Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 11:30:15 PM EDT
I am seriously considering going to college in Tucson, and would like to know what the gun laws are down there, particularly where 18 year olds are concerned. Also, if you know laws about lifted trucks that would be helpful. Oh yeah, how is the speed limit enforcement down there?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, those are excellent sources. I found out what I needed to know.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The 35mph speed limit in Tucson is heavily enforced.

You can open carry at 18.

Lifted trucks are pretty much okay as long as you have mudflaps.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they actually enforce the mudflaps issue? my truck is late model, and it doesnt look dangerous or anything, and I havent had any trouble up here even during traffic stops.

I would hate to put flaps on my truck.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
They probably won't pull you over for it, but they won't have any problem writing you a ticket for it.

My friends go to school down there, not only have they all gotten tickets for various things, one got a ticket for his bumper sticking out an inch into the sidewalk.  DPS will also have no problem writing you a ticket for mudflaps.

Tucson PD really doens't like college kids.

On the plus side, there are a lot of hotties down there, that's the only reason I ever go down there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top