenment; they insist that it was founded on Christianity. But people tend to accept whatever religious affiliation they grew up with. It is ingrained in them by tradition. So in this view, an influx of people who come from other cultures dooms us to the watering down of our culture, which cannot really be transferred to anyone who didn't grow up here.

This, incidentally, is a reason why some conservatives (quoted here) are pro-immigration, for the worst reason. They point out, correctly, that Mexican immigrants are all Catholics, then smack their lips with glee at the prospect of all those future anti-abortion voters.

But they're wrong. Evidence indicates that second- and third-generation Latinos tend to become plain old American Catholics, which is to say "cafeteria Catholics," independent-minded Americans who dare to pick and choose which of the church's dogmas they will accept. And Muslims—who have even less power to resist assimilation, because they come in much smaller numbers than Mexicans—will tend to do the same. That's especially true because many of the Muslims who come here (or to Canada) come here to escape religious oppression.

I am reminded of a boast by a European imam, who proclaimed that Muslims would conquer Europe "with the wombs of our women." My answer: you can have the wombs of your women, because we will take the minds of your children. The basic American idea—the freedom of the independent mind and the freedom to pursue one's own happiness—is so appealing and so directly, personally rewarding to those who encounter it, that it is considered a threat everywhere in the world that it reaches. The Muslims, who have arguably the most insular and xenophobic culture on earth, are already complaining that it is stealing their youths in their own homeland. They have even coined a term for this: "Westoxication"—intoxication with the West.

Heck, even the French can't resist the "Anglo-Saxon model."

I agree that the phenomenon of "political correctness" and the attacks on American history—most notably, the attempt to portray slavery and racism, not the fight for liberty, as the essence of our history—are real threats to the process of assimilation. And this paves the way for anti-American leftist groups, like ANSWER, to sponsor pro-immigration rallies at which some illegal immigrants have waved the flags of their home countries—an odd way to make the case for becoming a citizen of this country.

But the argument about political correctness and multiculturalism is not really an argument against immigration. In fact, it only connects to immigration very incidentally. If the ability of our culture to induct people into the values of our civilization is in doubt, then what happens to 11 million illegal immigrants is a relatively small problem. What we really ought to be worried about is a group of 75 million people who desperately need to be assimilated into America's culture of individualism, taught the essential facts about America's history, and encouraged to appreciate the virtues of our political system.

I am talking about 75 million people who are, you might say, on an automatic track to citizenship, and all of whom will become newly eligible to vote in the next two decades.

I am speaking of the 75 million Americans under the age of 18.

One of the key evasions of the anti-immigration crusade is that all of the scrutiny it imposes on immigrants is dropped when looking at native-born Americans (or "native Americans," to re-appropriate a previously mis-appropriated phrase). Thus, for example, Mexican immigrants are blamed (unjustly—see Larry Kudlow's article) for coming here to take advantage of America's welfare state—but equal outrage is rarely summoned for the much larger number of native-born Americans who mooch off the welfare system. Or people intone sanctimoniously that immigrants ought to be expected to comply with all of the Byzantine requirements and onerous expenses imposed by the INS—while native-born Americans are somehow entitled to complain bitterly about strangulating red tape any time they encounter one tenth as much bureaucracy, as we do every April 15 from the IRS.

And so I have to ask: if our culture is so weak that it can't induct immigrants into American culture—how is it going to induct the next generation of native-born Americans, a group at least three to four times as large?

As it happens, I don't think our culture is that weak; if it were, American liberty would have been expunged decades ago, immigrants or no immigrants. But when thinking about the "cultural effect" of immigrants, it's important to remember that it's not about them; it's about us. We have reason to be worried that America is not projecting its best cultural legacy vigorously enough. But that's our fault, not theirs. It's the fault of our high-school teachers, our college professors, our political commentators, our Hollywood screenwriters.

And that problem will be solved by supporting better teachers and better cultural voices—not by driving away the very people who are coming here to enjoy the benefits of a individualistic, freedom-loving society.

Source: TIA Daily -- April 6, 2006

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:12:56 AM EST

Robert Tracinski , TIA Daily wrote:
To answer: I am in favor of "open immigration." That means: no quotas or limits on the number of immigrants, only screens to block anyone with a criminal record (which would include those with terrorist connections, radical Muslim imams, and anyone else who poses a risk to national security). I think all immigrants should be able to become citizens after living and working here for a number of years, but they should be required to demonstrate a knowledge of the American political system and its basic principles.
The glory of America is that it is based on universal ideas—the ideas of individualism and liberty—not on a racial identity.

