Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 7:25:43 AM EDT
Spoke to Fred/Frank middle of the week reguarding them taking a car of mine that's been pareted out.

The car has no vin plates, and no title, I told him this and he said it wasn't a problem that for $30 and me towing it down there that he'd take care of aything and just make me sign some paperwork, I told him great and that I'd tow the car down there this weekend.

I call this morning to verify hours of operation, and to make sure that everything was setup (that the guy I spoke to before was still there).

Today, the guy takes a whole different attitude with me, accuses me of stealing the car, says to cover his ass he's going to charge me $50 to do this now for the trouble (pissed me off the price went up, but fine) and that he's going to make me sign all kinds of paperwork to cover his ass incase the car comes up stolen, including copying my driver's license.
Now, I was fine with that, what pissed me off to now end is that I asked to receive a copy of the paperwork that I signed to prove that I gave the car to them -- so that I had a paper trail as well.

Holy crap this guy freaked out on the phone, started yelling at me saying he doesn't wanna do this if I'm going to be difficult -- WHAT THE HELL, I AGREED TO MORE MONEY AND SIGNING MY LIFE AWAY.

So, rather then answer why he didn't want to give me a copy of the documentation that I'd be signing even after I agreed to a $20 price hike (which he made half way through our conversation today).... then the prick hangs up on me (which is something that'll piss me off to no end... it's a bitch way to end what you've gotten yourself into on the phone).

So? I call back Immedately after being hungup on.  Speak to the same idiot who goes "oh you again, you just don't learn do you"....... wouldn't even let me talk, kept talking over me and then hungup again.  

I don't know what kind of business they run, and I know that junk yards arn't known for customer service, moreso the good-oll-boy mentality, but holy crap if your not willing to document incoming cars and give a copy to the person dropping it off -- that' crappy busness.

So, Watch out for these people guys -- don't get burned.

"Sanford And Son's Auto & Truck Salvage & Wrecking"
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry, I just can't help but laugh.  

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/tshirts/5CROSS.JPG
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Rob,

Drag it to his shop in the middle of the night, then call and report it stolen. Just kidding. That does burn you up. Makes you wonder if he thinks you're undercover and he has a history with the law. Hmmm. He's paranoid for some reason. Good luck.

ETA - Does DMV have a list of "approved" shops/yards that could help you? Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I still cant believe that you're paying a guy to take something from you so he can make more money off of the parts in it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#4]
w00t that POS is gone!

Found a shop that took it.... after i told them the story about the other shop they didn't want anything but the car
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
w00t that POS is gone!

Found a shop that took it.... after i told them the story about the other shop they didn't want anything but the car

Excellent!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
In another life I dealt with these morons when I was in the auto crushing biz. They used to stuff their cars with rocks and crap to up the weight. I put an end to it and they threw a sh@t fit. I can't believe 17 years later they are still around. I do not miss that work, or dealing with lowlifes like that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Drag it down to his shop and leave it. He will be forced to deal with it, for free.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Drag it down to his shop and leave it. He will be forced to deal with it, for free.

That would be illegal, the car would be ticketed and towed and I would of been held responsable.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm sorry, I just can't help but laugh.  

www.angelfire.com/tv2/tshirts/5CROSS.JPG

I hear ya, I now have a terrible deisre to cover myself in shoe polish, wear an afro and respond to the name "Big Dummy".

I loved that show!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be illegal, the car would be ticketed and towed and I would of been held responsable.

If you "parked" the car on their private property, he'd have to pay to tow it off. Then the yard that towed your "parked" car would try to get you to come get it for a fee. If you ignore their letters, then they can pay a fee and request an abandoned title from the DMV.

Happens all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top