Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2013 7:16:47 PM EDT
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/Local-Reaction-to-President-Obamas-Executive-Orders-187222451.html?mobile=yes

FUCK THEM.  FUCK THEM. FUCK THEM.

Safe Shot Indoor Range

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I envision them going out of business soon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#2]
email time:

First, FUCK YOU.  I hope you don't read past this email, but after I just linked that article to EVERY local shooting group in the NN area, I think this may be superfluous.  

Great job.  You had a chance to actually put the best foot forward and instead you can't get it unstuck out of your ass.  

"California has been on a cap for I think it's about 10 years where they can't have more than 10 rounds in their magazines," Bruce said. "They've dealt with it just fine, so I don't see why everyone else can't."

Yeh, because even the police capped themselves out to 10 rounds, huh.  This comment just allows people to accept compromise.  WE NO LONGER COMPROMISE OUR RIGHTS.  Besides, the article is misleading, the EO signed HAD NOTHING to do with magazine round capacity.  

"If it's a re-enactment of 1994, it's going to be all cosmetic.," Bruce said

Oh great, yeh, except it isn't.  They talked about moving the AR's to the NFA registry along with the $200 tax and making it a single feature that makes it an "assault weapon" not 2.  Also, they may move it to be like NY where you have to pass a background check to buy ammo, have fun waiting for NICS for each of your customers to shoot in your range.

You'll never get a single word from me for the rest of your time in business (hopefully you go out of business soon, you backstabbing cocksuckers) except every negative pejorative I can create to express how much you fucking suck.

FUCK YOU
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't believe what I just watched.

FUCK Safe Shot and that dickhead customer they interviewed.

EDIT: It's time to bombard them with emails:

Regarding the interview your business gave to KOLO news about new gun control edicts, I am STUNNED that you would go on camera and essentially backstab your entire customer base like this. That you would tell a reporter that you agree with the California-style magazine capacity limit, and that an assault weapon ban is "all cosmetic", is ridiculous. One would think that a gun range that rents automatic weapons would have a minimal interest in DEFENDING gun rights, and would understand the ACTUAL effect of a new AWB, so either your employee J. Bruce is confused about the effect of a ban or he has revealed the truth about your business practices. I will never again spend any money at your business, and I will encourage every gun owner I know in the Reno area to avoid your range at all costs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Were any sane people also interviewed, or just the ones where the "News" liked their answers?

One more reason to skip TV completely, while you are sending emails a few to the "News" involved might be appropriate too.
Just be sure to make theirs polite, they would LOVE to portray you (Us) as out of control and in need of the new mental health prohibition.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Heres mine:
While I manage a retail firearms store myself, Im writing to share my feelings as a gun owner and an American. In your quest for publicity, You have done a great disservice to the shooting community with your damaging ignorance. For the owner to make such outrageous statements about magazine capacity and their use for hunting and sport, shows a complete lack of understanding of the origin of inalienable rights, our founding documents, and the true nature of the right to bear arms. I would be happy to arrange an education for the entire staff if you want to learn what it means to be an American with testicular fortitude. In the meantime, keep your ignorant mug off TV and keep your poorly educated opinions away from folks who might mistake you for experts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Besides the stab in the back by the "rangemaster", that other guy was just an idiot.  These comments about "no one needs 30 rounds to hunt with" are so stupid they don't deserve comment.  But here I am...

I think the young guy, and maybe the older one too, were trying to score with the reporter.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#7]

NSFJoJo...I LIKE your style!

I posted my comments on another thread and am pretty much in total agreeance with your observation and the rest of the NV HTF members who commented here.

Keep The High Ground,

G
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:17:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess police don't need 10 rounds either. Or are they not included in "nobody needs more than 10 rounds"
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Dumbass!! Hope they go out of business
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck them email sent!
Good Day,
  Today I received a number of links and messages via Facebook, email, and various forums regarding your establishment’s participation in more anti-gun grabbing propaganda by the news media. After watching this news clip I was outraged by what I had just watched. Did you even try to educate the reporter?
  I recommend you do some research on our Constitution and educate yourself, your employees, and every FUDD customer that walks into your establishment on the foundations of the Second Amendment and why we have them; that’s assuming that you can manage to keep it open after this B.S. (maybe you should take your business to CA. since you don’t mind their laws) It is every gun owners responsibility to help educate the layman including your FUDD customers!  
  I live here, in Northern Nevada, and as a business manager, rancher, an avid hunter and ties in the mining industry I assure you that I have a vast network of contacts and friends and will spread this to everyone that I know. Hell, I plan to share this with people I don’t know.

"In a world of Compromise, some men don't"!  We, as American citizens, can not compromise on any new bans, regulations, or any items meant to diminish our Second Amendment!

