Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2004 6:51:10 AM EST
Click Here for more info.

It's gonna happend this Saturday, Oct 2

I'm on the planning committee.

Better call in your reservations. They take credit cards.

RESERVE YOUR SEATS BY PHONE:

1-800-426-4302 (8 AM - 5:30 PM PST, M - F)

$35 by phone or at the door (I wouldn't pay at the door)
$55 for Couples;
$220 reserved table for eight people;
$25 for Students

Festivities begin at 3pm with a motorcycle show and attractions outside, including the Arizona Game & Fish BB gun range and Laser Trap & Skeet.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:17:29 AM EST
I forgot to mention...

No alcohol is to be served, so tasteful open or concealed carry is appreciated.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:48:44 AM EST
lol
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:41:39 PM EST
Anybody going?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:19:15 AM EST
There have been lots of tickets sold.

This is the best chance an Arizonan has to publicly support the RKBA (lots of press will be there) since the Million Mom March counter-demonstration in May of 2000.

Please spread the word and call in to buy your tickets.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:19:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By RickD:
I forgot to mention...

No alcohol is to be served, so tasteful open or concealed carry is appreciated.

Rick

Are you sure? We wouldn't want to be branded as "maniacs" or "cowboys" for carrying openly.

In all seriousness, I work that day and don't get off until 6pm. How long will the event last?

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:19:43 AM EST
" Doors open at 3 p.m.; Prime Rib Dinner at 7 p.m"

Also, Alan Gottlieb from SAF will be there...and perhaps you can get a chance to ask him why the most recent Gun Rights Policy Conference attendees were told they couldn't carry firearms at the event.

Just like occurred here in Phoenix a couple years ago.

Hint: No matter what they say, it wasn't the hotel's request...this from folks on the ground who know the hotel.

Ms. Gottlieb approached several attendees at the Phoenix event and asked that they remove their firearms to their cars. Some did, some merely pulled a shirt over it. We were told the hotel didn't want us carrying. When we signed up, we were assured that open carry would be allowed.

Fast forward to the Virginia event. There was a bar there, and VA law prohibits CCW where alcohol is served, but open carry is OK. Again, Ms. Gottlieb told several attendees to take their guns out to their car, again that this was a hotel issue. I believe attendees were also told that open carry was OK.

My questions:

If the country's major gun rights conference is holding their annual event at a hotel that disallows open carry, why do they continue to do so?

If it's the GPRC's decision, don't lie about it. That's worse, IMO, than coming up with bullshit stories.

If they ARE lying about it, and doing it mainly to make sure they get folks there then disarm them (for PR issues..can't have a lot of armed folks at a GUN Rights conference), then why are we continuing to support them?

TimW
Phoenix
Practical Tactical, LLC
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:58:12 PM EST
Guys and gals,

Just a few days left for the event.

For those of you who can, please call 1-800-426-4302 (8 AM - 5 PM, M-F) so that you can reserve your seat at the prime rib dinner.

For those who can't swing the dinner (either time or money), please try to spend an hour or two at the "midway" events and vendor tables from 3pm to 6pm.

For those of you who can't swing either, please send e-mail to your gunnie friends to make sure they are aware of it.

Thanks,

Rick
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:45:17 AM EST
Thanks all.

The banquet went off without a hitch (save for the slow food service).

It was packed and nearly sold out with only two empty tables, and these were due to last-minute cancelations.

Lots of politicos and vendors. The paintball, airsoft and LaserShot ranges were a hit.

Of particular interest was an NPR guy who was walking around doing interviews and collecting audio sounds. He said the story will air on Monday (maybe multiple times during newsbreaks?). If you hear a guy shooting paintball, that will likely be me.

Rick
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:48:50 AM EST
I'd have to say I would have preferred that Steve Kates had been the emcee of the event. He's certainly a more groomed public speaker.

I was glad to see some local politicians there, the state rep from my area, Dean Martin sat at our table with his wife Carrie. He's a shooter and is conservative. Carbine10, we're in the same district/region whatever.. so he's your rep as well.

-luke
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:09:54 PM EST
The NPR guy was Mark Moran
News Director for KJZZ (91.5FM), Phoenix.

480-774-8230 (direct)

mark.moran@kjzz.org

I don't know if this will get national play or not.

Rick
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:44:04 PM EST
Did anyone as Gottlieb about the GRPC thing?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:44:39 PM EST
I was too busy running back and forth to the airsoft/paintball range. I only saw him once, when he was on the stage giving his speech.

Rick
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:56:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By zukem:
I was glad to see some local politicians there, the state rep from my area, Dean Martin sat at our table with his wife Carrie. He's a shooter and is conservative. Carbine10, we're in the same district/region whatever.. so he's your rep as well.

-luke

You must be in North Phoenix!?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:39:21 AM EST
Yep, N Phoenix.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:36:08 PM EST
I have to recognize the vendors who came out and made the paintball and airsoft ranges at the CCW Banquet a reality...

http://www.westworldpaintball.com/

http://www.jungletoy.com/

Please give them both a click.

Thanks,

Rick
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:38:08 AM EST
It's great that we have ccw permits but now after 10 years it's time to make it a true right to carry state! We need to change to the Vermont and Alaska form of concealed carry. Arizona could still issue concealed carry permits for reciprocity in other states but here in AZ. it wouldn't be needed to carry concealed. As law abiding gun owners don't need to be subjected to fees, finger prints ect. Freedom for the Free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top Top