I guess this author has been asleep a few years. I doubt the majority of illegals come here for "individualism and liberty", but for socialist programs and higher wages to send home. There is no buy-in to the principles which founded this country.

I do agree this nation's youth parallel the socialist ideal, but that's due to Public Edjamakashun.

So let's fix it:

- Employers to pay $10,000 fines per employee that's here illegally.
- Eliminate socialist programs for all, illegal or not.
- Eliminate Public Indoctrination, For The Children!!!!

Now get it wrapped up before dinner, please.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:06:18 PM EST
This was in Neal's Nuze today. This may be a little harsh for some out there, but the truth usually is.

There were 500,000 in Dallas yesterday, as well as New Mexico, Michigan, Alabama, Oregon and California. Today there will be marches for "immigrant rights" across the country. Those who oppose the rule of law will be marching in New York City, Atlanta, Southern California ... .you name it, they'll be out there protesting. Spanish language radio disc jockeys and the rest of the Spanish media will get them into the streets ... guaranteed.

I can hear the arguments now. "Those who oppose the rule of law? What are you talking about, Boortz? These people are just marching for their rights."

Rights? What rights? Tell me, please, just what rights these demonstrators are marching for today? The right to cross our borders illegally? The right to remain in this country illegally? The right to work here illegally? The right to stay here illegally? They have the right to none of these things, though you wouldn't know it from the chanting you'll hear today.

Let's address some of the language being used here. First of all, these aren't "immigrants." They're invaders. This is not immigration. This is an invasion. In Mexican magazines they talk about "re-conquering" cities like Dallas and New York. They are, as Michelle Malkin calls them, "reconquistadors." They write that "With all due respect, Los Angeles is ours." They carry Mexican flags in their protests, and shirts emblazoned with the word "Mexico." Many, if not most, of these people have no desire to really become Americans. They want to take advantage of living in America without assimilating into our society.

The marchers are protesting for legalization of the 11 to 12 million illegal aliens currently in this country and against some of the legislative proposals in Congress. One of the protesters was someone named Reverend Lawton Higgins. He actually said "We've got to get back in touch with the Statue of Liberty. We've got to get back in touch with the civil rights movement, because that's what this is about." Yeah, right. Let's remember that the Statue of Liberty actually welcomes legal immigrants into this country. What we're talking about is the 11 million illegal aliens that jumped the border down South. Just a small difference, don't you think? As for his comments about the civil rights movement...that's an insult. Just when is a criminal protesting the enforcement of the law considered a civil rights struggle? People in this country don't have a "civil right" to stay here.

Today these people will be marching to tell us "Your laws mean nothing to us. We have numbers. Our numbers trump your laws." We don't care about your rule of law. We care about working in your plants, your restaurants, your offices, your fields and on your construction projects so that we can send money back home to our families in Mexico. As soon as we can, we'll bring those families up here, regardless of what your laws say."

What is fueling these protests? One thing: A fear that the laws of this country might actually be enforced. A fear that people might actually be prevented from crossing our borders illegally, and a fear that those who break the law every single day of their lives by just being here might actually have to face the consequences for their illegal actions.

They say that they are not criminals. Sorry, if they're here illegally, they are criminals. They broke the law --- they're criminals. They say they just want to follow the American dream. Fine. There's a way to do that. First, obey the law. Apply for immigration status.

This morning CNN featured one particular story about the Sanchez family in New York City. They're all here illegally, but they've been here for many years. When CNN interviewed Sr. Sanchez he spoke in Spanish. Here for more than five years, and still can't handle the language. Why not? Because it's not about becoming an American. It's about bring Mexico TO America.

The Republicans will do nothing because of the power of the business interests who profit from the cheap(er) labor. The Democrats will do nothing because they see millions of Hispanic votes on the horizon. There's a movement in NYC right now to allow illegal aliens to vote in local elections.

This is an invasion, and it's serious. Mexicans talk about conquering American cities, Americans talk about "undocumented workers." In the meantime, we can't even get our government to control our borders. You can rest assured that the signal sent by our congress last week --- the signal that they're going to do nothing about illegal crossings of our border --- has resonated in Mexico. My guess is that the borders are in full flow right now ... popular crossings look like the entrance to Disney World.

Just keep ignoring this. Maybe you'll start paying attention when these illegal aliens start rioting for political and economic advantage.

