Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 8:30:38 AM EDT
Thanks from me to you Arizona folks for getting a reciprocity law passed and signed into law by your Governor Napolitano (D ????!).  

I'll keep working to get Washington to get a reciprocity law passed.  As of now about 10 states accept Wa. permits (we have no training requirement) and Wa. accepts no other state's permit, even though every state except Vermont (because they don't require a permit) has more strict standards than us for getting a permit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Our Godmother signed that?

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:58:53 AM EDT
[#2]
When the hell did that happen?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Because I am a CCW Instructor, I received the following statement from DPS via email yesterday about this..Here's what they say:

"This legislation does not recognize all other state's CCW permits, only those that meet the required criteria. The requirements are
listed under ARS 13-3112.U and V. Permit holders from other states which do not have a current reciprocal agreement with Arizona may not legally carry concealed weapons in this state, until that state is officially recognized
or a reciprocal agreement is established."

www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/46leg/1r/bills/hb2353s%2Ehtm&DocType=B

Right now we have reciprocity with Alaska, Arkansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Utah, and Texas

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top