Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/20/2006 10:08:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:25:42 AM EDT
been in their store once..... lots of nice toys.

The people in the store seemed friendly enough, but the prices were HIGH..........

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:31:19 PM EDT
I've heard good about them, but never been there myself.
As for feeling shunned, that's why I never went to more of the shoots at Rio, I'd go to talk to people and get the who the f*** are you look.
Heck, I can get that from work.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:29:38 PM EDT
Their store is a joke. Tons of space. Not much inventory. All high speed stuff. Most can be bought online for Half the price. - LITERALLY HALF!!

I only go in there cuz my barber shop is next door to it.

I don't know how they crack the rent nut, but it can't be from retail sales. Shucks! Pistol parlour in mesa has a better firearms selection.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:58:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:12:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:15:23 PM EDT
Scott, was this at Rio or Phoenix Rod and Gun?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:06:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By scottmilk9:
Has anyone dealt with these guys? I saw a couple of them shooting thursday night steel and went to introduce myself to them, even talk a little business, but I felt I was shunned, Might have been loud or misunderstood me, just wanted everyone elses opinion on them.

It was probally Ron(Owner) and Amanda(Sales person/instructor/everything), they are good folks you just have to catch them when they are not busy. Stop by the shop sometime I'm sure they'll be more up to chatting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:35:08 PM EDT
Well lets see, I bought a Rem LTR, Rem 870 Max, Aimpoint, Glock 21, and probably some other stuff. All brand new and reasonably priced. If I could have ordered from the "internet" at literally half price I would have.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:02:39 PM EDT
Ron and Amanda have always been super cool to me each time I have talked to them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:06:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:27:43 AM EDT
I never had any problems with them. Ron is very friendly and always up for talking at the store (if no other customers are there). If you want to see any of his Class III weapons, all you have to do is ask and they will (with a smile on their face) get one and let you hold it and ask questions. Not like the 'nose-up-in-the-air' never crack a friendly smile big gun store north of most of us.

Also very LOW pressure to buy anything! It seems they are happy to introduce folks new to firearms what they have and what to expect.

As for pricing, can you list somne of the stuff that is double the internet price? I'm not an expert by any means, but I have visited their store and web site and their prices look accurate to me. You have to remember that they have a store front and inventory to pay for and do not work out of their garage or den.

I will go back.

azski
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:52:40 AM EDT
it's a good place - they've always done right by me
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:34:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By azski:

As for pricing, can you list somne of the stuff that is double the internet price?

azski

The first thing that comes to mind is the Current production AR 20 round mags for $24.95!!

Ok. Ok. so that's more than double what you can get them for elsewhere.. .. SUE ME!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:47:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By demigod:

.. SUE ME!

If it was only that easy.

azski
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:52:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SinistralRifleman:

Originally Posted By TREETOP:
I was in there today. Amanda hasn't been there the last 3 times I've been there, does she still work there? Anyway they're always friendly to me.

I heard she was joining the army sometime in january or february..

... I heard you two were getting married!

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:52:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:

... I heard you two were getting married!

That's the chick that is so "fond" of Russell?

Top Top