Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/3/2006 12:34:03 AM EDT
I have yet to find a gunshop in this town where the owners weren't over-charging jack-asses.
Please prove me wrong...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:51:40 AM EDT
Lets see,
Storefronts in Tally

Kevins on Cap Cir N.E - For folks with WAAAAY too much $$ Good selection over priced like a Rolling Stones Concert.

Oshmans : Very Small selection, Cheaper than Kevins, like thats difficult. Am Told they Hide their Sale stuff from Customers

Sports Authority : Same as Oshmans

Pawn Shops : Good Luck

I have a friend who is an FFL and I gladly drive an hour each way and buy my stuff from him.

Of course it doesn't happen as much as I would like, darn wife and Kids want to eat 3 times a Day.. Jees

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:32:05 AM EDT
Try Tallahassee Gun and Pawn on Monroe, just down the way from the Capital Building.

They're not great but it is pretty much the only decent store next to Kevins, and he is overpriced and his crew are dicks
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:38:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NonConformist:
Try Tallahassee Gun and Pawn on Monroe, just down the way from the Capital Building.

+1 They did my Transfer for me no problem.

I only go to kevins for Ammo.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:35:30 PM EDT
I remember when Kevin's just started out.... man how things have changed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:52:00 PM EDT

They're not great but it is pretty much the only decent store next to Kevins, and he is overpriced and his crew are dicks

I've been a loyal customer to that place since I bought my first AR-15, although the owner always struck me as a complete asshole. But his unbelievable constant rudeness finially pissed me off beyond belief last week. Fuck that piece of shit, I'm never giving him another dime.

I know Kevins is outrageously overpriced but are their ammo prices reasonable?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:17:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/3/2006 8:18:11 PM EDT by NonConformist]
You may want to try a shop toward Panacea. He's changed the name a few times but I think it is now called "Rons Guns"

Went in there a couple of times, and he had all kinds of stuff and good prices on ammo. Good customer service too!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:40:51 AM EDT

You may want to try a shop toward Panacea. He's changed the name a few times but I think it is now called "Rons Guns"

Went in there a couple of times, and he had all kinds of stuff and good prices on ammo. Good customer service too!

Isn't Ron the guy with the Semi-Auto Styer Aug A3 for the low low price of $5999 he can't seem to shake for some reason?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:48:14 AM EDT
I dont recall an AUG but he had an M60-E3 for like $60,000 one time.

Little white warehouse type building with an eight ft chain link fence around it on the left side(going toward panacea) of the road. Cash stand is on the right as you enter, ammo on the left
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:42:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lockedon:

I know Kevins is outrageously overpriced but are their ammo prices reasonable?
Thanks!

Prices aren't great, but the selection is. It's the only store that I've been able to get 16 Guage for duck hunting. Their other Hunting ammo lines are about the same as most other stores, just a better selection. They don't really have any plinking ammo.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:03:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:45:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SGB:
Tallahassee Gun & Pawn just SUCKS.]

+1

I did my transfers at Folmar. Guess I'll try James for the next one.

didnt know we had this many AR owners in Tally. Where do you guys shoot at? I really hate that public range....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:41:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 10:42:07 PM EDT by vanilla_gorilla]
James at Ordnance or the guys at Flomar do mine.

Been shooting at Tallahassee Rifle and Pistol Club. I don't go back to the range in the forest, haven't lost anything there.

Edit: Folmar charges $25.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:43:19 PM EDT

Isn't Ron the guy with the Semi-Auto Styer Aug A3 for the low low price of $5999 he can't seem to shake for some reason?

I don't remember his name, but he's down here in Saint Marks, IIRC. He's proud of that thing, ain't he?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:59:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HACRUEVO:

Tallahassee Gun & Pawn just SUCKS.]

+1

I did my transfers at Folmar. Guess I'll try James for the next one.

didnt know we had this many AR owners in Tally. Where do you guys shoot at? I really hate that public range....

How about a small tallahassee ARFCOM meet/shoot?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:56:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:50:58 AM EDT

How about a small tallahassee ARFCOM meet/shoot?

I'm Game.

Let's do it!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:18:10 AM EDT
In.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:11:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:07:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:57:15 AM EDT

What say ya'll to .........

Sun - 04/23 about 9am at the Public range?

I will be up that way that weekend. Are you talking about the range South of Town??
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:14:09 PM EDT
Top Top