Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 5:02:48 PM EDT
Heard this on NBC nightly news.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5946127/

I had to laugh when I saw an LA police chief on TV stating that these guns will be back on the streets. Doesn't he know that the federal ban will do nothing for use in regards to lowers.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
HAHA dam LIBS! this ones for u
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
i was cursing at the tv when i saw that. am i crazy for expecting the police chief to tell the truth as the law states it? is this fraud?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#4]
It makes me wonder why police would want to retain the ban. I understand politically, you can win some votes by supporting it(You can also lose votes, so whatever). But police, who know guns, and know that guns don't cause crime but people do, seem to overlook that fact in order to get TV time or something.  It's sad, most of the assault weapons(I know it's a misnomer for the guns) banned are very small calibers. The AR is always a popular one, but it's got one of the tiniest rifle rounds available.  If I were a police officer and really afraid of getting shot though my vest, I'd try to ban larger caliber hunting rifles (Note: this would also be a disservice to legitimate gun owners and hunters, but at least it makes sence in a high school physics class).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top