Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2009 2:55:51 PM EDT
Hey guys, what's going on? My brother is a freshman at Brevard this year, and I'm going up to visit him next weekend. I really think that he would like it if I brought him his M1A to shoot and play with while I'm up there with him. (he doesn't have anywhere to keep it at school)

Are there any public ranges or WMAs or anything near Brevard where I can take him to go shooting?

Thanks,

Tom
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
ON Target on sweeten creek road in asheville. and i think ther one in hendersonville or flatrock not sure about that just seems like i heard it at a gun show. search the web there are ranges around but there few and far between.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 4:52:27 AM EDT
[#2]
On Target is handgun and .22 rifle only, no centerfire.

There is the Wayne E. Smith Range in Canton area, which is free and open to the public. It is run by the NC Wildlife Commission.
Wayne E. Smith Range

And there is this indoor one in East Flat Rock
Hendersonville Range
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 6:15:45 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a new indoor range about ten minutes from brevard college.  It is called bear arms.  A friend and I stopped in there Saturday and it seemed pretty nice with reasonable rates.  I think it was 15 for the whole day but i may be wrong
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is a new indoor range about ten minutes from brevard college.  It is called bear arms.  A friend and I stopped in there Saturday and it seemed pretty nice with reasonable rates.  I think it was 15 for the whole day but i may be wrong

That's awesome, are they rated for rifle calibers? (.308 specifically) any chance you have a phone number?

Quoted:

There is the Wayne E. Smith Range in Canton area, which is free and open to the public. It is run by the NC Wildlife Commission.
Wayne E. Smith Range

Hendersonville Range

I like the pics of the wayne E Smith range, but an hour is kindof far...Do you have an addy or something so I can googlemaps it? That might be the one...
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome, are they rated for rifle calibers? (.308 specifically) any chance you have a phone number?

Quoted:

Wayne E. Smith Range

Hendersonville Range

I like the pics of the wayne E Smith range, but an hour is kindof far...Do you have an addy or something so I can googlemaps it? That might be the one...

http://beararmsbrevard.com/  They do allow rifles
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
UPDATE:

Went to Bear Arms around 1800 on saturday night. The couple that own it are really nice. They don't rent or sell any firearms personally, but they have another vendor that has some floor space set up (didn't see what he had, he was packed up when we got there).

They were having a competiton to shoot a nazi zombie target that was moving around on the range with the lights out, strobes on, and loud music and ambient noise playing so my brother and I did that. It was a lot of fun.

22$ for 50rds of 40S&W...not bad i guess.

15 dollars for the day to shoot, but only 20 for the family...this means my brother, myself, my parents and my girlfriend all shot for $20, tax included.

Very nice range and facilities, The lady even showed us all around and everything.

The rifle range is 40yds and the largest caliber that they've shot is 300WM. Black powder is ok too, as long as it doesn't interfere with others.

umm, what else....Oh, If you go to the college and become a member, they are working on having lockers/safe set up so students that can't have their firearms on campus, keep them there at the range.

Didn't think to ask about NFA, but I don't see why not as long as your paperwork is in order.

Overall it was a really good trip, I recommend it to anyone going into Brevard for the day or whatever.

Tom
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Their is one in Flat rock and it's Called Rex's indoor range.  They are open on every day of the week.  But only a few hours on sunday.  75 yard max. $8 for first half hour then $7 every half hour after that.it's about 30 to 45 minutes away from Brevard college  Just take 64 into hendersonville than take 25 ( I think) until you get to upward road and it's right off of 25.  Don't trust my written directions mapquest it or something.  It's a pretty nice range
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks for the info on the brevard range

where is it located exactly?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#9]
i don't really know any names of streets, but if your at the front of the college, and are going west on 64 it's about ten minutes down the road on the left, in a tin building with a huge flag out front, can't miss it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#10]
10-4

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top