Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 5:16:04 AM EDT
I mean if what the local and national, international and inter galactic news media are saying is true, we are but days away from inciting the entire muslim world to come to Gainesville and kill us all, for being in the same universe as 40 poor non denominational whack jobs.

what a crock..................

The media will do anything, and I mean ANYTHING to sell ad space or print copies.  

If anyone is endangering our Troops in the sand box over this issue, it is the media, for blowing this all out of proportion.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
i predict.......nothing will happen
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry. It's a religion of peace. They're just kidding with those "Death to those that insult Islam" and "Behead those that insult Islam" signs. Nothing will come of it. They'll just sit down together and have a tea party. Oh wait, that's racist.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#3]
all I expect out of this is more media insanity.  We will get more  sycophantic shouting of the current administration's desire to not show the other cheek, but to bend over and spread the cheeks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:54:35 AM EDT
[#4]
The kook-ran burning will occur while 90 plus thousand strong will at the Swamp...maybe they can do the burning at half time...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The kook-ran burning will occur while 90 plus thousand strong will at the Swamp...maybe they can do the burning at half time...

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To hell with EWE F
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Why do I need to use this as an excuse to be "locked & loaded" lol

but seriously i doubt anything will/would ever happen.... If it did I live on the outskirts of town anyways.  

i'm by no means promoting/condemning this act.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The game will be long over before they start burning books!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]
All the same, just be observant and don't go condition white.  The BG's threatening us have a history of successful murder all over the world.  Terrorists love this sort of thing, they get off on it, and I have already seen one local posting in Fort Myers on a news site from someone claiming that he will now join Al Qaida and will begin killing "bloudy Americans".  Heads up, that's all.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Meh I don't see burning some books making them hate us anymore then they already do.  If it does, well maybe we will luck out and their blood pressure will spike high enough that they will burst something important.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I think this is so funny.  the morning news interviews a "muslim" and asked what he thought of this.  I'm paraphrasing but essentially he said, "look we are a religion of peace, but if he follows through with these book burnings, I'm afriad Americans will be killed."  I laughed for a good while after that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I propose a barbeque...............sus scrofa, of course...............with the drippin's liberally applied to the 'to be burned' material...................Not that I'd want to be offense, of course!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#12]
If they come ashore in Volusia County, we will stop them before they reach the St Johns River.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#13]
There just putting money in the Muslims pockets by buying all these books to burn... way to support the terrorist.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#14]
We'd live in a boring country if we didn't have crazy and delusional people.  They indirectly and directly gives everyone jobs,  just saying.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If they come ashore in Volusia County, we will stop them before they reach the St Johns River.

ST Johnes River?  They have to get my me just to cross I95!  Did you mean the Intercoastal Water Way by chance?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I work in Gainesville but live quite a bit west of town. I plan on staying out of town this Saturday, but I typically do that anyway. That preacher guy is a true asshat and the media have succeeded in making this a huge worldwide deal when it didn't need to be. The "church" only has about 50 members and could have easily been ignored. The combination of the attention whore pastor and the retarded media have turned this into a huge fucking mess.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I am going to be the first to say these guys wont follow through.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#19]
yeah its a joke for sure.... but playing devils advocate, no pun intended, i have two questions....

1) if they didnt get a burn permit, which in itself is a joke we need one in Alachua county, why wouldn't they jut get a giant smoker and do it in that,  (again im not agreeing with the burning of any book)
2) i wish people in USA would get so upset & talkative when other religions or groups are burning our flag or worse hurting/killing our troops...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Tom Pettyville Chapter of the Westboro Baptist Church going on there...  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ST Johnes River?  They have to get my me just to cross I95!  Did you mean the Intercoastal Water Way by chance?

OK, ICW it will be. Rally Point will be Sea Bird Island.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Where was the outcry about the church that burned bibles last year in NC, and why didn't Obama condemn that?

This nutjob is getting all the publicity he wants...I hope the soldiers overseas aren't the ones that end up paying the price for his little stunt.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:15:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I've wondered if they are required to pull a Burn Permit with the City or County for this.

My prediction is the Gainesville Fire Dept will find a way to stop this. Claiming it is a safety hazard.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Where is the President, politicians and leftist screaming don't burn the Koran, now. So it's OK to burn the American flag and threaten to kill all Americans. Why aren't our leaders and leftist taking a stand against this. I'm am tired of this shit and now the President of the United States is demanding almost ordering the pastor not to burn the koran. Why is this islamic ass kissing President, politicians and leftist not denouning the flag burning and the threats to kill all Americans. So it's OK that these islamic muslims that believe in a religion of terror to burning our flag and threatening to kill all Americans. I dare them to come on my property and threaten me. Come on where are the news media,leftist, politicians and the President. Come on our great leaders, get up off your knees and pull your heads out of the these islamic murders asses and up stand up for America for once in your life and stop trying to destroy it!