By the way .... news today that Saudi Arabia is planning to build a 500+ mile fence along the entire Iraqi border. We could learn something from the Saudis.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:46:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 5:47:28 PM EST by BuckeyeSam]
You know its a shame, we let the $$$$%## illegals demonstrate in mass and we as Americans sit on our fat ass's and let them. Why can't we get out and demonstrate to let our piss poor gobberment know how we stand. No thats to much trouble for us poor Americans to get out and voice our opinions. The gobberment does not want to listen to us, they want to listen to the poor little ILLEGAL ALIENS saying we have rights just like us legal American citizens who work hard and pay our taxes. We just sit on our ass and let everyone run over us. If there are counter demonstrations going on why do we not here about it so that we can join in. When and where. Na, we are too lazy to get out there and do that. Just like we are too lazy to get out and vote.

Yea I am pissed. So should everyone else be. Now dont get me wrong. I am for imigration if its done legally and you pay your taxes. I think I will stop ranting now. TOO PISSED TO THINK STRAIGHT AND MAKE ANY SINCE. Sorry for the spelling.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:35:00 PM EST
It's because I can email my representatives and let them know how I feel and reaffirm their position as MY representatives. It works. Calling them on the phone is good too. Chambliss did a good interview today. I think his position has changed because I thought he was for the guest worker program. I think he has heard from a LOT of VOTERS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chambliss: Protests a reminder for tougher border security

By GREG BLUESTEIN
Associated Press Writer

ATLANTA (AP) -- Sen. Saxby Chambliss said Monday's widespread immigration demonstrations send two messages: America is the only nation tolerant enough to allow illegal residents to publicly protest policy, and Congress must toughen border security.

"Whatever type of reform package we come out with, we've got to secure the borders of this country," he told the Associated Press Monday.

Chambliss, R-Georgia, has carved out a niche for himself with federal immigration policy, even if it has meant bickering within his own Republican party.

He argues that Congress should back legislation that would create a temporary worker program to keep farms running without giving undocumented workers a leg up to becoming citizens.

Advertisement

ZIP code where you park at night:

Do you currently have auto insurance? Yes No

Have you had a U.S. driver's license for more than 3 years? Yes No

Has any driver in your household had 2 or more accidents or moving violations in the last 3 years?
Yes No

"Whether you're here five years or one year, if you're here illegally you need to be put in a category that does not give you a direct pathway to citizenship," he said.

Chambliss' policy stance has caused friction with some of his GOP colleagues who had supported a landmark bill that would offer eventual citizenship to millions of illegal immigrants.

Although that bill fell victim last week to internal disputes in both parties, Chambliss expects a similar measure to re-emerge later this year.

When it does, he said, he wants lawmakers to consider his proposal to require illegal immigrants to return to their home countries after two years and return to the U.S. legally.

"There are also a lot of folks who have not come for the right reasons and who have come here for the right intentions but they aren't employed. They're a burden on the system," he said. "And whatever immigration reform package we come up with, we've got to deal with these folks."

The nation's Republican leaders have made changing immigration a top priority, prompting thousands of immigrants to crowd the streets of cities across the country to show the impact of the Latino community. In Atlanta on Monday, an estimated 50,000 demonstrators waved flags and marched, holding signs that read: "Americans said 'Land of the Free.' Show us!"

Chambliss said his proposal would overhaul the federal government's certification system for temporary or seasonal agricultural laborers, which he said has become far too cumbersome.

Instead, he said, the department should require documents with high-tech identifiers. And he said the immigrants' employers should have to verify the work authorization of all domestic workers.

That way, he said, the system would be more "farmer-friendly" while insuring a steady flow of workers.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:36:49 PM EST
Here is Senator Chambliss' reply to an email I sent him:

--------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. rjay:

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on
immigration and securing our borders. It is good to hear from you
on this important issue.

The immigration problem in our country is getting more
and more out of control and must be solved. To address this
problem we must secure our borders and establish a
comprehensive measure to deal with the illegal immigrants
currently in our country without providing amnesty.

The Department of Labor estimates there are between 8 and
13 million illegal immigrants in our country. The fact that the
Department's estimate reflects an uncertainty of 5 million people is
evidence of the size of the illegal immigration problem our country
is facing. During my eleven-year tenure in both the House and
Senate, I have focused much of my attention on the issue of
immigration. During the 108th Congress, as the Chairman of the
Senate Judiciary's Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security,
and Citizenship, I held numerous hearings to highlight the
problems associated with illegal immigration and introduced
legislation to reform and strengthen our immigration laws.

My first priority is to secure our borders. It is simply an
issue of national security to know who is coming into this country
and for what purpose. If we are not able to better secure our
borders, it does not matter what reforms Congress makes to our
immigration system.