Good luck!

Thank you for your time

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I emailed them this. "Do to your ignorant views I will no longer be giving your company money. Enjoy going out of business cock suckers."

Their reply was this...

" First let me tell you that was not our views. Most of what was stated was by a customer that we have no control over what there opinions are. Our position on the issues are strongly against any types of bans or restricitions . We do however feel the backround ck system is fault by not having Mental Health patients information available to Brady due to Hippa laws. We are certain these views are shared by most . Nothing that our employee stated was in any way agreeable to the Presidents recomendations. We are on the Gun owners side and none others. We are affiliate members of the NRA and make substantional fianancial donations to the cause to the NRA. So trust us we are on your side and support the cause against the Presidents recomendations with exception to tightning the backround check laws"

Truly, The Management at Safe Shot
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:52:53 AM EDT
[#12]
There are plenty of other dealers I'd give my money to before them.I wonder if they interviewed anyone other dealers but didn't get the answers they wanted.I don't think Silver State or Bizzare would ever say anything like that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I emailed them this. "Do to your ignorant views I will no longer be giving your company money. Enjoy going out of business cock suckers."

Their reply was this...

" First let me tell you that was not our views. Most of what was stated was by a customer that we have no control over what there opinions are. Our position on the issues are strongly against any types of bans or restricitions . We do however feel the backround ck system is fault by not having Mental Health patients information available to Brady due to Hippa laws. We are certain these views are shared by most . Nothing that our employee stated was in any way agreeable to the Presidents recomendations. We are on the Gun owners side and none others. We are affiliate members of the NRA and make substantional fianancial donations to the cause to the NRA. So trust us we are on your side and support the cause against the Presidents recomendations with exception to tightning the backround check laws"

Truly, The Management at Safe Shot

I'll watch it again but I could have sworn the rangemaster said something about 10 rounds being fine.  And that the laws in KA are fine.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#14]
It's all too common.  US Firearms academy in Reno said that they support closing the gun "show loophole".  

They are obviously like the fact that people would be beholden to FFL's to transfer firearms...  

It reminds me of how the new off road vehicle registration was pushed through by the dealers.

However, Hessler said, "private party transfers without background
checks need to be looked at. I am all for closing that loophole. There’s
no other way to guarantee that the person getting the gun is not a
prohibited person.”

http://www.rgj.com/proart/20130116/news/301160135/reaction-obama-s-gun-proposals-nevada-mixed?pagerestricted=1

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#15]
It's ridiculous because they aren't known for their "hunting" and "outdoor survival" supplies.  They're signing their businesses obituary
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Remember this stuff when you need to buy stuff. Make sure all your friends know as well.

If we let them get away with it they will.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Most have never prepared themselves for questions from the media.

Yes' there is no Gun show loop hole, all dealers have customers go through the background checks as required by law.

Private party sales are perfectly legal.  

And just for the record you can send your gun to an FFL in another state, you do not need an FFL here to send it there.  Unless it is directed by state law.

I don't need more than 10 rounds to kill a deer, but then I don't hunt deer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes' there is no Gun show loop hole, all dealers have customers go through the background checks as required by law.

We can play semantics all day long but they are talking about private party transfers. They call it a gun show loop hole because that is where a high volume of sales happen.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We can play semantics all day long but they are talking about private party transfers. They call it a gun show loop hole because that is where a high volume of sales happen.

There is a reason the antis frame it this way. Much like assault weapons, the idea is palatable to FUDDs when they hear it presented this way. It will be too late when they learn that they cant just inherit Grampa's shotgun and Zeke cant sell them that Seven Emm Emm they have coveted for so long without going to a dealer to do the transfer.

I will never forget the FUDD who wanted to buy a shotgun for his grandson. I was working the gun counter at the old Carson WalMart in like '94-'95.

He became enraged when I told him he had to undergo the the background check.

"That's only for handguns!!"

"Sorry sir, it actually encompasses ALL sales by a licensee."

"That's bullshit! I voted for that guy and blahblahblah...I supported it for handguns...AARP...blahblahblah"

He left disgusted, hopefully in himself.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh I understand why they do it I am just sick of it all. Just like people pointing out that AR's are not assault rifles because they are semi auto. Screw that noise, They should be full auto and we should be able to own them as we do any other gun.

If he was in favor of the background checks for handguns then he is like many of the fudds. I am sick of them bastards too.

We are going down in flames and those fools are doing their best to help the other side out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#21]
The good news is that local  businesses out themselves. That way we know who to support with our $s and who to avoid at all cost.

So far on my avoid list are:

USFA and Safe Shot. I'm sure there are others but it's just starting.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top