Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 3:31:31 PM EDT
I checked that tacked thread here about gunshops in Oregon and could only find one store mentioned in my area and that was in Sutherlin...Larry's Sporting Goods. Anyhow I am looking for some good gun shops in the Roseburg area as well as a good armorer. I need an armorer because I need to get an upper I just bought threaded for a flash hider and have a new front sight base with a bayo lug put on it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Check Roseburg Gun Shop (Cascade Ammunition) on Diamond Lake Blvd. 464-8979
Also Flying Cloud Trading Co. 1119 S.E. Fullerton St. Phone 1-888-672-8342

Larry's used to have a resident Smith. I'm not sure if they still do.
Roseburg Gun Shop also does Smith work.
I'm not sure if Flying Clouds has a Smith, but they are a shop to check-out, good selection.

For ammo, Bimart is hard to beat. They had 9mm on sale for under $6 a box last week.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Larrys pretty much sucks in my oppinion, Cascade is the only place I can think of in Roseburg that carrys any ARs/AKs, Flying clound is my place for handguns, not many long guns though.

I've had "issues with all of them at one time or another.

Larrys; the guy wanted like $250 for a Century/Bulgarian Makarov and $400 for a used Philipino 1911 with a cracked grip and the rear sith drifted all the way to one side in an attemp to hit paper

Flying cloud; He told me would send his FFL to someone, after several weeks and they still hadn't received it, he told me he would send it "again", they still never got it.

Cascade; told me it is illegal to build guns. I told him it is legal to build AKs as long as you have ten or less imported parts, he said "actually it is illegal!". The jerk said ATF needs to ban receivers so people will quit building guns.

Why don't you just do it your self? All you need is a hammer and punch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Larry's in Sutherlin is high on prices but remember he is a little - low volume shop.  He has a gunsmith (name of Jack miller) who does all the work for him.   I know Jack (a little - we are not old time friends).  Jack's fortae is building long range varmet rifles.

I had him do a trigger job for me and some other stuff.  I could check with him on your barrell thread if you wish.

Blues
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Larry's in Sutherlin is high on prices but remember he is a little - low volume shop.  He has a gunsmith (name of Jack miller) who does all the work for him.   I know Jack (a little - we are not old time friends).  Jack's fortae is building long range varmet rifles.

I had him do a trigger job for me and some other stuff.  I could check with him on your barrell thread if you wish.
Blues

That would be cool if you could do that for me; I always appreciate a good connection. I am going to be in Sutherlin tomorrow for a job interview at 10am and thought I might swing by Larry's and check out the place. I'll probably be the only guy wearing a tie AND a hat.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure, but you could anways try Noveske in Grants Pass.  There is always Dave out at Buckhorn gun shop.  He is a pretty good guy and does good work.  

Good smiths in this area are like finding a gold nugget laying on the sidewalk.  Good luck.  I've got a personal friend who does everything but AR's..
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I just talked to Rosebrug Guns and with the guy at Flying Cloud and each of them gave me a different armorer to go to. Roseburg guns gave Oalalla Creek Arms and Flying Cloud gave meLone Rock Arms Co. The guy at flying cloud said they siad all their gunsmithing to the guy at Lone Rock and the guys at Roseburg guns said their guy specializes in AR's and his card even says he carries parts in stock. Anyhow I called both places but Oalalla didn't pick up and Lone Rock said it would be about $45 to thread my bushy barrel and turn around time is going on three weeks.

If any cares the number Lone Rock Arms Co. is 541-496-3119 and to Oalla Creek Arms is 541-784-0202. Interestingly the guys at Roseburg guns said that Oalalla has a firing Range at his place and his card says that he does the Concealed Carry Course.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just talked to Rosebrug Guns and with the guy at Flying Cloud and each of them gave me a different armorer to go to. Roseburg guns gave Oalalla Creek Arms and Flying Cloud gave meLone Rock Arms Co. The guy at flying cloud said they siad all their gunsmithing to the guy at Lone Rock and the guys at Roseburg guns said their guy specializes in AR's and his card even says he carries parts in stock. Anyhow I called both places but Oalalla didn't pick up and Lone Rock said it would be about $45 to thread my bushy barrel and turn around time is going on three weeks.

If any cares the number Lone Rock Arms Co. is 541-496-3119 and to Oalla Creek Arms is 541-784-0202. Interestingly the guys at Roseburg guns said that Oalalla has a firing Range at his place and his card says that he does the Concealed Carry Course.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Thanks, I will have to check them out when I get home in November.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top