Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/25/2003 7:43:39 PM EDT
Hey man I was really impressed with your work on the CMMG range signs. Morgan and I have been talking about putting up some no tresspassing signs on our property, and we saw a homemade sign the other day that made me laugh my ass off, I'd really like to have you make some for us to put up. Email me at michaelbranson@hotmail.com with pricing info, I'd probably need only 5 signs or so of the size that you made for CMMG. The design is simple, to the point, and easily understood:

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:01:50 PM EDT
LOL!! That's a good one!

e-mail on the way
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:25:59 PM EDT
that's sweet!!!

if they aren't too pricey, i'd be interested in a sign or two. do i detect a group buy in the mkaing? lol
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:34:24 PM EDT
If there's a group buy, let me know, we could use some for down at our farm in Dixon, where everyone believes everything is community property and that no trespassing signs and purple paint apply to everyone but them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:29:45 AM EDT
Stickerman--got your email, your price is fine, I'll take 5 if we can add "NO TRESPASSING" under the logo just to make it absolutely clear.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:31:11 PM EDT
It will take a little more work to make them with the lettering at the bottom but I'll give them to you at the same price. Anybody else that wants them they will be 10" x 12" in two colors for $10 each. They will be made of corrugated plastic with 7 year vinyl.

http://home.swbell.net/graphicx/gunstuff/trespassing.jpg
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:35:30 PM EDT
That's perfect!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:42:00 PM EDT
Yeah, I think that should stand out. The word "TRESPASSING" has the letters at 1.25" tall. The word "YOU" is about 2.125" tall.

That should be good enough for people to read at close distances. I could make them a little bigger if needed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:20:21 PM EDT
Just playing the devil's advocate, isn't that a double negative? One of the best ones I've seen is the one we have posted on our gate at the farm, yellow background with big black letters, "IF YOU CAN READ THIS
YOU ARE WITHIN RANGE"
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:41:40 PM EDT
If they can't read or write is it still a double negative?

How about this one then?
http://home.swbell.net/graphicx/gunstuff/withinrange.jpg
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2003 1:57:04 PM EDT by nascar3n8fan]
Good point stickerman. The one you just made up is sweet, definitely better than the one we have. I would be interested in a couple of those for sure.

Let me know how much you would want for something like that and we'll work something out.
Thanks,
Justin
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:54:08 PM EDT
Hey Stickerman,

How much for one of each?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:59:15 PM EDT
Those would be $10 each plus the shipping. I would have to figure that up when I get the weight of them. I would just charge the actual shipping plus the cost of the envelope.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:39:11 PM EDT
Nice signs...

Now Stickerman, see what you've done???

Now I have to get me a place big enough so I can buy the signs to post on it...

40 acres, hmmmm...
Yeah, that aught to about do it...

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:45:49 PM EDT
Now that the weather is turning it would be a good time for selling these signs. Buy all the land you want... I can make all the signs you would ever need, LOL.

I work for myself making signs and do truck lettering for a living so the winter time really sucks for doing lettering outdoors. I've also been selling rifle stickers on e-bay for a while. Seems funny.... nobody buys the AR15 stickers so I don't even bother listing them anymore.

Curtis
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:41:40 PM EDT
Argh! Stickerman, Morgan nixed the idea when I told her about it at dinner tonight. She cited keeping our reputation in a small town as the reason for not putting up such a snobby asshole type sign.

My response was two fold:
1. I could give a shit what a bunch of uneducated inbred white trash hicks who work at a goddamn aluminum foundry think of a sign I put up on my own private property.

2. They aren't going to like us anyway, she's already received complaints at school about how I drive (out of my way, slow-ass frumpy soccer mom beeyotch), we are living in the same house although not married, and I'm an atheist who refuses to even pretend to go to church in a town full of fucking Mormons.

But hey, every little thing helps, right? So no signs for us to put around the property for now. DAMMIT...
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:46:41 PM EDT
Oh, no Duke...

Not the Mormon Soccer Mom's...

You are dead meat...

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:53:25 PM EDT
Well that sucks! That's the bad thing about those small towns. I sure couldn't live in a small town again and put up with all of that BS.

Maybe a "Beware of Owner" sign with the AR15 on it would be more civilized. Or... just put "Caution Land Mines" yeah.... that would make them feel real warm and fuzzy inside.

I'll make you a sign for free to piss some people off :) I'm evil like that. Maybe a skull & crossbones and the land mine wording. My wife thinks I'm an instigator and I just think I am helping people solve their problems.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:59:54 AM EDT
ACTUNG MINEN!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:02:58 AM EDT
Yep, that's the one!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:15:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Duke-Nukem-:
ACTUNG MINEN!

ACHTUNG MINEN! makes it an H-bomb...

Top Top