Just in. Imterpol just released a statement that burning the Koran will spark terrorist attacks world wide. Let's just go ahead and throw away our Constitution and Bill of Rights and convert because that's what will happen if we bow every time these people whine and cry. Our government is almost converted.  I may not agree with what this man is doing but when our own government and leftist attacks him and says nothing about what's mentioned above. Well that's just wrong
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#27]
  By AMIR SHAH, Associated Press Writer Amir Shah, Associated Press Writer   – 53 mins ago

KABUL, Afghanistan – Hundreds of angry Afghans burned a U.S. flag and chanted "Death to the Christians" on Thursday to protest plans by a small American church to torch copies of the Muslim holy book on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_re_as/quran_burning_reaction

Religion of peace..... my ass.

This whole parade is just a few of ours acting like a lot of theirs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Alway have been locked and loaded...nothing has changed...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm going on record as being against book-burning as a form of censorship, but what this guy is doing is making a political statement.  As such, it should be ABSOLUTLY protected and defended by the 1st Amendment.

Political dissent is the most important speech we have in this country, without it... we might as well be in Iran.  

A wiser man than me once said: "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your RIGHT to say it." (or something like that)

This country is full of whining, spinless, sycophantic a**holes that act as if the Constitution is a burden on our society.  

Bleeding-heart liberals, who care more about the quality-of-life for criminals and parasites than law-abiding citizens, have always been around.  Now it seems they're the majority.

I, for one, am sick of it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Even if they blew up the Swamp this Saturday, nobody would care within 2 years.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#31]
he just cancled it apparently....
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Got his publicity,   Now he's done

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Got his publicity,   Now he's done

I honestly don't think he was looking for publicity, I feel he believes

in what he is doing. I have very mixed feelings about the whole thing

but like how it showed the world the hypocrisy of of those wanting

to build the mosque at ground zero.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Alway have been locked and loaded...nothing has changed...

+1, neighbor.  

You goin' to the game?  No potential security threat there, right?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Nope not going to the game....after last weeks debacle I dont even know if they are worth watching in the comfort of my house...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Jews burn New Testaments and  no one cares
In many episodes of Penn & Teller's BS they destroy bibles, yet no one cares.

Some small group here in town wants to burn the Qur'an ,  and suddenly it's a big deal....

...yeah I'll be locked and loaded, because we all know it's not a religion of peace.
Considering UF's  security and the nuclear reactor in the engineering building I'm glad I've got enough iodine tablets to fill up family thyroids while we get out of town.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#37]
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hKWWJdTrfALpbYfWB6fM58p6u-pwD9I4I32G0

Wonder if having the FBI knock on his door had anything to do with it , Wonder who made the call to send them out ? :)
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:22:37 AM EDT
[#38]

So it's OK to burn the American flag and threaten to kill all Americans. Why aren't our leaders and leftist taking a stand against this

yip..its ok for them. you didnt get the memo did you.

dont let good drama go to waste.. O wants a show.....

to be honest....i doubt anything crazy will happen. may have 1-2 small events ( like the pecker head that blew himself up at the ohio state game iirc). but nothing to go into condition brown about and walk out side in full rattle to play reddawn...

if so ill say i was wrong when the net comes back up

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:31:06 AM EDT
[#39]
and n ot so publicized by the lefty media, is the aspect of the Gainesville Mayor.

Mayor Lowe is an openly gay fag.  He was an openly gay fag City Commission  member before  becoming mayor.

The Rev. at the Dove Church, has been ragging Lowe for years about being a fag.

Now Lowe has the power of his office, and the local political machine to go after the Dove Church, and he has with a vengeance.  He has written letters to the UN,  The World Court, Eric Holder,  muslim leaders world wide and every news organization he could find, to first condem the "islam is of the devil" signs the Church put up, and then was the engine behind blowing the entire koran burning out of all proportion with reality.

To top it all off, after creating the firestorm about the book burning,  Lowe said he will bill the Church for the 'protection' that his actions made necessary.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:42:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There just putting money in the Muslims pockets by buying all these books to burn... way to support the terrorist.

you could always find and old used copy in the library

or one published by a company here in the US

not that Im in favor of doing it

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:49:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've wondered if they are required to pull a Burn Permit with the City or County for this.

