Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 2:32:34 PM EDT
...Men--I can't make this stuff up. A Principal of a Middle School in Valley in Chambers County wants to "arm" the students by having them bring and keep an 8 oz. can of SOUP, so that if an "intruder," (translate: terrorist or crazed gunman) gets into the classroom, the kids can pelt him with cans of soup!

? Are these school administrator people out of their minds?

Even the health food nut, Mike Adams, who broke the story, thinks this is absurd!
A Children's "Militia" Armed With Cans of Soup

I've got some kin in Huntsville and when they heard this, they about flipped!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Throwing cans of soup -- faculty recommended.

Point your finger at someone and make a shooting noise -- expelled from school.

Homeschooling -- what I'd be doing if I had kids.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, where is Fl when you need them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
This may work, If the shooter is hungry.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Sad thing is that there are more schools doing this than y'all know.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#5]
In before homeless people start breaking into schools with toy guns for free soup...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder what happened to even send out an announcement such as this one?  Was this a joke?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder what happened to even send out an announcement such as this one? Was this a joke?
View Quote

No! these nitwits are as serious as 15 APRIL is to the IRS!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sad thing is that there are more schools doing this than y'all know.
View Quote

I graduated high school in 2010, and several of my teachers encouraged us to throw text books at an active shooter should that situation ever arise.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm torn on this one.  If the only other option were to hide under my desk and get shot then any resistance is better than rolling over.  Preferably the teachers would be trained and armed to address the threat but I'm realistic enough to know that's not going to happen.  Do have to remember we did have the run, hide, fight billboards not long ago
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I teach, I really wish they'd let a group of us get training for CC in the school. I'd gladly buy new clothes, pay for training,etc. to be able to CC and us have a REAL PLAN.

As it stands now, I keep wasp spray with the 30 ft stream in my room(Do you know how much of a pussy I felt like typing that?!)
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Get a box full of 1/4-inch marbles or ball bearings and toss them in the direction of the shooter. Then use a few with a wrist-rocket slingshot and go David on him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#12]
These cans of soup wouldn't have helped with the middle schoolers fight I broke up today at lunch.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
These cans of soup wouldn't have helped with the middle schoolers fight I broke up today at lunch.
View Quote

It's amazing what a body slam can do sometimes
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do help with wrestling...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I advocate using improvised weapons when none are present or allowed. A thrown can is a start, I guess. I say upgrade to a can in a gym sock and create a Campbell's Bludgeon. Or allowed vetted trained/armed teachers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Better than hide under a desk or huddle in the corner and "play invisible", I guess.

Still doesn't address the real elephant in the room.

Allow faculty to carry.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I advocate using improvised weapons when none are present or allowed. A thrown can is a start, I guess. I say upgrade to a can in a gym sock and create a Campbell's Bludgeon. Or allowed vetted trained/armed teachers.
View Quote

And advertise the fact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top