Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2008 3:37:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/27/2008 3:37:46 PM EST by ManBearPig]
A Hurricane? It's on channel 10 now. No time like the present to get ready. (I love all the hype)
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 3:39:35 PM EST
don't talk shit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 3:49:46 PM EST
From NOAA:

Link Posted: 5/27/2008 4:09:49 PM EST
8 PM 8:30 PM 9 PM 9:30 PM 10 PM 10:30 PM
WPLG
ABC 10 Local 10 Special: Preparing for a Hurricane

Programing Special on preparing as we're only one week away from the start of the season.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 5:01:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/27/2008 7:28:26 PM EST by irag2362]
actually I was at Costco today, restocking water batteries and canned food.. Already have a ton of Propane for outside lamps and BBQ, butane for kool lil indoor stove i bought (Walgreen's has them for $20 or so) 2 cases of MR Es ,and other essential stuff for if and when we go thru a Wilma type scenario again. My issue is that I can be stuck at work for 24 hrs if a storm hits and the girls may have to fend for themselves, so I have everything stacked or boxed in one spot in the Garage. I am picking up a battery operated fan at SA (maybe 2) and am thinking about a new mini tv that can pick up the new HD(old ones wont show a pic).
When Channel seven down in here in South Fl start with their reports (they are the catastrophe network after all) I don't want to be dealing with all the last minute crap except essentials like ice ( my cousin has a machine if I really need) Milk and stuff for the baby..

this worked for me in Wilma , hopefully it wont be needed again..

Here are pics of the Indoor use Butane stove

Link Posted: 5/29/2008 11:20:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By ManBearPig:
8 PM 8:30 PM 9 PM 9:30 PM 10 PM 10:30 PM
WPLG
ABC 10 Local 10 Special: Preparing for a Hurricane

Programing Special on preparing as we're only one week away from the start of the season.

It's Hurricane preparedness week.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 11:24:53 AM EST
I'm preparing for it by moving to Alaska next week.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 11:26:24 AM EST
Ain't gonna be no hurricanes this year.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 5:14:26 PM EST
I know someone who drives a minivan with a bolt face logo on it that just happens to have the exact same generator I do. Which means I know where to get spare parts
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 5:45:20 PM EST
I hope we get a couple of hurricanes. I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be used and I want to post pictures of post hurricane survival in the Survival Forum.

Can't be in the SF without a Survival Story now can't I.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 5:51:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By osprey21:

+1. yall are welcome to store your guns and ammo at my place, I will take care of them for you
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 5:57:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By 5oulja:

+1. yall are welcome to store your guns and ammo at my place, I will take care of them for you

You're all heart Tom. What would we do without you?...........

anyone???????<crickets....crickets....>
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 6:37:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/29/2008 6:39:37 PM EST by MiamiARFan]

Originally Posted By JoeyA:
I know someone who drives a minivan with a bolt face logo on it that just happens to have the exact same generator I do. Which means I know where to get spare parts

Looks like it's time for me to buy a night vision optic for my rifle.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 4:03:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By MiamiARFan:

Already done with mine last summer...

8900 Crusader GEN 4 from ATN...

Link Posted: 5/30/2008 4:23:52 AM EST

You traded in the truck for a minivan?

For the love of god, Lars, tell me it's a lie!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 11:38:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By Punani:

it's true....i have to look at it a few times a week on my way home from work...it's depressing....but lars could save a lot of money on gnerator safety if he got a dog that weighted more than my 1911.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 11:41:53 AM EST

it's true....i have to look at it a few times a week on my way home from work...it's depressing....but lars could save a lot of money on gnerator safety if he got a dog that weighted more than my 1911.

Link Posted: 5/30/2008 5:35:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/30/2008 5:54:48 PM EST by ManBearPig]

He still has the truck. The minivan is mine. It's really quite nice!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:27:40 AM EST
Hey, Moses is a Rat killer,
on command he will bite your toe!
or pee on your foot
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 12:46:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/2/2008 12:46:34 PM EST by JoeyA]

Originally Posted By TrkyHunter:
Hey, Moses is a Rat killer,
on command he will bite your toe!
or pee on your foot

that's ok, this is a little more effective than peeing on a foot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 1:18:59 PM EST

I been sayin' that for 30 years. I've only been wrong a couple of times!!!

jj
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:55:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By jjrockbush:

I been sayin' that for 30 years. I've only been wrong a couple of times!!!

jj

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:54:17 PM EST
All joking aside, It is that time of year to check out hurricane supplies and test equipment. I will do that this weekend. I have to. My father is now on O2 100% of the time and I need to run the generator a bit and test all of our lights and stoves and stuff as well as restock water food and batteries. If we have an emergency here in Jax and I am not prepared there is a serious chance I could lose him. I would not be able to live with myself If I just laughed it off and something happended....My uncle has a great saying : Proper preperation prevents piss poor preformance. Its a good mantra to practice. That being said, Once I am secure with my 6 P's I'll make fun of the Sheeple fighting in line at Wallyworld for the Ronco Hurricane proof beer cooler

bogg
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:59:27 PM EST
I just checked and I need to buy some more ammo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:23:40 PM EST
+1 to ammo
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:03:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By bogg:
+1 to ammo

+2

As for other supplies. I went and cleared out my local Walmart of the 2.5LBS Cans of Dinty Moore Beef Stew. Each can was a $3.45 a pop. I took thirty cans homes. Every single one they had....

Next coming week I plan of getting canned Fruits and Veggies. Also a two to four boxes of the 500/550 rd .22LR packs. I'm low on that. Only have about 800rd left and I plan on hitting the range this weekend with my Ciener Kit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:22:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2008 8:23:42 PM EST by GreatDane]
So, just in case anyone's interested... I wasn't able to find any of the stove that Irag posted about at Walgreens... However, I did indeed find them at Ace Hardware. $25 for the burner and $2 for the fuel canisters. Just cooked up some ham steaks on it, nice and quick... I live in an apartment, so I'm used to my slow-ass electric stove. And you can use it indoor, just gotta remember to crack a window. Also, it's got a piezo start, so you don't have to waste matches.
Top Top