Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 5:30:35 PM EDT
Other than DFW Gun Range (in doors) I'm not aware of any.
I'd prefer someplace outdoors.

I have several place to shoot, but they're all 2+ hours from Dallas.
I'm looking for some place I can take my nephew over the Christmas holiday.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It might be a little far to drive, but there is Gibsons Outpost and Shooting Range in Mesquite. It outdoors and has 50, 100 and 200 yard rifle ranges. $10 dollars for membership and 10 per range trip. Its a nice place, not sure if they allow class III or not though, you could give them a call at  972-222-8127, there open 7 days a week from 10-5.. Its on Lawson Road off of Highway 80. If you have ever been to the Bigtown gun show, Gibsons is only another 10 to 15 miles past the Bigtown exit,.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It might be a little far to drive, but there is Gibsons Outpost and Shooting Range in Mesquite. It outdoors and has 50, 100 and 200 yard rifle ranges. $10 dollars for membership and 10 per range trip. Its a nice place, not sure if they allow class III or not though, you could give them a call at  972-222-8127, there open 7 days a week from 10-5.. Its on Lawson Road off of Highway 80. If you have ever been to the Bigtown gun show, Gibsons is only another 10 to 15 miles past the Bigtown exit,.

Thanks, that's not too far. I give them a call and ask if they allow full auto.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
TDSA www.tdsa.net between Seagoville and Ferris off Malloy Bridge Rd and Ralph's up in Tom Bean, SE of Sherman are about the only places.

TDSA is a members only range, you'll have to show Len your paperwork and demonstrate proficiency(so he knows you won't shoot your eye out).  At Ralph's you may also be asked to show your paperwork and demonstrate proficiency(they don't want you to shoot over or around the berm), you pay as you use the range, there's a box on the shed with envelopes and it's on the honor system.

TDSA has several bays and a rifle range(under reconstruction) and target stands in one bay.  You can leave your brass but need to clean up shotgun shells and other garbage.  Ralph needs you to police up your brass and everything else.

We frequently have get togethers at Ralph's.  At TDSA more often than not you will find yourself to be the only one on the range.

mm

Added:  Both ranges encourage the use of sound suppressors.  It's polite to the neighbors.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Ralph's - Tom Bean - $5/day for arfcom member shoot/get togethers or $3/hr per person other wise

tannerite allowed too
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
TDSA www.tdsa.net between Seagoville and Ferris off Malloy Bridge Rd and Ralph's up in Tom Bean, SE of Sherman are about the only places.

TDSA is a members only range, you'll have to show Len your paperwork and demonstrate proficiency(so he knows you won't shoot your eye out).  At Ralph's you may also be asked to show your paperwork and demonstrate proficiency(they don't want you to shoot over or around the berm), you pay as you use the range, there's a box on the shed with envelopes and it's on the honor system.

TDSA has several bays and a rifle range(under reconstruction) and target stands in one bay.  You can leave your brass but need to clean up shotgun shells and other garbage.  Ralph needs you to police up your brass and everything else.

We frequently have get togethers at Ralph's.  At TDSA more often than not you will find yourself to be the only one on the range.

mm

Added:  Both ranges encourage the use of sound suppressors.  It's polite to the neighbors.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Magnum Shooting Sports Center on Duck Creek Road in Sanger, Texas, also allows Title II / NFA toys.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Mickey's place south of town...unattended parcel of land, but well known through out NFA community.

Price has gotten a little steep lately, but still worth it. I think that's helped weed out the bubba factor.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have taken my suppressor there and they don't seem to care.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Mickey's place south of town...unattended parcel of land, but well known through out NFA community.

Price has gotten a little steep lately, but still worth it. I think that's helped weed out the bubba factor.

Where is it, who do I call and how do I join?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top