Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 7:41:45 PM EDT
There used to be three (?) of these in Phoenix and now I'm not sure if any are left. What killed them off? High prices?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]

They have one store in the valley left at Southern and Stapley in Mesa. They also have two stores in Tuscon. That's where the owner lives. About two years ago he sold Shooter's World. Then closed the Camelback store. Then after that, the Bell Rd. store got broken into about five times. So he closed that one to. My friend Fred is the manager of the Mesa store. He use to manage the Bell Rd one. Why are they going down. Slow business and break inns.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
the Camelback property was bought by the city to make way for the Light Rail (oooohhh.....).
break-ins were common at the Cave Creek location, but it was the AZ Sportsman tradition of outrageous amounts of FFL/ATF violations that did them in.  the way i hear it (from a number of "insiders"), they were very lax on their paperwork.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#3]
As soon as shooters world came under new management the service sure got better quickly, but still is nothing like in the old days when they were huge.

Ahhhh the old days...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#4]
When they took over the Jensen's stores in Tucson, they brought high prices with the inablility to haggle, stupid help and poor customer relations. They are good for buying Wolf ammo, and thats about it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Jensens Arizona Sportsman is a firearms related retail business that specializes in creating 'VICTIMS' and specifically does not encourage customers to shop or buy. I really miss the way Bob Jensen used to run that shop.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Everytime I went into the C-back store, I never felt welcome.  If they would have treated people with a certain level of respect, they might have something to show for it today.    

I only do business with Weapon Works and Legendary Guns now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Well.. Sportsmans Warehouse is opening Aug. 18th here in the East valley (about 1 mile from my house!)  I told my wife if she ever came home and I wasn't there to drive to the new store, I'd be somewhere inside...

I liked Sportsmans a longtime ago... they use to be good.  In fact, when they still sold SCUBA equipment, that's where I met my scuba instructor.  They went downhill after a little while....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:I liked Sportsmans a longtime ago... they use to be good.

Yeah.  I used to dump a lot of money at Sportsmans in Mesa when you could shoot out by the proving grounds.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:27:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Jensens in Tucson is where I had an employee swear up and down that the Springfield XD was 100% made in the USA, just like their 1911s

I laughed at her.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There used to be three (?) of these in Phoenix and now I'm not sure if any are left. What killed them off? High prices?

Plain and simple, they sucked.

Also some of the employees kept stealing guns from them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well.. Sportsmans Warehouse is opening Aug. 18th here in the East valley (about 1 mile from my house!)

Where in the East Valley would this be?   I'm in Chandler, and would love to have a Sportsmans Warehouse close by.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:17:55 AM EDT
[#12]
good ridance
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:36:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well.. Sportsmans Warehouse is opening Aug. 18th here in the East valley (about 1 mile from my house!)

Where in the East Valley would this be?   I'm in Chandler, and would love to have a Sportsmans Warehouse close by.

4164 East Valley Auto Dr.
Mesa, Arizona 85206-4601
Telephone
(480)558-1111

Some of you guys are helpless.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Its at Greenfield and US 60. SW corner. Next to the Wal-Mart
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#15]
We have Cabela's going in on the West side (near the new stadium), and a Sportsman's Paradise on McDowell between Litchfield and Dysart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top