I am pleased that Congress approved important funding for
the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to
improve security for our nation's borders in the FY 2007
Homeland Security Appropriations bill. This funding provides $5.9
billion for the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection and $3.8
billion for the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
This funding is going directly to those responsible for decreasing
the number of illegal immigrants in or attempting to get into our
country. The legislation also authorizes 1,000 new border patrol
agents to be placed on our borders, in addition to the 500
additional agents approved earlier this year.

The homeland security funding bill also authorizes the
DHS to hire 300 new immigration/customs investigators and 460
new enforcement agents. This is in addition to the 168 agents
authorized earlier this year, further increasing the number of
individuals charged with apprehending the illegal immigrants
present in our country. Overall, this bill funds 12,500 border patrol
agents, 18,200 customs and border protection officers, and nearly
6,100 criminal investigators for customs and immigration. It also
provides for 1,300 deportation officers and nearly 2,700
immigration enforcement agents and detention officers. Not only
did this bill provide for additional personnel to secure our borders,
it also provided important funding to train our immigration
enforcement officials so we can continue to place qualified officers
on our border. While this legislation is an important step in
securing our borders, there is much more to be done.

On December 13, 2005, I introduced legislation that
mandates the Secretary of Homeland Security to establish and
present to Congress a comprehensive plan to gain operational
control of our borders and provide real enforcement of our borders
and provide real enforcement of our immigration laws. My
legislation provides for interim measures to be put into place to
enhance our border security until such time as the Secretary of
Homeland Security presents and Congress approves his
comprehensive plan. One of the interim measures in my
legislation, S. 2087, requires the Secretary of DHS, in
collaboration with the Secretary of Defense, to develop and
implement a plan to provide military support to civilian law
enforcement agencies, including the use of unmanned aerial
vehicles, surveillance equipment, and other equipment of the
Department of Defense, to assist the surveillance activities at and
near the United States border. Another requirement of this
legislation is from 2007 to 2011, the amount of positions for full-
time, active duty Customs and Border Protection Officers increase
by no less than 250 officers per year.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. As your
United States Senator, I will do all I can to see that Congress
establishes a comprehensive solution to the illegal immigration
problem facing our country. As always, I appreciate hearing from
you. Additionally, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts
regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-
newsletter, please sign up via my web site at:
www.chambliss.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Sax­by Chambliss
United States Senate

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:43:24 PM EST
All I have to say is watch the movie Red Dawn, If we dont stand up its going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:12:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 4:15:58 AM EST by BuckeyeSam]
Rjay, I agree with you to a point. Emails are okay and the phone call is okay. I think you get more lip service from them than anything else that way. I think the in your face demonstration seems to work better. Look at what the Illegals are doing. They are showing a strenght in NUMBERS IN YOUR FACE ACTION. E-mails and phone calls can be deleted and ignored. With me in your face is a different story. Thats why I say we have grown lazy. O, i will just shoot him an e-mail or the secretary says he not available right now would you like to leave him a message. When your in their face it makes more of an impression. Its like trying to get a job sending out a million resume's, it does not work. When you go in and show your face and that you mean business is what works.

We have become a country of minority rule instead of the majority rule. IT s the old saying, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Our leaders in this country listen more to the minority than the majority. We have a few leaders who are top notch but most cow down to the ones who speak the loudest and threaten. Again I say we have become to lazy and complacent. We are the ones who are going to loose. We don,t have the gumption to get off our ass and do anything about it. Look at the shape we are in right now. I vote in every election and send out the e-mails. Which 90% are never replied to. It makes you wonder what happens to those 90% e-mail that you send out. Did they read it or delete it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:43:17 PM EST
Well, you all got me angry now.

I do not support the wetbacks getting citizenship. If they want it, they follow the correct procedures.

Waving mexican flags really angers me. If they want citizenship, wave the American flag. If their native countries are so great, GO THE FUCK HOME!

And I am not learning spanish. They can learn English!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:50:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By BuckeyeSam:
They are showing a strength in NUMBERS IN YOUR FACE ACTION.

I got numbers too: 30 in a mag.

We have become a country of minority rule instead of the majority rule. IT s the old saying, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Our leaders in this country listen more to the minority than the majority. We have a few leaders who are top notch but most cow down to the ones who speak the loudest and threaten.

Agreed!

My signature below says it all.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:13:57 PM EST
Hey rjay, I got the same email as you. Word for word. It was an prepared automatic response.

AtlantaFireman, I agree with your signature but who will step up and replace these "politicians".

Yet we keep sending the same ones back.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:19:28 AM EST
I hope nobody minds me bringing back an old(er) post. Governor Perdue just made national news with this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060418/us_nm/usa_immigration_georgia_dc_3

JS2071
Top Top