My prediction is the Gainesville Fire Dept will find a way to stop this. Claiming it is a safety hazard.

If they are in the city... then it will be the agency having jurisdiction in the city.... County... agency having jurisdiction in the county.

Generally... if you are burning with out a permit.... and the fire department is called.... you are told to extinguish said fire, given a lecture on the ordinance, maybe even given a pamphlet or brochure explaining everything you just got lectured on. If you refuse to extinguish the fire, we will do it for you!

If the process repeats itself over & over again...(having to come back out several times for the same thing) then you would be issued a citation.

In this case.... I'm sure they would outright issue him the citation on the first go round... after all... the world is watching!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:56:15 AM EDT
[#42]

To top it all off, after creating the firestorm about the book burning, Lowe said he will bill the Church for the 'protection' that his actions made necessary

they should bill lowe for any and all cost involed in any death,funerals,rehab,treatment and cost related to saving the lives of any US troop in a-stan or iraq

since that protection is what let the knob slobbing liberal  douche fag mayor!

just my Am peachy self  today LOL
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:02:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The first thing the mayor did was to direct the Fire Department to deny a burn permit.  Preacher says he will burn anyway.    They could burn without a permit if they used a closed burn pit.
Neither side will, or course, give in.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:36:34 AM EDT
[#44]
It's not just Gainesville now. And Jones is flip flopping on whether or not he'll cook the books.  Now we have a "church" in Kansas (remember the protesters that showed up at soldiers funerals?  It's them...), a church in Tennesee, and people in Wyoming who will all be book cooking whether or not Jones does it in Gainesville.  Additionally, there are 2 competing rallies in NYC scheduled; pro and anti Ground Zero mosque, and a NYC "cop army" to try and keep them apart.  Probably just the beginning.   Oh well.  I'm going to the range today.  Will add popcorn to the BOB.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#45]
 I'm sorry its their right to BURN M F 'er BURN. I think this will spark people all over You Tube doing it . I bet there's now going to be people on you tube urinating and defecating on them. I can't wait for the hilarities to start. Maybe it will spark the shot heard round the world. Bring the wackos out of hiding. Should be interesting. Nothing good on TV right now any ways.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#46]
and the reaction of the American government makes you stop and think.  If our government's reaction to a threat is to squeal like a little girl, what the HELL will we do after Iran has 'the bomb'?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
and the reaction of the American government makes you stop and think.  If our government's reaction to a threat is to squeal like a little girl, what the HELL will we do after Iran has 'the bomb'?

Yup! Makes you wonder....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Where is the President, politicians and leftist screaming don't burn the Koran, now. So it's OK to burn the American flag and threaten to kill all Americans. Why aren't our leaders and leftist taking a stand against this. I'm am tired of this shit and now the President of the United States is demanding almost ordering the pastor not to burn the koran. Why is this islamic ass kissing President, politicians and leftist not denouning the flag burning and the threats to kill all Americans. So it's OK that these islamic muslims that believe in a religion of terror to burning our flag and threatening to kill all Americans. I dare them to come on my property and threaten me. Come on where are the news media,leftist, politicians and the President. Come on our great leaders, get up off your knees and pull your heads out of the these islamic murders asses and up stand up for America for once in your life and stop trying to destroy it!

Just in. Imterpol just released a statement that burning the Koran will spark terrorist attacks world wide. Let's just go ahead and throw away our Constitution and Bill of Rights and convert because that's what will happen if we bow every time these people whine and cry. Our government is almost converted.  I may not agree with what this man is doing but when our own government and leftist attacks him and says nothing about what's mentioned above. Well that's just wrong

Exactly.

I'm tired of people worrying about offending them. In case all of the people who are worried about offending them have forgotten, we are at war with these people. When we are at the point that we have no other course of action to resolve our differences with a group people than killing them, then what difference does it make if we piss them off. When we are at war with someone we should not care about what pisses them off.

I personally agree too that burning the Koran is just a stupid pointless act to get attention by this pastor and his flock but the idea that we should stop it because it might offend people we are war with is just absolute silliness.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#49]
At this point I wish they made a damn bonfire out of Korans, this shit has got so stupid..
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#50]
That patoris a Pu@@Y if he does not follow through. I a have 1000 copies burned on to a DVD and one haed copy downloaded of net at http://www.islamway.com/SF/quran/ for free

I keep hearing that song Burn baby Burn in my head
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top