Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:29:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope so!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:50:57 AM EDT
[#2]
yes they are .
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#3]
So, I will take that as preban = good to go and post ban will be bad/no good.

Is that correct or are any hi cap mags good to go in State of New York ?

Thanks!

Dram
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
A magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds is illegal in NY unless it was manufactured prior to 09-14-1994.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds is illegal in NY unless it was manufactured prior to 09-14-1994.

+1
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
SOooooo......if your Beta C-Mag does NOT have a date stamped onto it, is it automatically assumed that it is pre-ban manufactured? What if it has an NSN stock number stamped on it? Then what?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
how bout if you put 90 dummy rounds in it?  is that a magazine that dont take more than 10 rounds??
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
SOooooo......if your Beta C-Mag does NOT have a date stamped onto it, is it automatically assumed that it is pre-ban manufactured? What if it has an NSN stock number stamped on it? Then what?

They were serailized, correct? easy enough to look that info up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#9]
use your head .. serial numbers and batch numbers can trace back to date of manufacture ..  preban beta's go for about 300 ( which is what i paid for mine 5 months ago after the ban sunset ) .. current manufactured versions go for 250 ..  spend the extra 50 and be happy you got a nice preban beta ...
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:34:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:19:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Contact the Beta Company in reference to this.  If my memory serves me right, the numbers stamped on the drums do not correspond with the date it was manufactured.  They may not even keep records of these numbers anymore since the sunset.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

with the exception of tubular magazines on .22 rifles
although those aren't detachable

provided, however, that such term does not include
an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating
only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know where to find the law that states pre bans over 10 rds are legal?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Penal Law

ARTICLE 265
FIREARMS AND OTHER DANGEROUS WEAPONS

S 265.00 Definitions.

As used in this article and in article four hundred, the following
terms shall mean and include:

23. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt,
drum, feed strip, or similar device, manufactured after September
thirteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four, that has a capacity of, or
that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten
rounds of ammunition; provided, however, that such term does not include
an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating
only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont recall whether or not NSN beta-C magazines have serial numbers or not. Anybody else?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#16]
From an old post. I believe the info is accurate. The preban mags that I have seen have the Y bracket and two different serial numbers on the drums as described. You are going to call attention to yourself with a C-Mag so I suggest that you get a letter from the Beta Company stating that the serial number of your mag is preban.

Things to look for if you have a "pre-ban" C-Mag and "NO Verification Papers":

1) it should have a 'Y' brace on the back of it (3 screws), and a single screw on front, that hold the feed tower on. This 'Y' bracket should go over the front of the feed tower (on the front, and clip on underneath). If yours has a single screw, on front, and single screw on back, and the metal strap goes underneath, you more than likely have a POST-BAN (or have an upgraded clip, please contact Beta Co. to be sure!

2) each drum should have a unique serial number on the front, near the bottom of the face. Each drum should have a different number (yes, left and right should have different numbers!) These numbers can be verified by Beta Co. if you have any doubts, call Beta CO., and they can tell you when your mag was mfr'd.

3) If you have any questions as to the legality of your mag, call Beta Co.!

www.betaco.com
Phone: 1-800-669-2382
or email: [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont recall whether or not NSN beta-C magazines have serial numbers or not. Anybody else?

This one does:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top